share rss forum feed

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to dpkform

Re: Clever - fight the copyright infringers using

said by dpkform:

Yup - guns and the US military in particular have done a great job of bringing about the compliance of the insurgency in Iraq.

Yes, I am dripping with sarcasm.
Actually, you're dripping with ignorance. The people of Iraq are not fighting against the US military, they're fighting alongside them, against a bunch of Muslim extremists from Syria and Iran. The last report I saw said they were getting around one hundred people a month crossing the border into Iraq and attacking our troops.

jsvoros

join:2005-11-02
Brenham, TX
reply to FFH5

Re: Clever - fight the copyright infringers using P2P

Ok, I understand copyright infringement is a big deal. I don't agree with people who do it and I won't do it myself. However these companies need to get a grip. exe...

a)I am allowed by LAW to make one backup copy for myself,
they are taking away this right.
b)Their are legitimate uses for peer to peer and that is
enough reason to keep it around, just like the vcr and
tape recorder, cdr and dvdr.
c)Copyright's were designed to encourage the creative
process and promote new ideas and technology. They were
Never intended to last forever (Disney - mickey mouse).
They were designed so that an artist and the company who
backed that artist could earn a living; then they expire
forcing the artist and company to come up with something
new and original. Doubt me? Read the original law!
d)If the music and mpa get these new laws passed guess
whats next...BOOKS. Yes, I said books. The publishing
Industry has been trying to do it for years. They want
To make it so you don't buy a book, you rent it. They
Want to make all books e-books that "self destruct" after
being read x amount of times. This is a classic example
of how copyright should not work. I buy a book, it's
mine to do with as I please. I can let a friend borrow it.
I can give it away. I can use it as resource material, or
quote it, or even copy small sections for 25 years. Then
it becomes public domain. All people own it, and the
rights thereto. Think if this didn't work this way. No
new books or plays would ever be written. And for that
mater a lot less movies would be made. What would have
happened to the movie industry if movies like "West-side
Story" couldn't have been made because good old Billy
Shakespeare's works were never public domain.

You laugh, that's what they are trying to do. And if you really want to get into it, most of the actors musician's and people involved in the process aren't making money off longer more strictly enforced copyright's. They don't get a percentage of the total sales (with the exception of song WRITERS, and a select few actors). The major corporations who produce these things get the money. When a song plays on the radio 90% of the time the guy singing it doesn't see a penny, the writer gets like 1/32 of a cent and the record company gets 2 and 31/32 cents. Think about it like this, when a Britney Spears song makes number one on the charts and gets played nationwide like 30 times a day she doesn't see a dime of that. If it's played on 1000 radio stations 30 times a day the record company makes $890.625 and the writer makes a whopping $9.375. All the companies really want to do is be able to make that money forever at the cost of innovation.

miss beehive 1963

@cable.ubr12.edin.blu
reply to AnonBlong

Re: Clever - fight the copyright infringers using

fair point i do agree with most of your argument here, however strongly need to inform you that the rest of the world ACTUALY DOES NOT WANT TO BE MORE LIKE AMERICANS!
but thats exactly the problem, thats what you all think, we are looking at you and thinking you are human beings gone wrong, do note that your country (that you ransacked) is only about 200 years old, with no real structure, or anything that resembles reserve, and you have highlighted this well in your post there.
maybe at one point following world war two, there was some kind of glitsy glamour in view of americans, but this has long since passed yet, you guys havent actually noticed it yet. your country is scary, you dont actualy have vomitariums yet, but i dare say that every eating disorder has stemmed from your country, the common view of you over here in europe, is basically obese and gun crazy, your crime rate is higher than anywhere else in the world, you are beyond superficial, and resemble mere characatures of human beings, and worst of all, its going to take more terrorism before you finally start asking why they are doing it. we all though "9/11" as you have coined it, was the wake up call, but no, you guys just released some albums and sold some mugs on behalf and asked "why in gods name? etc. ITS BECAUSE.....THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER GODS AND OTHER INTERESTS, THAT OCCAISIONALLY WANT TO BITE BACK AT YOU GUYS STAMPING ALL OVER THE REST OF THE WORLD, WITH YOUR GREED DRIVEN EVILS AND MODERN SLAVERY.

i can safely speak on behalf of the majority of britons, is that wwe ridicule and despise you, and to be honest a lot of us clapped with excitement on septtember the eleventh 2002, we were only dissapointed to realised it was just another coon that did it, we'd have been most impressed if some intelligent person in your own country did it.

however, we do feel that you are on the demie now, and are on the verge of eating yourselves.
your bodies and country are beyond saturation point.

i am sure some of you realise this.

but yeah, things should be paid for etc, forgive me for not using words like "dang" and "yee hah" etc. some things are best read without an accent attatched, then again you wouldnt know that.

BringIt

@cox.net
reply to AnonBlong
Seriously dude... American Freedom is a veil. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, you are clearly in denial. Learn to spell loser.