dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Who likes this?Not in Texas »
This is a sub-selection from Now Verizon...

oliphant
I Have 8 Boobies
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
Corona, CA

2 edits

oliphant to BVT

Premium Member

to BVT

Re: Now Verizon...

No, it's illegal. What they're doing meets certain criteria making it illegal.

Here is the law...
said by Title 15 :
TITLE 15 > CHAPTER 1 > § 13

§ 13. Discrimination in price, services, or facilities

Release date: 2004-05-18

(a) Price; selection of customers
It shall be unlawful for any person engaged in commerce, in the course of such commerce, either directly or indirectly, to discriminate in price between different purchasers of commodities of like grade and quality, where either or any of the purchases involved in such discrimination are in commerce, where such commodities are sold for use, consumption, or resale within the United States or any Territory thereof or the District of Columbia or any insular possession or other place under the jurisdiction of the United States, and where the effect of such discrimination may be substantially to lessen competition or tend to create a monopoly in any line of commerce, or to injure, destroy, or prevent competition with any person who either grants or knowingly receives the benefit of such discrimination, or with customers of either of them
By selecting a particular market to eliminate a competitor while discriminating (that is not offering the price to others) is Predatory Pricing and illegal. It is illegal to charge different customers different prices for like products unless it can be substantiated that the costs of delivering those products to market is different.

And here in California, all of the Fry's stores have the same prices...so as much as I've seen anyway, especially when it comes to advertisements.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

Every one else does it so why can't verizon ?

It is a huge joke all together and is never enforced if it was we would not be paying $60 for cable internet.

WakeUp
@ny325.fios.verizon.n

WakeUp to oliphant

Anon

to oliphant
Wake up and smell what your shoveling...
if you think 30/5 for $55 is predatory.. wait until there's
FIOS tv, hehehehe

BTW, that was supposed to come out in Sept, 2005
what happened???
I guess they wanted a 3 tier package to match a 3 tier
FIOS TV package, dunno if threes are a good or bad sign
for cablevision, but we'll soon find out
There are other market 'forces' in satellite tv that will make this more complex as time goes on... hehe

oliphant
I Have 8 Boobies
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
Corona, CA

oliphant to BosstonesOwn

Premium Member

to BosstonesOwn
That's the point. NOT everyone does it.
« Who likes this?Not in Texas »
This is a sub-selection from Now Verizon...