spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MrOzi
join:2005-10-10
Kensington, MD

MrOzi

[Speed] Horrible Service.

I have been a member for comcast for about five years now, at least the house I live in, not me.

I been living here for about a year so I been using comcast for that long.

For the past three months, whenever it rains my internet is down, and it is very annoying as I do projects for highschool. i am so happy it didn't happen to me when I was about to start, although comcast went down when I was doing a project about a guy and i already opened the website and i never closed it.

Also, I usually play Battlefield 2 (A game) online during the weekends and during late at night during the week. I get around 4 mbits/s during the day, however at night after 8oclock i get 600kb/s, so I get huge lagg from this and my speed goes down very bad.

I contacted comcast support about this still no response.

Their speed is horrible and their consistency is bad.
My internet is down almost everyday it rains, 90% of the time even if it is a slight rain. It is starting to get to me and I might switch to Verizon Fios.

What do you guys think ? Anyone else have the same problem ?

EnasYorl
Thieves World
join:2001-12-02
West

1 edit

EnasYorl

do a netstat -b in a dos window while connected to BF2 server look for bf2.exe or whatever the program name is and the IP address that says connected.

tracert ipaddress so forum can see the trace to server.

Jovi
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Mount Joy, PA

Jovi to MrOzi

Premium Member

to MrOzi
You have Fios in your area? All I can say is DUDE!
Artec
join:2003-02-23
Middletown, NJ

Artec

You also might want to have a tech come to your house to check the fitting at the tap and check the drop to your house and the line that runs to your modem. It sounds to me (as a ex comcast tech) that the water is casueing the issue in a fitting some place.
KelleyFamily
join:2005-10-20
76010-8523

KelleyFamily to MrOzi

to MrOzi
I have had similar problems with the rain, and any wind gusts, shutting my internet off for various durations, usually for over 12 hours, and one time it was down for 2 and a half days. The last tech, at my request, went up onto the utility pole, and tightened the connection, and the next time it rained, I was pleased to see that my connection was not broken. But, then, I started having the shut off of my connection for 12 or more hours ( without any bad weather) a situation that has also been happening for several months now. The techs keep telling me I have signal problems, usually due they say to things happening downline, like the adding of more customers, and apparently, they have trouble balancing out the signal strength. It is very frustrating to say the least, and I am thinking of trying SBC Yahoo, because I am tired of having so much loss of service to the internet. I thought I was supposed to have an always on connection!!!!
BarneyBadAss
Badasses Fight For Freedom
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07

BarneyBadAss to MrOzi

Premium Member

to MrOzi
said by MrOzi:

For the past three months, whenever it rains my internet is down, and it is very annoying as I do projects for highschool.
I contacted comcast support about this still no response.
said by KelleyFamily:

I have had similar problems with the rain, and any wind gusts, shutting my internet off for various durations, usually for over 12 hours, and one time it was down for 2 and a half days. The last tech, at my request, went up onto the utility pole, and tightened the connection, and the next time it rained, I was pleased to see that my connection was not broken. But, then, I started having the shut off of my connection for 12 or more hours ( without any bad weather) a situation that has also been happening for several months now.
Hey yous guys... I had similar issues for about 6 months. I kept suggesting that I had water in the coax from the ground up, but the tech's woudn't listen.

Finally I got a nice young guy out here and I persuaded him to cut the end of my connector off at the outside junction. Then, when he tried to put a new one on, all he got was powder since the coax had litterally rotted away.

Once Comcast came out and installed completely new cable from the point it let thier connection to inside my house, everything has worked (for the most part) very well.

good luck
and YMMV

eatnaders
join:2005-04-07
San Jose, CA

eatnaders to MrOzi

to MrOzi
Do you live in a really old house? It's very possible you have very crappy levels. What are your modem levels?

Nerdtalker
Working Hard, Or Hardly Working?
MVM
join:2003-02-18
San Jose, CA

Nerdtalker to MrOzi

MVM

to MrOzi
said by MrOzi:

whenever it rains my internet is down,
Obviously, water is getting into your line somewhere. You should inspect it for visible wear/tear (eg shielding coming off, splitters exposed to the elements, e.t.c.).

What are your signal levels? »192.168.100.1 should give them to you depending on your modem.