Kip patterson
Premium Member
join:2000-10-23
Columbus, OH

Kip patterson to amsnake

Premium Member

to amsnake

Re: I got the same changes ....

How does an account password work? This is the first I've heard of one.

Yankee Biker
@adelphia.net

Yankee Biker to eah

Anon

to eah

Re: Trouble Bubble LLC Collegeville?

Had the same thing with Digital Age. The US Bank fraud rep said they have seen a lot of this one lately. They canceled my card and will get a new one out tomorrow. Great service!

Versatil
@rr.com

Versatil to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
Apparently my Debit Card has been compromised.
PURCHASE MADE ON 10/18/05 AT ZEN*LDSPlanet.com
480-615-3440 AZ
$9.95

And two other traceable purchases at these costs:
$24.97
$28.76

Called bank, filed fraud, cancelled Debit Card on the spot.
I should be able to get my $9.95 back (Just look at the freaking domain name "zen*"?!). The other two (well, all of them anyway) really have me worried.

damn it. What really scared me is the very timing of these.. in between a PayPal withdrawal and an online purchase (I'm not pointing fingers). bleh. hopefully i won't have to worry about this after the new card comes in. =(

JADFL
@wolfrd01.fl.comcast.

JADFL to ewjl

Anon

to ewjl

Re: Appropo E Solutions?

Here is another fraud charge from this company --- they do not answer their phones either! (no surprise there!)

Bill-8675309
@dsl.lsan03.pacbell.n

Bill-8675309 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

GLOBAL-ONLINE.BIZ

They got me too, GLOBAL-ONLINE.BIZ for $15.00 on 9/30. I'm calling to cancel the card in the morning. Normally, I would have assumed I bought something online and just paid it, and I wonder if I've done that in the past now.

I only caught it this time because it's on a card I never use, and then all of the sudden I get a bill in the mail.

Oh well. At least I don't use it, so it's not a big deal to cancel.

Cater
@aol.com

Cater to bitz

Anon

to bitz

Re: Digital Age 888-529-98

The charge appeared on my Bank of America statement and I couldn't believe that they didn't flag it after all I have seen on the internet. It was for 24.99 dated 9-22 and posted 9-23. I don't belong to any of the saved credit card organization groups(Not PayPal)(haven't used Amazon in months) and rarely use it online. I do not have Quicken. Somebody is making a bunch of money by gaining acess to card numbers somewhere. B of A said they would credit my account but my credibility in them to guard my personal info is badly breached. They also didn't treat me very well. Apparently they hope you won't look too closely at your statement...

Je_ru
@adelphia.net

Je_ru to bitz

Anon

to bitz
I received the same charge on my credit card-Digital Age 888-529-98 with a Cyprus location on 9/28/05. Also a Foreign transaction fee of 0.74. I canceled my card and am initiating a dispute complaint with my CC company. I can't say how my credit card number was obtained-I can only speculate. I do have a PayPal account but I am not sure they have my credit card info. Good luck all-I hope the perpetrators get caught.

x385924
@123-30-64.ftth.swbr.

x385924 to mcubed77

Anon

to mcubed77

This is still happening. I was billed on Sept 30 by Trouble Bubble LLC Collegville PA for 9.95.

larrylyn
@comcast.net

larrylyn to in NC

Anon

to in NC
The same thing happened to me 9.95 charge from burdettinc, i haven't used the credit card for a year
mtaylor449
join:2005-10-25
Hainesport, NJ

mtaylor449 to Spectral

to Spectral
I just saw my statement GENEREX OUT of Ohio charged $4.95 to mine. Visa was giving me a hard time so i reported the card stolen. I called the GENEREX # on statement they can only be contacted by email or website.Good scam. I wonder how many people just pay it.

Painter Mom
@adelphia.net

Painter Mom to ewjl

Anon

to ewjl

Re: Appropo E Solutions?

I also received a $7.95 charge. Appropo E Solutions Corp, location: 347.745.2467, NJ. When I call the phone number, it rings and rings, then disconnects.

etoast66
join:2001-06-05
Caldwell, NJ

etoast66

(347) is not a NJ area code. I believe it is Queens or Brooklyn in NY.

ch3ryl
@gci.net

ch3ryl to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

Insofttech.com and wp-freeskysoft.com

I got hit for $9.95 at Insofttech.com and $9.50 at wp-freeskysoft.com. I tried to call my credit card company but you can only contact them through 1) fax; 2) mail; and on their website. I can't talk to a human being! I am so
brmorris
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09
Irwin, PA

1 edit

brmorris to ZOverLord

Premium Member

to ZOverLord

REPLY TO OCT 20

ZOverLord,

I have a registry of victims and they have been from 38 states so far and from 44 different banks. This is not local.

ZOverLord
Premium Member
join:2003-10-20
Minneapolis, MN

ZOverLord

Premium Member

said by brmorris:

REPLY TO OCT 20

ZOverLord,

I have a registry of victims and they have been from 38 states so far and from 44 different banks. This is not local.
Would you Like to take a shot at presenting this info to the Secret Service?

Tom66
@mhsqa.com

Tom66 to Beakum

Anon

to Beakum
This exact same charge came on my Capital One CC today (Charged Oct 10 from DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SWE). The amount was $30.12 Canadian.
I spoke to my CC company, and they are reversing the charge.
FYI - I do not have my credit cards listed with any company on the internet, so if you think one of your registries gave your info away, I'm certain that is not so in my case. I have never purchased from any of the merchants listed nelow (PayPal etc).

Tim Kugler
@adelphia.net

Tim Kugler to Beakum

Anon

to Beakum
Just got me too.

Ken C
@okcyok.swbell.ne

Ken C to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

We just got this charge dated 9/17/05 - Advanta Business Credit Card.
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD to brmorris

MVM

to brmorris

Re: Digital Age Fraud

Click for full size
Exhibit 1
Click for full size
Exhibit 2
Click for full size
Exhibit 3
Click for full size
Exhibit 4
Digital Age the Pluto connection !!

Wow !! Excellent post brmorris See Profile, I can fill in some blanks. You may not have realized it at the time, but you have tied Digital Age/diage.com directly back to the Pluto Scam.

In addition »www.diage.com has many of the ingredients of a "front operation", in that there is no measurable record of email traffic ever passing thru mail servers for the diage.com domain. That diage.com was never an email account provider, is further confirmed by the fact that there is no "abuse" address for that domain, a basic operating requirement for any email provider:

mail.diage.com's abuse response:
RCPT TO: abuse@diage.com
550 unknown user abuse@diage.com

Since it is clear that no one could have subscribed, or was using a diage.com email service then diage's response was just a cover up:
"Here was a reply from DIAGE.COM to someone defrauded in 2004:

"We have many problems with the fraudulent transactions taking place last time. We are ready to make a refund to anybody whom credit card was stolen and used to buy email account at our company. Our security department and police are trying to successfully investigate and solve this problem. Looks like somebody tries to earn some money using our affiliate program."
Thousands of people using stolen credit cards to buy non existent email accounts, that has a familiar ring to it!!.

Now that the current scam run mostly affects US card holders, you will notice that their
current contact address has:

US:
Edge Corporation
1704 Westland Road, 8401
Cheyenne, WY, 82001, USA

Phone: 1-877-716-9893
Fax: 1-800-622-8970

EU:
Vinepsis Trading Limited
Ifigeneias, 7, 4th floor, Strovolos,
P.C. 2007, Nicosia, Cyprus

And yes, Nicosia, Cyprus was one known location used by the Pluto scammers also.

As noted in your links to those forums, last year in early 04 when UK and other EU residents were subjected to fraudulent Digital Age charges the website contact addresses had this UK one in addition to the Cheyenne, WY one:

UK:
Ruby Services Ltd // www.diage.com
85 South Street
Dorking, Surrey
RH4 2LA
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 8000 193 009
Voice / Fax: +44 2076 811 286

Forum posters at the time reported that those UK contact phone numbers were fake. Prior to the EU credit card scam, diage.com only listed the Wyoming address in the contacts. It seems that the contact addresses were altered to reflect the scam du jour. The diage domain was originally registered in 2000:

Organization:
Edge Corporation
Jeremy Wilde
1704 Westland Road, 8401
Cheyenne, WY 82001
US
Phone: +1 800 356 3159
Fax..: +1 800 356 3159
Email: info@diage.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: »www.register.com

Domain Name: DIAGE.COM

Created on..............: Fri, Apr 28, 2000
Expires on..............: Fri, Apr 28, 2006
Record last updated on..: Mon, Apr 26, 2004

The listed address is a mail drop location and the "Edge Corp" appears to have been a "rent a corp" and was involuntarily dissolved for delinquent filings and taxes, see [Exhibit 1]. The named President, Olga Krylova does not show up in any relevant public records search. That is no surprise, since these rent a corps can be set up by anyone from almost any country, with little more than the same fake info used to register domains.

Before we directly address the Pluto/Digital Age connections, keep in mind that it is noteworthy that some of the Pluto charges were listed as DVD purchases to the victims. In the links provided by brmorris See Profile to last years version of the Digital Age UK scam, the first reports appeared in DVD forums, and were also attributed to DVD purchases.

The Pluto connection to Digital Age begins back in Feb. 2004 with this early post in the
huge "Pluto Data Credit Card Charge" thread. I recently contacted cvlight See Profile regarding the details listed, especially the billed.cc aka Pluto. While he does not have copies of the back up, he does recall that the inital leads came from Irene at Answerquick. They were the CSR company Pluto suckered into handling the customer service function. I also checked to see if he had actual copies of the Whois data, as it has now expired.

The relevant portion of the post is:
.....www.billed.cc (aka PLUTO D Nicosia)
»www.register.com/generate_gif.cgi?msg=..
The phone number listed "(307) 773-0419" We're sorry. We did not find a listing for the phone number you entered.
The phone number "(307) 773-0419" is a Cheyenne, WY based phone number and the registered carrier is Qwest Corporation.

The parent company name is:

Infinity Investment, Inc.
Albert Starovski (his name could not be found)
1704 Westland Rd
Cheyenne, WY 82001
(307) 634-6444
e-mail: contact@luxepay.com (www.luxepay.com could not be found but www.luxpay.com could).....
The Cheyenne, Wyoming number listed above 307-773-0419 is only one digit off from a contact phone number listed by Digital Age when they first adopted the current format in early 2002 see [Exhibit 2].

Even more interesting is cvlight's listing of the parent company "Infinity Investment Inc." with the contact@luxepay.com domain. While www.luxepay.com was not around when cvlight checked, an archived copy of the website circa 2003 shows it in the birthing stage of becoming an on line payment system. [Exhibit 3 & 4]. The internet wayback archive machine made 16 visits to www.luxepay.com between April 03 and February 04 For the first 8 visits the archived pages were as exhibits 3 and 4. However, in October of 03 and continuing until the luxepay.com domain expired in May of 04 all requests to that domain were redirected to Digital Age at www.diage.com. Clearly the same individuals controlled both the luxepay.com and diage.com domains.

If anyone has archived copies or access to the expired domain registrations of billed.cc and/or luxepay.com, please post to re verify.

MGD

srclark
@manass01.va.comcast.

srclark to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

As of Nov 4th I have a charge on my account from Hostitnow Inc for 7.95. Its on a MC debitcard from USAA. After learning about this company via googling it I went through my statements from the beginning of August and did not see any other strange charges. I called USAA today and they are sending me a new card but I'll have to wait till Monday to get the charge removed since USAAs fraud dept. is not open on weekends =(
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

1 recommendation

MGD to Spectral

MVM

to Spectral

Pluto, Digital Age, and da-support.com

Click for full size
Exhibit 1
Click for full size
Exhibit 2
Click for full size
Exhibit 3
More on:
Connecting Pluto, Digital Age, and now da-support.com together

After reading the excellent investigative post on the other D.A. thread by the folks from DIGITAL AGE PRODUCTS, this part caught my attention:
.........-- If you check your statement it says something like: Digital Age 8885298 Cyprus (all card holders who have called or e-mailed us have a similar number on their statement). MasterCard has informed us the full telephone number is 888-529-9842. THIS IS NOT DIGITAL AGE PRODUCTS’ TELEPHONE NUMBER. If you call this number, there will be a voicemail that will direct you to a web site: »www.da-support.com. FOR YOUR OWN SAFTEY, DO NOT FILL OUT ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE......

DAP have uncovered the real phone number for Digital Age, and the subsequent telephone instruction to fill out a form at »www.da-support.com in order to receive a credit for the fraudulent charges. In order to continue to assemble the pieces of the puzzle, and to sustain the conclusion in the previous post that this is a long running continuation of the Pluto scam, we need a connection that ties da-support.com back to Digital Age »www.diage.com. That appears to be a difficult task since da-support.com's registration is cloaked, and hides behind Network Solutions. On the other hand the diage.com registration uses info@diage.com as a contact, and an address in Wyoming. They also have different hosting and DNS.

Registrant:
IRS Ltd
ATTN: DA-SUPPORT.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Domain Name: DA-SUPPORT.COM

Administrative Contact :
IRS Ltd
a43c49qm9cj@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
ATTN: DA-SUPPORT.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Record expires on 13-Jun-2006
Record created on 13-Jun-2005
Database last updated on 13-Jun-2005

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS2.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.31
NS1.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.1

Well the only clue there is that "IRS Ltd" is most likely a UK name. An examination of www.da-support.com reveals another clue. There is a SSL cert on the server the was issued to www.musicsay.com. I can't take a shot of it as the site is down currently. However, whois.sc confirms the SSL Cert see [Exhibit 1]. Now lets have a look at the musicsay.com registration [Exhibit 2]:

Registrant:
IRS Ltd ---------------> LOOK
CASTLE ACRE ROAD
SWAFFHAM, NORFOLK PE37 7HS
UK

Domain Name: MUSICSAY.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
IRS Ltd
alex@diage.com ---------------> LOOK
CASTLE ACRE ROAD
SWAFFHAM, NORFOLK PE37 7HS
UK
Phone: 1234567890

Record expires on 26-Apr-2006
Record created on 26-Apr-2005
Database last updated on 26-Apr-2005

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS1.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.1
NS2.NETNATION.COM 204.174.223.31

Well!! a diage.com contact address, and the same IRS Ltd as da-support.com, except now we have the complete UK address. The UK companies search listing is only open M to F, however, I suspect that this is a hijacked name based on the listing at UK Data [Exhibit 3]. IRS Ltd is also classified in listings as "Sign Manufacture & Repair". Diage.com also used a UK company name Ruby Services Ltd during the EU card fraud last year. I also believe that someone traced Pluto Data as a UK company in that thread.

It appears that even with Kip patterson See Profile and others bringing the Pluto scam to the attention of mainstream media, we have heard little since of any law enforcement action. It now appears that this global criminal enterprise continues to feed from the fraud loss trough, that the banking system is willing to tolerate at consumers expense. They appear to be able to morph from one card scam to another and between countries, with little fear of being apprehended.

MGD
brmorris
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09
Irwin, PA

1 recommendation

brmorris

Premium Member

MGD,

Thank you for lending your expertise in this investigation! I am working hard to try to get this issue noticed and your work will certainly help.

The posts will take me a while to digest, but are excellent!

anonymoususer9999 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

Also hit with fraudulent charge dated 9/24/05 from 'Digital Age 888-529-98 Cyprus' in the amount $24.99. Bank of America Visa. Disputed.

victim1234
@dsl.pltn13.pacbell.n

victim1234 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
2 fraudulent charges - Digital Age $24.95, and few days later Globalnet SOFTWARE $9.95

gothit
@aol.com

gothit to Tim Kugler

Anon

to Tim Kugler

I got hit on my citi mastercard. Common factor seems to be MEMOVIE.COM.

I bought from them about on 9/28 and was hit on 10/04

greenXtal
@69.106.x.x

greenXtal

Anon

Me too. Digital Age 888-529-98 Cyprus SWE. $24.99 On an MBNA card that aint been out of my desk drawer since last March. MBNA says I should write them. Fat chance.

stilt
@cox.net

stilt to Beakum

Anon

to Beakum
Here i sit with a $24.99 charge from Digital age. Same # same city. Our card is not registared online at all because we are affraid of CC Fraud. It could have been a gas station or a bed bath and beyond or any number of transactions.

nother
@optonline.net

nother to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

And on it goes, Trouble Bubble and Digital Age charges here. Citi Bank sent me a card in the mail saying they suspected the Digital Age charges were fraud and that I should review my card and contact them.

izy
MVM
join:2000-09-21
endless loop

izy

MVM

That's the first pro-active action from any CC company we've heard about.

About dang time!

denver11
@qwest.net

denver11 to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral
just got a letter from the bank saying I am over balanced, i would never have noticed otherwise. WP-FREESKYSOFT.COM RUGBY GB the amount 9.50, gonna take it to the bank tomorrow