Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to hez

Re: my ipod photo won't turn off!

The VA Canteen store at the VA I work at got in a bunch of these Ipod's and they had the same problem. It turned out they where overcharged and in this state they will not turn off. Apple tech support said just to cycle the battery through a full charge cycle and that should fix the problem.
--
The older I get the more I prefer the company of my dogs over that of man kind.

nishnish

join:2007-02-03
Batavia, IL
reply to hez

i had similar problems with my ipod as well. if resetting it doesnt work, call 1-800-MYAPPLE.

they take u thru step by step and help you to fix ur problem. they will DEFINITELY help you out!

good luck!

kourt

@telus.net
reply to hez

hello i jsut bought my ipod on saturdayand jsut turned it on to listen to music after i chose my song and pressed play it froze..it wont reset and wont turn off what do i do

Tekila

@comcast.net
reply to amelia_g

Mine does the same thing i cant turn it off. How do u reset it i did it 3 times and nothing happened? HELP

aircooleddude

@pol.co.uk
reply to hez

Hi guys,

This is really interesting as I'm trying to find out why my 2 week old 80gb vide ipod won't shut off.

It won't shut off when I change the album and play the first track (it's like the harddrive isn't ready and when the harddrive stops quietly whirring after about 10 seconds it will shut off). Also, when i turn the ipod on after a couple of days of not using it and it's loading up, it won't turn off until the harddrive stops (about 10 seconds).

Is this normal or is my ipod a bad one??? It really wrroes me cause I've just spent £220 on it.

aircooleddude

@pol.co.uk
reply to hez

Hi guys,

This is really interesting as I'm trying to find out why my 2 week old 80gb video ipod won't shut off.

It won't shut off for 10 seconds when I change the album and play the first track (it's like the harddrive isn't ready and when the harddrive stops quietly whirring after about 10 seconds it will shut off). Also, when i turn the ipod on after a couple of days of not using it and it's loading up, it won't turn off until the harddrive stops (about 10 seconds).

Is this normal or is my ipod a bad one??? It really worries me cause I've just spent £220 on it.

steve18756

@comcast.net
reply to hez

This is my problem, My ipod nano shows the apple logo, so i turn the hold switch on then off, reset it so the apple logo melts away, then the apple logo reapaears and idk what to do then???????

E Roc

@verizon.net
reply to hez

My iPod would do everything but shut off. It just sat there draining my battery. I'm glad yo say that after holding down the center and menu button it reset and everything works as good as new. Thanks for the help.

sploorgy

@rogers.com
reply to hez

its happened to me about 8 times now and iv only had it for over a month

4 of the times it happened after unplugging it from my computer
maybe i should have gotten the mp3 player that was just as good (if not better) than the ipod

ipodsolver

join:2007-08-20

Ipod nano is quite good i have an 4GB blue ipod nano.

well you see i just bought because my sister bought a hardrive disk so i bought my ipod nano too.

well i only bought it like 2weeks ago or more i recently had a problem with my ipod nano
i came back from school when i wanted to on my ipod nano it turned on but
i played a song (the song has nothing to do with it) the whole thing frozed
my DS spoiled so i was very scared
than i tried holding the menu button it actually works it reset the whole thing but nothing were lost so guys its alright when this kind of things happen

Lyssalicous

@qwest.net
reply to hez

My Ipod nano wont turn off!!!

Ok well I have had my iPod for a few years and I havent had really any problem excpet once in awhile it just will not turn off. I tried resetting it but the reset doesnt work like I will do it right I know I am but it doesnt reset. I plug it into the computer hoping that will help it turn off I try to make it drain but it gets to almost dead but never dies I just dont know what to do someone plz help!!!

SS

@207.190.227.x
reply to hez

Does iPod (30gb w/ video) shut off on its own if it's left playing untouched or does it just keep playing until the battery is drained?

iPod problems

@comcast.net
reply to hez

my ipod photo won't turn off!

My iPod is kind of old, i got it 2 years ago. Sometime last year this problem happened and I charged it into an outlet and it fixed itself. But the same problem just happened to me today, nothing makes it turn off unless I dock it on my iHome and itll turn off then but besides that nothing works, WHAT DO I DO!?

Doctor Jacobs

@eircom.net
reply to hez

Mine wouldn't turn off after I had it plugged into my docking station for a couple of weeks, I think as someone else replied on this forum that I had overcharged it.
I let the charge run right down, which only took a few hours as it wouldn't turn off and then recharged it using my apple plug and it turns off fine now by pressing the play/pause button.
I think the answer is don't overcharge it through a docking station as it doesn't seem to like it. Good Luck.

Transmaster

Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to hez

The VA canteen store at the VA hospital I work at sold a bunch of this model iPod. A bunch of people had the same problem a call was put into Apple and they where told it was because the units where over charged. It is sort of a self correcting problem, just leave them on. I fail to understand why Apple didn't incorporate a battery management chip into these devices for this voltage/current range such chips are tiny, I am sure they could have found a place for them on the control board in these things.
--
Eat a BLT for Iran

Jewel

@wv.us
reply to hez

My ipod is doing the same thing you need to reset it and if it is doing it still you will have to buy a new turn wheel and the tools to take off the faceplate trust me don.t take it off with a screw driver! you need more info email me at jewell2314@hotmail.com!

heeey

@rogers.com
reply to hez

Just try connecting it to the computer, then it turns off, hope this helps

Vasu

@sprintlink.net
reply to hez

I just had the same problem with my ipod, resetting works like a charm. Thanks a lot

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6
reply to hez

(topic move) my ipod photo won't turn off!

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »my ipod photo won't turn off!

shieber

@12.1.48.x
reply to hez

There are at least two diff probs here. 1) Ipod is hung and won't respond to turn off signal (pressing bottom of wheel) at all. This happens sometimes when, for example, your ipod is connected to a docking device and you turn it off while pressing bottom of wheel wheel - then you immediately unplug it the ipod, which lights it up again -- sometimes it will won't then respnod to a a shut off signal by pressing bottom of wheel. This prob has been recurring on opds for years and can be fixed with a reset.

2) When you press the bottom of the wheel, the ipod turns off for about a half second or so and lights right back up again. This prob has an unknown cause and is not fixed by a reset. If you restore, the prob will be fixed UNTIL you reload you music files onto the Ipod - then the prob automatically returns. Some suspect this prob has to do with a file problem and ipod's inability to appropriately deal with the file problem.

sexy bitch

@aol.com
reply to hez

i have the same exact problem only i have a nano, and it's about a year old. It works fine, except it won't turn off unless it's through my iHome. I have no idea what to do! I don't want to reset it and loose all my songs, any suggestions?

metalhead

@pacbell.net
reply to hez

i got the complete opposite problem, my ipod turned off fully charged and i cant turn it back up. anyone know how to fix this?

noidea

@comcast.net
reply to hez

I've tried all the suggestions. It won't do anything now but show the apple icon off & on. Wont charge or anything.
HELP!!!

JDV

@arcor-ip.net
reply to hez

Oh man...I plugged my Ipod into my computer and did a reset about 15 times before it turned off and back on...but it worked. I didn't think it would.

TB897

@btcentralplus.com
reply to hez

Thanks a lot.. I had the exact same problem with a docking station.

problem_HelP

@96.14.193.x
reply to hez

my ipod nano won't turn off!

I've tried EvERY possible solution..mine will not register on my computer in i-tunes any more. So when ever i try that and give up i take my i-pod off and it wont get (do not disconnect) off it's screen. Then i get that to turn off eventually. My i-pod still works but im basically screwed because it will not Go Off so my battery just dies. Once i got it to reset after it crashed for a couple of months put the music on and lost it all when i reset it!!
grrr...i'm about to give up on it.
Anyone have advice that will work?

Keira

@shawcable.net
reply to hez

I'm currently having problems turning off my iPod Nano. I've tried resetting it (holding down Menu and the middle button), but that doesn't help. I've even tried restoring it to its factory settings. That doesn't help either. It's a first generation iPod Nano, so it's a year or two old.
Are there any other solutions?

Keira

@shawcable.net

Haha, as soon as I post this the iPod starts working again. Never mind!

Transmaster

Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit
reply to hez

Sometimes if the battery on an Ipod is overcharged it will cause this problem. Just let the thing run and it will discharge the battery enough for you to shut is down. In your efforts to shut it down the battery was ran down enough to let the CPU shut it down.
--

Governor Palin shoots her own food, Democrats be afraid, be very afraid.

twilighterr

@173.70.4.x
reply to hez

i have the same problem with my ipod..
after resetting it twice it finally shut off.
thank you