uniqs

MIABye
Premium Member
join:2001-10-28
united state

MIABye

Premium Member

Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse

Every once in a great while, I will have a problem with this mouse. The movement will become erratic as if the mouse is not sending its usual stream of information, and about %35 of my mouse clicks work. When this happens, I try everything from rebooting the machine to pushing the reset buttons and putting it back on the charger. Eventually the problem goes away, but it would be nice to know how to fix this problem. It is really annoying when this nonsense happens while I am playing a game.

knightry
I'm Not Fat, I'm Festively Plump
join:2002-05-06
San Jose, CA

knightry

Do you have the latest SetPoint drivers from Logitech's site? If not, try those first.. might be a known issue they have fixed with driver updates.. Also, do you use any other wireless devices (keyboard, internet, or even low frequency telephone) around where the mouse is located? If so, might try moving those out of the area and see if problem subsides.

MIABye
Premium Member
united state

MIABye

Premium Member

I already installed the latest driver. I went into the device manager, uninstalled the device, plugged mouse back in, and now the problem is solved...I think.
MIABye

MIABye

Premium Member

Damn it. Mouse is still messing up.
MIABye

MIABye

Premium Member

I finally figured out the problem. It seems the mouse antenna doesn't like being close to the cable modem. I guess before it was far enough away that it didn't cause a problem. The cable modem is now on the floor to be on the safe side.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to MIABye

Premium Member

to MIABye
that's weird interference, I love my wired MX500.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

I used to use the Logitech MX1000 but got tired of it so I got a MX510 and its so much better! I will never use a wireless mouse again.

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to MIABye

Premium Member

to MIABye
I love my MX1000, might replace it soon with a wired mouse but, there are a bunch of kids that visits my parents and stuff. A wired mouse would be put in big danger 8(

Anyways, I used to have the problem where the mouse would go nuts. The receiver was ontop of the wireless router I have...figured out that was a no-no.

MIABye
Premium Member
united state

MIABye

Premium Member

Now that I have experienced a wireless mouse, I will never go back to a wired mouse. I will also never go back to an optical mouse. Those make the cursor jump in the opposite direction. As for a wireless keyboard, I am too paranoid about someone picking up my keystrokes.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash

Premium Member

lol first time I heard about someone paranoid about cordless keyboards.

Optical DOES NOT make the cursor jump in the opposite direction, it was probably your surface.

j00k
Fanta Shokata
join:2000-10-18
Newark, CA

j00k to MIABye

to MIABye
i have to say the tracking engine in the mx1000 is awesome. compared to my old mx700, i can use the mx1000 on just about any surface and the mouse will still be useable. the only minor complaint i have is the battery life, which lasts anywhere from 7-10 days for me depending on usage. Gaming straight for 8 hours will knock off one bar in the battery life for me.

Angry Indo
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Worcester, MA

Angry Indo to MIABye

Premium Member

to MIABye
i use the laser and some times the mouse stops like its hitting a brick wall and cant go further till i pick it up and put it down.

the rechargeable battery is great if you sleep put it in the cradle when you go to bed and youll never have an issue