uniqs
ssssteve
join:2000-11-10
Brooklyn, NY

ssssteve to rcilink

to rcilink

Re: [PAP2] Unlocking Guide

Thanks a bunch rclink and matt.
I just unlocked mine and it worked perfectly.

pap2
@rr.com

pap2

Anon

i can't get it to work. is there a thread can hold my hand, step by step unlocking it? please help!
Sjors1
join:2005-10-08
Netherlands

Sjors1

Hey there,

i'm from the Netherlands and would really like to get my hands on one of these devices. Could anyone of you perhaps get me one (with rebate of course) and ship it to me?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by Sjors1:

Hey there,

i'm from the Netherlands and would really like to get my hands on one of these devices. Could anyone of you perhaps get me one (with rebate of course) and ship it to me?
It is going to cost you $$$$ for s/h charges. Besides, you can consider the rebates won't work for you if your address is outside the US...
davco
join:2005-04-11

davco

Today is the last day of this sale. I doubt you will find any PAP2 as I have searched and cannot find any for many miles of my home. BestBuy might be an alternative at about $28 after their rebate.
IllDie_tryin
join:2006-02-14
Schenectady, NY

IllDie_tryin to pap2

to pap2
people for god sake ... i got my encrypted xml file .. but i can not decrypt it .. how can i do so .. i got the unlock flash .bin file .. wich will unlock it for ever beside an ftp server on my network to change the xml file to use it .. but the problem now is in decrypting the xml file so i can edit it .. and reset the admin password to 1234 .. as i said i dont know also how to get my GPP_k Value or any other Value .. i think i went too far untill now .. just a little bit help .. will be so great from you guys ..i promise to post the steps with the files needed to unlock your pap2 .. my firmwar is 3.1.9SLc ... any help ????????

Ill_dietryin
@213.186.x.x

Ill_dietryin

Anon

Why you always ..gives us short solution .. i really dont know... you explain so fine guys but .. then you mention something then you dont explain it .. just like .. decrypt your xml file using gpp_k ... but you never know that alot of us dont know what is the gpp_k or how to get it or how to decrypt the xml file ... i got 80% of this unlocking trial ... igot the flash .. the encrypted xml file ... User web access and ftp server registered with dns server .. put and get tool to ftp sever .. ..so what i need now .. if you kindly tell us a little bit about decrypting the xml file and gpp_k file ... cos we cant ugrade the unlocking flash .bin file unless we have the admin password ... so its all bind to gather .. dose any one agree with me ... i know guys that you did and still giving a great help and amazing work out here .. but a little bit misery or something???? F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 undo undo undo

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

2 edits

Brano

MVM

All the information you're crying for is in this thread, just take the time to read it from the first post.
However, to make it simple for you: Currently only firmwares up to version 3.1.6 can be unlocked with the methods described here. If you have newer version you're out of luck.

Tou
@wideopenwest.com

Tou

Anon

is anyone getting busy signals with voipbuster? i think i talk to much, they kicked me off their service... everything was working fine until this weekend, when it started... anyone have the same problems? can i do anything about it?
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by Tou :

is anyone getting busy signals with voipbuster? i think i talk to much, they kicked me off their service... everything was working fine until this weekend, when it started... anyone have the same problems? can i do anything about it?
It's working fine here. Do you have any credit left (they started charging for calls to the US last month)?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to Ill_dietryin

Premium Member

to Ill_dietryin
said by Ill_dietryin :

Why you always ..gives us short solution .. i really dont know... you explain so fine guys but .. then you mention something then you dont explain it .. just like .. decrypt your xml file using gpp_k ... but you never know that alot of us dont know what is the gpp_k or how to get it or how to decrypt the xml file ...
Please don't complain until you finish reading posts in this thread from top to here. The GPP_K values are well mentioned in some of the posts in the thread. Do you home work to read the posts. Until then, please don't even bother trying to unlock your PAP2 mainly because you will be wasting your time and efforts, let alone being laughed by Vonage. The worst part for not reading the posts is you may get your PAP2 re-locked by Vonage even though once you have it unlocked.

Tou
@wideopenwest.com

Tou to RonR

Anon

to RonR
RonR,

your voipbuster is still up? i wonder why mine is down... i still have a remaining balance of 4.33... i can log in fine through their web, but i get a busy signal when i try to call out...

i did notice they took out US from their list... they probably have it set where i must have a minimum balance to operate?
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by Tou :

RonR,

your voipbuster is still up? i wonder why mine is down... i still have a remaining balance of 4.33... i can log in fine through their web, but i get a busy signal when i try to call out...

i did notice they took out US from their list... they probably have it set where i must have a minimum balance to operate?
Mine is still alive and calls go through. I'm down to 2.74 Euro's. I'm assuming it will work until it goes to zero. At that point, I intend to go with Vbuzzer or Gizmo Project for my next $10.00 worth of PAYG service (I have them both working on a trial basis at the moment). VoIP Buster is pretty flakey, at best.
Expand your moderator at work

tou
@wideopenwest.com

tou to RonR

Anon

to RonR

Re: [PAP2] Unlocking Guide

Ron,

can i get your config for voipbuster? still can't get it to work.. they must have changed their config.
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by tou :

Ron,

can i get your config for voipbuster? still can't get it to work.. they must have changed their config.
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes

SIP Port: 506x

Proxy: sip1.voipbuster.com
Outbound Proxy: -blank-
Use Outbound Proxy: No
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: No

Register Expires: 3600
Proxy Fallback Intvl: 3600

User ID: ?????
Password: ?????

Dial Plan: 00 + country code + area code + number

tou
@wideopenwest.com

tou

Anon

thanks ron! that did it. it was the proxy that changed.

awayfmhome
@82.148.x.x

awayfmhome to ssssteve

Anon

to ssssteve
After it is unlocked, how can the PAP2 be used with SKYPE?