2kmaro
Think

join:2000-07-11
Oklahoma City, OK

1 recommendation

2kmaro to utahluge

to utahluge

Re: Super Glue - Heat Ok?

Keep in mind that superglue isn't a one-stop-solution. It is superb where things glued together may be pulled on later (as in lifting a man with just a drop) or gets little or no force applied to it - as putting a broken cup back together.

BUT it has little shear strength - that is, it has poor resistance to twisting forces or side-to-side forces. So if the man being lifted by the single drop had twisted from side to side, he probably would have broken the bond.

Also, it is poor in dealing with being compressed/uncompressed over and over. It was actually considered for use in bonding 'caps' on teeth at one time, but tests showed that chewing (compressing and uncompressing) caused it to fail sooner than whatever it is they really use.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

2K, that was the best Cliff Claven answer in ages.
Good job, a thumb to you!
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to 2kmaro

to 2kmaro
Good job 2k - I have found "superglue" to be about worthless in most cases. An epoxy adhesive works MUCH better.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Yep, they haven't made a good super glue since the Eastman 911.

2kmaro
Think

join:2000-07-11
Oklahoma City, OK

1 edit

2kmaro to Cho Baka

to Cho Baka
said by Cho Baka:

2K, that was the best Cliff Claven answer in ages.
Good job, a thumb to you!
Things everyone should memorize (expect Geocities popups/cookies at the site).

Example - "'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand. "

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Now I know where the term "Dork" comes from. Even funnier thinking about all the kids I called dorks.