Salem, OR

2 edits

Spectral

Premium Member

Trouble Bubble LLC Collegeville?

This post has been edited to include this note from the forum moderator:
»www2.dslreports.com/foru ··· 14565471
end edit

Anyone heard of this place? Just got a 9.95 charge on my acct from them and not coming up with any info. Only thing I've been able to find was in the search text on a webcrawler search the text of someone asking on the troublebubble website if that was them because they receive a 9.95 charge as well (note I've just started digging and have no reason to believe that website is linked to the company where the charges were in any way)
Kip patterson
Premium Member
join:2000-10-23
Columbus, OH

Kip patterson

Premium Member

Clever. They picked a name that is truly difficult to search.

First step is to protest at your bank. Not likely you can do much beyond that.

Spectral
Likes Cookies
Premium Member
join:2002-05-03
Salem, OR

Spectral

Premium Member

said by Kip patterson:

Clever. They picked a name that is truly difficult to search.

First step is to protest at your bank. Not likely you can do much beyond that.
Already done:) Charge went in yesterday morning. Already protested the charge and shut down the card. I figured if nothing else making a thread might bring more people in on a search who might've ran into this company.

lol, On top of that just last night we got a call from someone who was dying to give us a 20,000 dollar grant from the govt (sarcasm) and all she wanted was our bank account number, you know, to verify. Sounds like such a good deal!(/sarcasm)
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD

MVM

You should ask your bank to give you whatever contact information that they have in the system for that vendor. While the info may be bogus, it would be worthwhile to post. All merchant accounts will have a tag with some form of contact info.

I can assure you that if the charge only went yesterday morning, there will be many others who get it too. These high volume low charge amounts, are the current card scam du jour.

MGD

Jeff Chapman
@ocn.ne.jp

Jeff Chapman to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
troublebubbl···sage.zip
241,051 bytes
Trouble Bubble Voice Mail
(troublebubblescammessage.wav)
I got the same charge on my account. Here's what appeared on my statement:

TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC 215-310-9444 PA $9.95

The transaction date was 8/26 and the charge posted on 8/29.

I called the number and got a recording that said all operators are busy and to leave a message or email support@trouble-bubble.com. The message was in English but the English grammar was not correct. I went to trouble-bubble.com and found the following information:

trouble-bubble.com
»www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com

Phone/Fax:
(215) 310-9444

Support e-mail:
support@TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com

It's the same phone number as on the charge to my account and the email address listed is the same as in the phone message.

A whois query of the domain reveals the following:
======================================
Domain Name: TROUBLE-BUBBLE.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: »www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.DEVBILL.COM
Name Server: NS2.DEVBILL.COM
Updated Date: 14-apr-2005
Creation Date: 14-apr-2005
Expiration Date: 14-apr-2006

Registration Service Provided By: Jaguar Technologies LLC
Visit:

Domain name: trouble-bubble.com

Registrant Contact:
-
Todd Mitchell (chwstout@yahoo.com)
+1.8069932812
Fax: -
19 Kynwyd St
Mount, 256314
EC

Administrative Contact:
-
+1.8069932812
19 Kynwyd St
Mount, 256314
EC

Billing Contact:
-
+1.8069932812
19 Kynwyd St
Mount, 256314
EC

Technical Contact:
-
+1.8069932812
19 Kynwyd St
Mount, 256314
EC

Name Servers:
ns1.devbill.com
ns2.devbill.com

Creation date: 14 Apr 2005 20:19:44
Expiration date: 14 Apr 2006 20:19:44
======================================

Notice that the domain was created April 14 2005. Yet on their webpage they have "news" from 2003:

»www.trouble-bubble.com/i ··· ews.html

Also on their "news" page:

"02/19/2004 trouble-bubble.com continued by releasing BizTalk Server 2002. BizTalk Server 2002 provides tight integration with Visual Studio® .NET, the industry-leading development tool, allowing developers to easily build components for BizTalk Server. The product also allows customers to more rapidly link up to trading partners, to quickly deploy new applications, and to better manage and monitor their business processes."

Except BizTalk server is a Microsoft Product, not a Trouble Bubble product.

A Google search of "BizTalk Server 2002" reveals about 42,500 hits:

»www.google.com/search?hl ··· e+Search

A Google search of +"BizTalk Server 2002"+"trouble bubble" reveals ZERO hits:

»www.google.com/search?hl ··· G=Search

Trouble-Bubble.com is a scam page and has nothing to do with BizTalk server. I believe it is a front for this credit card scam.
MGD
MVM

1 edit

MGD

MVM

said by Jeff Chapman :

I got the same charge on my account. Here's what appeared on my statement:

TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC 215-310-9444 PA $9.95

Trouble-Bubble.com is a scam page and has nothing to do with BizTalk server. I believe it is a front for this credit card scam.
Nice work and excellent call, you hit the nail on the head. The NS1 and NS2.DEVBILL.COM name servers for WWW.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com caught my attention. This is another version of the DEVBILL ezsoft credit card scam, that has been operating for well over a year now under multiple names.I can't believe that those criminals are not in jail. They all have fake registration info.
Complaints about invalid domain registration info can be made here: »wdprs.internic.net/

You should cancel the card, and notify the bank that it was fraud, in addition you should file a report at: »www.ifccfbi.gov/

The name TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC shows up on a Delaware Corp listing. The one thing they all have in common is that they all use devbill.com name servers:
This contact info is fake too
Domain name: devbill.com
IP 66.98.206.27
Registrant Contact:
Developer Billing Company
Ivan Maximov (ivanmaxximov@yahoo.com)
(509) 352-7566
Fax: none
666 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK, 10103
US

Administrative Contact:
(509) 352-7566
666 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK, 10103
US

Technical Contact:
(509) 352-7566
666 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK, 10103
US

Billing Contact:
(509) 352-7566
666 FIFTH AVE
NEW YORK, 10103
US

Name Servers:
NS1.DEVBILL.COM = IP 66.98.206.27

NS2.DEVBILL.COM = IP 66.98.206.27

Trouble-Bubble.com = IP 66.98.207.203

Both DevBill, Trouble-Bubble, and the nameservers are all hosted on:

OrgName: Everyones Internet, Inc.
OrgID: EVRY
Address: 390 Benmar
Address: Suite 200
City: Houston
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 77060

NetRange: 66.98.128.0 - 66.98.255.255
CIDR: 66.98.128.0/17
NetName: EVRY-BLK-14
NetHandle: NET-66-98-128-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.EV1.NET
NameServer: NS2.EV1.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-07-02
Updated: 2004-02-06

TechHandle: RW172-ARIN
TechName: Williams, Randy
TechPhone: +1-713-579-2850
TechEmail: *****@ev1.net

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE477-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: ABUSE
OrgAbusePhone: +1-713-579-2850
OrgAbuseEmail: *****@ev1.net

OrgNOCHandle: NOC1445-ARIN
OrgNOCName: NOC
OrgNOCPhone: +1-713-579-2850
OrgNOCEmail: ***@ev1.net

OrgTechHandle: RW172-ARIN
OrgTechName: Williams, Randy
OrgTechPhone: +1-713-579-2850
OrgTechEmail: *****@ev1.net

OrgTechHandle: VST3-ARIN
OrgTechName: Stinson, Valarie
OrgTechPhone: +1-713-579-2850
OrgTechEmail: ******@ev1.net

The devbill fraud scams were reported on BBR last year:
»$9.95 scam.. check your bank statements.

and several reports are here:
»www.google.com/search?hl ··· +hosting

MGD
edit=corrected Fed link

SpiffyA200
@dsl.milwwi.ameritech

SpiffyA200

Anon

I found this link and I just got a charge for 9.95 from TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC 215-310-9444 PA with a transaction date of 8/12/05. I had no idea what what it was for. After getting to this site I called my card and cancelled the payment.

downsct
@bellsouth.net

downsct to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I too have just receive a charge of 9.95 from Trouble Bubble LLC 215-310-9444 PA on 9/11/05. Based on the info I have read on this site I suspect at the very least the card has been compromised, I have canxed the card and reported the fraud to the appropriate authorities. Thanks for heads up.

someonehere
@lsanca.dsl-w.verizon

someonehere to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I also received an unauthorized charge on my credit card from Touble Bubble LLC. By anychange do you guys use Paypal? Because I have read of connections of Paypal and Devbill (which is connected to Trouble Bubble).

JohnMcM3
@medfrd01.nj.comcast.

JohnMcM3

Anon

I just found an identical charge on my VISA account. When I called Chase/BankOne about it, they refused to persue it saying the amount wasn't worth the effort; they wiped the charge off my account.

A month ago I bought movie tickets online, at the end of which a Special Offer pop-up was presented wherein I typo'd and was briefly enrolled in some "club". Grrrr.... I cancelled out and should never have been billed, but... maybe they lied about their billing policies.

eah
@dsl.sntc01.pacbell.n

eah to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
hey, quick google search and found this thread.
same story as everyone else here. got charged the 9.95 as well as another 24.99 from a company called digital age.
heres a quick copy paste of the two bogus charges.

09/21/05 DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SE
$24.99

09/21/05 TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC 215-310-9444 PA
$9.95

does anyone think they are linked?

tzatlabrax
@sprint-hsd.net

tzatlabrax to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I found this forum by searching on "888-529-98", which was on a charge to my visa debit that posted friday (the 23). The number is all but the last two digits of the phone number associated with the merchant, according to the claims department of my bank; they also gave me the full number, which is 888-529-9874, which is apparently a honda dealership in clearwater florida (according to the person who answered the phone). She gave me an extension (extension 172) to call that would connect me to their accounts department, but I went ahead and contested that charge through my bank and got the card cancelled.

The actual charge was "0922 DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS" and then a long string of numbers. It was for $24.99.

smells like a scam to me.

AnonGuest
@qwest.net

AnonGuest to eah

Anon

to eah
I have the $24.99 Digital Age charge on my card on the same day. I closed the account and am disputing the charge. Has anyone else run into this charge? Other than this thread, I'm not getting any hits for information.
schrempf
join:2001-01-09
West Chester, PA

schrempf

Similar story here. Haven't used card in awhile except recently for an Amazon purchase.

$9.95 charge to JM BUSINESS PRODUCTS on 9/18/05 (posted 9/20/05)
$24.99 charge to Digital Age on 9/19/05 (posted 9/21/05)

Cancelled card and reported the fraud. I know that the charges weren't made by me since I hardly ever use the card.

FraudVictim
@michav01.md.comcast.

FraudVictim to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest

I rec'd charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on 9/23

A charge of $24.99 appeared on my Capital One account as of 9/23 with an incomplete 888 number and a Cyprus location. When I called Capital One, they said they would only treat it as a disputed charge. They then told me I couldn't talk to anyone until tomorrow morning. When I told them that this isn't a disputed charge but raud, they said that it didn't matter, this is how they handle such matters. Unbelievable!
FraudVictim

FraudVictim to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest
A charge of $24.99 appeared on my Capital One account as of 9/23 with an incomplete 888 number and a Cyprus location. When I called Capital One, they said they would only treat it as a disputed charge. They then told me I couldn't talk to anyone until tomorrow morning. When I told them that this isn't a disputed charge but fraud, they said that it didn't matter, this is how they handle such matters. Unbelievable!

gnazarey
@owngsm01.md.comcast.

gnazarey to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

Re: Trouble Bubble LLC Collegeville?

I just received the same statement on my credit card. I also received the following a couple of days ago that look like fraud too:

SUN SOFTWARE SYSTEMS 480-4520120 AZ
sproket90
join:2004-09-16
Dayton, OH

sproket90 to FraudVictim

to FraudVictim

Re: I rec'd charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on

i have the same charge this month and also one from KC SOFTWARECOM LLC for 9.95. i am getting a new card...

Fubar16
join:2001-02-20
Phoenix, AZ

Fubar16 to Spectral

to Spectral

Just recieved the Digital Age 24.99 Auth on my Debit card....

mcubed77
@128.220.x.x

mcubed77 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I just got this charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on my card on 9/23 too. Chase tagged it as Fraud and ahave reported the name to all the credit agencies.

juniper53
@dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter

juniper53 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I just checked my MBNA visa statement and there were 2 fraudulent charges - Digital Age $24.95, and a couple of days earlier Generex Technology $9.95. When I called MBNA I reported it a fraud, not as a disputed charge. They dealt with it immediately and cancelled my card. Don't report this as a disputed charge - it's fraud and you need to let them know up front you have fraudulent charges on your acocunt.

Thanks to this thread! My efforts to search this came up empty on Digital Age until I hit this board. Otherwise I wouldn't have known it was a common problem. Generex Technolgy sells cell phone games etc.
Thanks everyone!
juniper

Park1
@comcast.net

Park1

Anon

I also had a charge by Digital Age on 9/21/05. Thanks to this thread, I also will be reporting the charge as fraudulent and having my credit card canceled.

Thanks.
MGD
MVM

MGD to juniper53

MVM

to juniper53
said by juniper53 :

I just checked my MBNA visa statement and there were 2 fraudulent charges - Digital Age $24.95, and a couple of days earlier Generex Technology $9.95. ........Generex Technolgy sells cell phone games etc.
Thanks everyone!
juniper
You didn't mention if a phone number was listed with the Generex Technolgy $9.95 charge. There is a generextech.com website that lists cellphone games:

Domain name: generextech.com

Registrant Contact:
-
Jason Hilbert (jashilbert[AT]consultant.com)
+1.6145590566
2312 Far Hills Ave
Dayton, OH 45419
US

That address is a Mail Boxes Etc. drop box. The domain was registered thru, and hosted by Jaguar Technologies LLC.

The phone number above matches the support number on the website: »www.generextech.com/contacts.php

In addition GENEREX TECHNOLOGY, LLC registered with the State of Ohio in May 05: »serform.sos.state.oh.us/ ··· =1541930
and was registered by a Wambwene L Wamba with an address in West Chester, OH.

As a follow up, »www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com is now dead:
DNS Lookup: www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com A record
Searching for www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com A record at l.root-servers.net [198.32.64.12]: Got referral to L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
Searching for www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com A record at L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.41.162.30]: Reports that no A records exist.
Answer:
No A records exist for www.TROUBLE-BUBBLE.com. [Neg TTL=172800 seconds]

MGD
gilahacker
join:2002-09-14
Phoenix, AZ

gilahacker to Spectral

to Spectral

fraudulent charges from "digital age"

I had a charge on 9/22/05 from "INNOVATIVE SOFTWARE-Computer Maint & Repair" showing a phone number of "1-610-579-9414" which goes to a full voicemail box.

I had a second charge on 9/26/05 from "DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SE" (you'll notice the last two digits of the phone number are missing).

To try to find a common denominator, here is some info about me:

-I live in Mesa, Arizona

-I bank with desert schools federal credit union

-I have a visa/debit card with the above bank

-I have a paypal account that is tied to this bank account

-I have used this card for payment on amazon.com, pcmicrostore.com, buy.com, and newegg.com, and probably a handfull of other sites.

-I use this card to pay my bills online for Sprint (which I cancelled a few months ago), Cingular (cell phone service) and the following credit cards: Sears, Dillards, Chevron-texaco, Target, and Kohls

-I recently applied for, and was approved for, credit with Dell, but have not bought anything or made any payments to them

I've also used this card at numerous gas stations, restaurants, and retail stores... which makes it almost impossible for me to tell when/where my card was comprimised.

I have a feeling that this isn't a case of someone writing down our card numbers at a store though. Some more information from people who have been hit that haven't hardly used their card at all would be more worthwile.

Everyone PLEASE file a complaint at »www.ifccfbi.gov and hopefully they will catch the bastard(s) doing this to us.

-Jason Lynch

Anahata
@pimaco01.az.comcast.

Anahata to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

I just received a charge from Digital Age for $24.99 as well on 9/26 and called to dispute it will my bank Wells Fargo. I found this forum by searching for Digital Age Cyprus. I would like to know if anyone has had any success with getting this charge dismissed? And if so found the origin? I do have a Paypal account, could it be that?

kelle
@ny325.east.verizon.n

kelle

Anon

Hi All,

- Why is this relatively obscure forum the only place with information about this?!? Thank goodness for Google!

- I'm also curious about how our card numbers were obtained but I have nothing special in common with the things listed so far...I do have an eBay account, but it's not associated with the card that got charged. (Of course, I do use my card frequently for online purchases, but all reputable big name places and way too many to list here.)

- I have decided not to cancel my card. It's easier for me to dispute a couple small charges than to change all my auto-bill settings. Anybody have any opinions about this decision?
kelle

kelle

Anon

sorry, I meant I have a _PayPal_ account (not eBay), but it's not associated with this credit card. I'll finish drinking my coffee now...

Victim 999
@comcast.net

Victim 999 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
I also received a @24.99 charge from "DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS". The CC acct charged is also the one associated with my Paypal account...
nordicnine
join:2003-09-30
Glencoe, MN

nordicnine

Same here. Just charged yesterday (9/26).

It's also associated with a PayPal acct.
I imagine most people on this board have PayPal though, so I'm not sure if that's it.
I use it for everything though, so if it's not related to PayPal, I have no idea what it would be.

Just calling my bank to report it as fraud right now.:o
nordicnine

nordicnine to kelle

to kelle
PS- I'm not sure if I want to keep this card.
I imagine if they have it, someone else might to.
It might be sold all over the place eventually.

I don't think I'm going to risk it.
I'll probably just get a new card.