uniqs
WirelessGuy0
Premium Member
join:2004-04-24

WirelessGuy0 to Samora

Premium Member

to Samora

Re: WR850G firmware leaked

Before flashing any firmware, I would suggest making sure you are running a Motorola firmware (preferably 5.13 or 4.03) and then reset that firmware back to "Factory Defaults"... After that, do a powerdown (1 min at least) and then power the router back up, THEN you can try to upgrade to another version of the firmware...

I don't know where the posted firmware came from (appears to be an Italian web site), but from the screen shots posted it looks genuine...

DomFel
join:2004-10-29
Orlando, FL

DomFel

said by WirelessGuy0:

Before flashing any firmware, I would suggest making sure you are running a Motorola firmware (preferably 5.13 or 4.03) and then reset that firmware back to "Factory Defaults"... After that, do a powerdown (1 min at least) and then power the router back up, THEN you can try to upgrade to another version of the firmware...
Totally agree with WirelessGuy. tfpting the new firmware is pretty stupid, since this one is totally different from 4.xx and 5.xx releases, and that procedure doesn't work anymore. I guess nobody can't blame Motorola for that!
said by WirelessGuy0:

I don't know where the posted firmware came from (appears to be an Italian web site), but from the screen shots posted it looks genuine...
Hey, don't look at me, I'm NOT running that website! And yes, that firmware is the real one.

MotoUser
@207.xx.209.susc.susc

MotoUser to WirelessGuy0

Anon

to WirelessGuy0
Can you compare your beta trx file with the leaked one and see if they are an exact match? Also is 6.14 the latest beta that is currently out there?
WirelessGuy0
Premium Member

1 edit

WirelessGuy0

Premium Member

said by MotoUser :

Can you compare your beta trx file with the leaked one and see if they are an exact match? Also is 6.14 the latest beta that is currently out there?
I ran a CRC32 match between the file from the web site listed at the beginning of this thread and of the same version beta that I have and they match. And the answer to your second question is "Yes".

Yogi_12
@aliant.net

Yogi_12

Anon

reply to bjs39

I did a considerable amount of resetting.....to no avail

I came across that thread on an open wrt forum........so I tried it.

1.I set my static ip
2. went to rum...cmd....then ping 192.168.10.1......and got good response
3. still in cmd dos window...typed TFTP -i 192.168.10.1 PUT c:\temp\wr850.trx (I renamed file earlier) Note din't execute yet
4. I removed power plug from router........30 sec later I put power to it and then I immediately pressed enter to execute flash. From what I understand...you have to hit it during initial boot up of router.
5. I had to do it 3 times before it took.
6. I exited dos window....opened browser....went into web config.
I had wan port plugged to dsl modem.......port1 to computer.

again......hope this helps

bill1010
@ev1servers.net

bill1010 to WirelessGuy0

Anon

to WirelessGuy0
WirelessGuy: Would you be so kind as to post CRC32/MD5/SHA1 sums for your official firmware version, just for reference? Thanks
WirelessGuy0
Premium Member

WirelessGuy0

Premium Member

CRC32/md5 sum for the 6.14 beta: 148f5ec9029fc224891ce8233af22436