spc
uniqs

eah
@dsl.sntc01.pacbell.n

eah to Spectral

Anon

to Spectral

Re: Trouble Bubble LLC Collegeville?

hey, quick google search and found this thread.
same story as everyone else here. got charged the 9.95 as well as another 24.99 from a company called digital age.
heres a quick copy paste of the two bogus charges.

09/21/05 DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SE
$24.99

09/21/05 TROUBLE BUBBLE LLC 215-310-9444 PA
$9.95

does anyone think they are linked?

AnonGuest
@qwest.net

AnonGuest

Anon

I have the $24.99 Digital Age charge on my card on the same day. I closed the account and am disputing the charge. Has anyone else run into this charge? Other than this thread, I'm not getting any hits for information.
schrempf
join:2001-01-09
West Chester, PA

schrempf

Similar story here. Haven't used card in awhile except recently for an Amazon purchase.

$9.95 charge to JM BUSINESS PRODUCTS on 9/18/05 (posted 9/20/05)
$24.99 charge to Digital Age on 9/19/05 (posted 9/21/05)

Cancelled card and reported the fraud. I know that the charges weren't made by me since I hardly ever use the card.

FraudVictim
@michav01.md.comcast.

FraudVictim to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest

I rec'd charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on 9/23

A charge of $24.99 appeared on my Capital One account as of 9/23 with an incomplete 888 number and a Cyprus location. When I called Capital One, they said they would only treat it as a disputed charge. They then told me I couldn't talk to anyone until tomorrow morning. When I told them that this isn't a disputed charge but raud, they said that it didn't matter, this is how they handle such matters. Unbelievable!
FraudVictim

FraudVictim to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest
A charge of $24.99 appeared on my Capital One account as of 9/23 with an incomplete 888 number and a Cyprus location. When I called Capital One, they said they would only treat it as a disputed charge. They then told me I couldn't talk to anyone until tomorrow morning. When I told them that this isn't a disputed charge but fraud, they said that it didn't matter, this is how they handle such matters. Unbelievable!
sproket90
join:2004-09-16
Dayton, OH

sproket90 to FraudVictim

to FraudVictim

Re: I rec'd charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on

i have the same charge this month and also one from KC SOFTWARECOM LLC for 9.95. i am getting a new card...

fraud vic
@7acres01.ar.comcast.

fraud vic to FraudVictim

Anon

to FraudVictim

Re: I rec'd charge from Digital Age for $24.99 on 9/23

had the same 24.99 charge here in Little Rock. had to call my bank on the 26th

uniteduser
@comcast.net

uniteduser

Anon

I got the same changes ....

from Digital Age 888-529-98 and ART MAGIC INC.COM

funny thing is that my CC is hesitant to issue a new CC to me, instead they are issuing credits for the charges and asked me to wait until there were more charges. they claim that these might just be legitimate merchants who mistakenly charged my CC. yeah right

Dan Bran
@covad.net

Dan Bran to FraudVictim

Anon

to FraudVictim

I also got a charge on my Visa card through Mission Federal Credit Union. They are canceling and re-issue a new card, but I have to go in to a branch to fill out paperwork to claim the fraud. (I guess they figure if the dollar amount isn't very high a customer won't bother spending two hours in the middle of a work day to fill out paperwork - then they don't have to pay the 24.99)

My Details
9/19/05 Purchase Credit Card DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SE Date 09/16/05

You would think the incomplete phone number would be a dead giveaway - I guess someone figured out a loophole that allows them to charge without a complete phone number
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD to uniteduser

MVM

to uniteduser

Re: I got the same changes ....

Click for full size
Kcssoftllc
Click for full size
AbsoluteSoft
Click for full size
Devbill
Click for full size
Artmagicinc
Click for full size
Insofttech
said by uniteduser :

from Digital Age 888-529-98 and ART MAGIC INC.COM

funny thing is that my CC is hesitant to issue a new CC to me, instead they are issuing credits for the charges and asked me to wait until there were more charges. they claim that these might just be legitimate merchants who mistakenly charged my CC. yeah right
Maybe they don't get the big picture !!
Above is just a small sample of it!!

MGD
Kip patterson
Premium Member
join:2000-10-23
Columbus, OH

Kip patterson

Premium Member

Gee, you're a piker. Only 5?

"get rarest design" produces 847 hits. The site design varies, but they all seem to be the same outfit (or maybe somebody stole their code).

I wonder what the sites do? Malware, keyboard loggers?

Thikone
@suz.com

Thikone

Anon

Re: I got the same charges ....

Same thing happened to me through my BoF debit card. File a fraud complaint and you should get your money back pretty quickly.
cligzzzman
join:2005-09-27
Mississauga, ON

cligzzzman to Dan Bran

to Dan Bran

I had the same problem on my credit card:

DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SWE US $24.99

But I never made a purchase to Sweden!

I called my Canadian Tire card, my credit company, to see what they could do and I'll let you know.

wozster
Premium Member
join:2000-10-21
Morrisville, NC

wozster to MGD

Premium Member

to MGD

Click for full size
Also see:
WWW.BURDETTINC.COM
MGD
MVM

1 recommendation

MGD

MVM

said by wozster:

Also see:
WWW.BURDETTINC.COM
Ohhh, what a surprise:

Domain name: burdettinc.com

Registrant Contact:
Burdindustr Inc
Gregory Koroll (burdindustr[AT]yahoo.com)
+1.3204512538
Fax: none
70 Laurel St
Orrtanna, 354215
EC
Name Servers:
ns1.ev1servers.net
ns2.ev1servers.net

Pinging www.burdettinc.com [66.98.207.188]:
WHOIS results for 66.98.207.188
OrgName: Everyones Internet, Inc.
OrgID: EVRY
Address: 390 Benmar
Address: Suite 200
City: Houston
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 77060

NetRange: 66.98.128.0 - 66.98.255.255
CIDR: 66.98.128.0/17
NetName: EVRY-BLK-14
NetHandle: NET-66-98-128-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.EV1.NET
NameServer: NS2.EV1.NET

MGD
MGD

1 recommendation

MGD to Kip patterson

MVM

to Kip patterson
said by Kip patterson:

Gee, you're a piker. Only 5?

"get rarest design" produces 847 hits. The site design varies, but they all seem to be the same outfit (or maybe somebody stole their code).

I wonder what the sites do? Malware, keyboard loggers?
Piker!! LOL I did say it was a "small" sample

It's hard to separate the fake ones in searches because they copy so much, that they can then hide in the forest!!.
It does appear that most are written by people whose native language is not English.

Many are set up as front operations to get a merchant online billing account for credit card fraud. They are not really selling any "templates", all the ones that I listed have invalid security certificates. It is now a huge industry scamming millions of dollars. Every criminal and their brother are doing it. For less than $100 they can register a domain, get web hosting and a merchant account. At the current rate of credit card data thefts, there must be ~70 mil. accounts out there. I am sure the going rate for the data has dropped considerably.

They can have access to the funds within 48hrs. of submitting the charge. The odds of getting busted are between slim and none. Do a search on devbill, reports of credit card fraud from them are well over a year old. As multiple reports of the scam become puplic, they just roll the site over, and another one comes up. Here is a web archive of the now defunct usoftwebsys.com one of last years widely reported template scams, same layout, same wording as the current crop: »web.archive.org/web/2004 ··· sys.com/
You can assume that many thousands of individuals are getting billed on each of those names.

Kubus just asked above about Pluto, I guess from the Digital Age Cyprus connection. No law enforcement action has been reported yet from that story months ago, which was motivated by BBR posters: »www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7150531

The other noteworthy scam with connections to Cyprus was PharmacyCards.com: »www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4534338/ Even when the authorities became aware of it, all they were able to do is take civil action to freeze whatever funds were left in the US, as the criminals were in the UK:
»www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5077470/

MGD

ewjl
@comcast.net

ewjl to sproket90

Anon

to sproket90

My Citibank MasterCard showed a $24.99 charge DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 CYPRUS SWE on 09/24/05
carmen99
join:2005-09-28
Minneapolis, MN

carmen99

I too logged on to WellsFargo online this morning and saw a Digital Age charge of 24.99. Quickly called WellsFargo (at the same time Googled and found this link.)

They will "Investigate" and if they can retrieve the money will credit my account. I said, this is a fraud, I doubt if you will retrieve the money.

Update later.
MGD
MVM

MGD

MVM

said by carmen99:

..They will "Investigate" and if they can retrieve the money will credit my account. I said, this is a fraud, I doubt if you will retrieve the money.

Update later.
Woohaa, who ever you spoke with is not fully versed in the law yet!!. There is no "IF", you dispute the charge and they investigate. When the fraud is confirmed the charge must be removed regardless of whether they can get the money back or not. In the interim you are not required to pay the disputed amount, and no interest or penalties can accrue. Just remember to preserve your rights, you must follow up and notify them in writing.

MGD

TheOtherRay
Comfortably Numb
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Denver, CO
Netgear CM1000
Asus RT-AC88

1 edit

TheOtherRay

MVM,

said by MGD:
Woohaa, who ever you spoke with is not fully versed in the law yet!!.
It depends. If the charge was on a bank issued debit card, there might not be fraud protection. Many banks do offer fraud protection for debit cards, but it is not legal requirement to do so. VISA is offering fraud protection for their labelled debit cards, but I'm not up on the process to dispute a charge on a debit card - it may not be the same process as it is for credit cards, and there may be more hoops to jump through.

Staci
@dhcp.mrqt.mi.charter

Staci to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest

DIGITAl AGE 24.99 charge

i've gotten the digital age 24.99 charge as well! i called my bank about it and they said it was some sort of a computer company or something and that they couldn't get the phone number of this business, but will refund my money i guess... it's very weird that many people have run into this mystery charge. places i have ordered from recently using this card include: newegg.com & c-stuff.com, blockbuster.com, & napster.com. i have also used paypal to pay for an item on ebay.i've also paid for items online for my college (michigan tech, houghton, mi) does anyone else have any one of these things in common w/ me?
MGD
MVM

1 edit

MGD to uniteduser

MVM

to uniteduser

said by uniteduser :

from Digital Age 888-529-98 and ART MAGIC INC.COM ............
In reviewing the ARTMAGICINC.COM registration, it looks like we need to add dewhosting.com to the Devbill group, as it is providing the dns for artmagic, all are hosted by EVI:

Domain name: ARTMAGICINC.COM
IP 207.44.159.159
Registrant Contact:
ART Inc.
Brian Brown (artmacenterprises[]yahoo.com)
+1.6156589297
17 Morgan Center Rd.
Mount Vernon, 718288
AQ

Name Servers:
ns1.dewhosting.com 207.44.158.20
ns2.dewhosting.com 207.44.158.20

Domain name: dewhosting.com
IP 207.44.158.20
Registrant Contact:
DEVHOST, INC
Alexey Korney (alexkorney[]yahoo.com)
+1.4136413191
812 Beverly St
New Orlean, 17728
AG
Name Servers:
ns1.ev1servers.net
ns2.ev1servers.net

Dewhosting has yet to set up a website: »www.dewhosting.com/manual/howto/

Also, when you go to the main »www.devbill.com it lists as web-logo-templates.com and directs you to them in the contacts. The web-logo registrant address and the devbill.com registrant address are both Mailnetwork.com »www.mailnetwork.com mail forwarding address drops.

Domain name: web-logo-templates.com
IP 66.98.206.27
Registrant Contact:
-
John Leister (weblogotemplates[]yahoo.com)
+1.2679607667
Fax: -
1424 W Price Road ----> See »www.mailnetwork.com/cgi- ··· rmlogin=
Brownsville, TX 78520
US

Domain name: devbill.com
IP 66.98.206.27

Registrant Contact:
Developer Billing Company
Ivan Maximov (ivanmaxximov[]yahoo.com)
(509) 352-7566
666 FIFTH AVE -----> See »www.mailnetwork.com/cgi- ··· rmlogin=
NEW YORK, 10103

MGD
Edit= fixed link

SHuddleston to AnonGuest

Anon

to AnonGuest

I have the same charge posted to my Bank of America Credit Card, DIGITAL AGE 888-529-98 on 9/25/2005 posting on 9/26/2005. I tried to deal with it but the bank's systems are currently down. I cancelled my card and will go from there.

ffequals66
@sprint-hsd.net

ffequals66

Anon

Forums rock! My CitiBank Visa was hit by JM Business Products in Calgary, Canada for $9.95 on 9/6/05. This card is not registered with PayPal (my Discover is), but I use it on Amazon and many other online stores, large and small.

Time to call CitiBank and see what they'll do about it. And maybe I should us my Discover more, which is very proactive about denying charges that don't fit my usage pattern.

Thanks again for allowing quick info sharing via anon posting.

fanmanusa
@clintn01.ct.comcast.

fanmanusa to MGD

Anon

to MGD

Hmmm... besides the digital age charge, there was a charge on my card for $7.95 to Hostitnow, Inc., of Staten Island, NY... a charge made at a time when I was miles deep in the woods on a backpacking trip. The bank gave me a phone #... which is nothing but an answering machine. Needless to say, I disputed that one, too.

I also found this:
quote:
One of the most widely publicised cases of credit card fraud occurred in the US, where a group of web-based companies made small, recurrent charges to hundreds of thousands of credit cards.
Although this fraud does have an e-commerce connection, experts don&'t believe the crooks obtained the card details on the Internet, but instead think they used software programs to generate valid credit card numbers out of thin air.
Since each charge only involved a small amount of money (US$20), banks processing the transactions didn't subject them to the full authorisation check that would have highlighted the fact that card numbers had been software-generated.
twhiting9275
join:2002-08-30
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275 to TheOtherRay

to TheOtherRay

I got hit by the same company. Thank god for google, been trying to get these guys looked up.
The charge appeared for $24.99, thankfully that charge went through to my paypal card, which never has any $$$ on it.

Anyone able to pull anything more for information, I'll gladly pass that on to paypal. Will file a fraud transaction with them now, as well.

I've never heard of these guys, not sure what the problme is, but I definitely didn't authorise a $24.99 charge from 'em.

-=T=-

angrygirl
@143.xx.98.Dial1.Chic

angrygirl to Thikone

Anon

to Thikone

Re: I got the same charges ....

geez-I just got that digigial age 24.99 on my cap one visa/ had to talk to 3 people/ I told them does anyone there read the internet. Yes, I want it reported as fraud--and closed my acct---I told the rep widespread/ wake up out there---thankfully google got me here before my blood pressure shot up another 20 points.

MrCook
@agisc.com

MrCook to eah

Anon

to eah

This is a scam, period. I received two charges on my debit card, 2 days apart, from Digital Age and HostItNow. Apparently the scammers keep changing their company names.
joe_mama
join:2005-10-04
Daytona Beach, FL

joe_mama

I too, was hit with two fraudulent charges. I did a google search on both charges and found this forum for one of them. The charges were originated on Sept 20, 2005 and posted on the 21st and 22nd of September. I did not make either of these charges.

PURCHASE GLOBAL-ONLINE.BIZ 09/20 $15.00 09/21/2005

PURCHASE DIGITAL AGE 888-52 09/20 $24.99 09/22/2005

I called my bank to find out more information about these companies to determine if it could have been something that I just forgot about. After googling and getting a bit more information, I went to the bank and withdrew $200.00 cash from the ATM because I knew I was going to have to cancel the card and dispute the charges. Since it would be a week or more before I received my new card or the dispute form, I withdrew some money incase I needed it, since I would be without an ATM card. I have never purchased from amazon.com, but have purchased from newegg. I use paypal and my account was linked, however I believe the scammers had compromised the VISA system somehow. Pehaps since I have had three or four cards with the same bank (I have had to have my cards replaced before a few times when they were stolen) and all had the same number except for the last two digits, sometimes I have had the same except for the last four digits, maybe the scammers generated the numbers themselves.???? Who knows? I went to the website www.global-online.biz and it looks like a scam to me. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

aspensulphate
@71.etczone.co

aspensulphate to FraudVictim

Anon

to FraudVictim

Re: I rec'd phony charges...

Me too... $9.95 from AZ BUSINESS PRODUCTS, Calgary, CA on 8/13/05 and on a different card: $9.95 from ART MAGIC INC.COM, Victoria, CD on 9/6/05.

I called both card companies and disputed the charges. The first one I called, I mentioned that I believed that this was part of a large scam, and some of the stuff I've read here and elsewhere on the internet. The guy didn't seem too interested. Sounded like he just wanted to get to the next call. The second card company, the lady kept trying to get me to remember whether I authorized the charge or not. Didn't even bother to broach the scam aspect with her.

This stinks. And it's kind of scary.