blacksheep9
Aka Satguy
join:2005-09-13
Georgetown, CA

1 edit

blacksheep9 to wxwest

to wxwest

Re: Weather At Wild Blue NOCs?

I was under the impression that the cities identified in the earlier messages in this thread were the actual uplink locations. If someone can identify more specifically where those uplinks actually are, I can make those changes.

My mistake, I misinterpreted which map you used for the gateway locations. Everything looks great, a very nice tool for all.:D

jlester
join:2005-02-07
N. Calif.

jlester

wxwest- Nice!
I think the close radar may be better but either way is great!
wxwest
join:2003-05-22
Loyalton, CA

1 edit

wxwest to jlester

to jlester
Thanks for the compliments! I put the page together rather quickly, just to see if it was close to what everyone was looking for.

I'll spend some time tweaking it so it meets everyone's needs better. I'll add the close radar as well as a description of what is depicted. Perhaps the link that Rfsjr2 suggested, »www.wunderground.com/rad ··· help.asp should be added so the image maps are more meaningful.

Googled
Yay, I have FIOS
join:2001-08-13
Orchard Park, NY

Googled to jlester

to jlester

Weather At Syracuse NOC

There is a detailed weather map for Syracuse at:
»cctvimedia.clearchannel. ··· -res.jpg
(Linked to from »www.9wsyr.com/weather/De ··· ult.aspx)

A superpages.com search revealed a WildBlue Communications located at:
3182 Vickery Rd, Syracuse, NY 13212
This Google map of the address looks to be about the same scale as the doppler map. Assuming that I have the right address, the gateway is just above the 'c' in Syracuse on the detailed doppler map.
Googled

Googled to jlester

to jlester

Weather At Cheynne, WY Gateway

There is a more detailed doppler radar for Cheyenne at:
»www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/l ··· ys.shtml
The NOC appears to be situated just to the left of the 'C' in Cheyenne
460 Progress Circle, Cheyenne, WY 82007
Googled

Googled to jlester

to jlester

Weather At Laredo, TX

I couldn't find a very good doppler map for Laredo. This was the best I could find.
»www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/l ··· fx.shtml

superpages found the street address for WildBlue, but Google Maps couldn't find an exact match on the address
13611 Cabezut Drive, Laredo, TX 78045
13700 Cabezut Dr, Laredo, TX 78045

WBBeam28
@1dial.com

WBBeam28 to jlester

Anon

to jlester

Click for full size
WildBlue is down for me right now (I'm on beam 28, Syracuse Gateway) -- found this thread doing a google search for wildblue gateway locations.

Great thread, lots of good info. I now know more than the NRTC tech support guy I spoke to an hour ago -- he didn't even know what a gateway was, let alone WHERE it was! ;^)

I fired up Google Earth to see if they had hires imagery of Syracuse, and, by dingey, they do! I pasted the address given above, and got a 15cm resolution image of the gateway address -- I've attached it here.

The three dots in the center of the image are probably satellite dishes -- you can get an idea of the scale by the car on the road to the right.

WBBeam28
Mr_DNS
join:2005-09-07
Laredo, TX

Mr_DNS

said by WBBeam28 :

The three dots in the center of the image are probably satellite dishes
I rather doubt it...they most likely are on South side of the building...and most likely, painted white.
Expand your moderator at work
Mike_27
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Gardiner, MT

Mike_27 to WBBeam28

Premium Member

to WBBeam28

the three dots are trees ....
matott1
join:2002-04-23
Poplar Bluff, MO

matott1 to WBBeam28

to WBBeam28
said by WBBeam28 :

I fired up Google Earth to see if they had hires imagery of Syracuse, and, by dingey, they do! I pasted the address given above, and got a 15cm resolution image of the gateway address -- I've attached it here.

The three dots in the center of the image are probably satellite dishes -- you can get an idea of the scale by the car on the road to the right.
The Google Earth images of the Syracuse area are about 3 years old. I am originally from Syracuse and have family there. I have a brother that lives a couple of blocks north of this site. I have just talked to him recently and he told me that 2 large satellite dishes have gone up sometime in the last 12 months. It wasn't exactly clear but I think he said a building went up with them. The way he sounded, this all went up in the open area shown in the image. I'll have to ckeck it out when I go back up there in July.
allencolella
join:2006-02-10
Syracuse, NY

allencolella

I live near that site and those images are old and were taken before the site was installed. There are now dishes and a building at that site.
berrywr
join:2004-12-11
Opelika, AL

berrywr to jlester

to jlester
The following are National Weather Service and Academic Research satellite links with descriptors:

1) SSEC - Visible: »www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/e ··· tvis.jpg

2) SSEC - Infrared: »www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/e ··· stir.jpg

3) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - Colorado: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· Colorado

4) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - California: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· lifornia

5) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - Winnepeg, Manitoba: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· Manitoba

6) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - Wyoming: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· ?Wyoming

7) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - New York: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· New_York

8) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - Laredo, Texas: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· ?W_Texas

9) College of Dupage Weather - Visible - Maryland: »weather.cod.edu/analysis ··· irginias

For observations from each of these locations go to the NWS Main Page at: »www.weather.gov/ - Click any part of the map and it will direct you to that area's nearest NWS forecast office and it's links.

For those of you familiar with IWIN - the site is due to be discontinued in place of the link I just mentioned.

Bill Berry
Opelika, AL

krll
@12.213.x.x

krll

Anon

John,

Thanks for the NOC's link. Excellent work.

Ron

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium Member
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

hdman to berrywr

Premium Member

to berrywr
Wow Bill...very nice!!

That is nice! Thank you!

HDMan

W4DRA
D a v e
join:2003-06-02
Dunnellon, FL

W4DRA to Googled

to Googled

Re: Weather At Cheynne, WY Gateway

Via Microsoft Live, but there images aren't up to date.
Wildblue
460 Progress Circle, Cheyenne, WY 82007
»local.live.com/?v=2&sp=a ··· %2082007

And via Google.

»maps.google.com/maps?q=4 ··· 5144&t=k
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300 to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester

Here is a gateway and beam map for Anik-F2 modified from a map I obtained from Telesat that includes the Canadian beams and apparently shows beam 29 correctly.

Anik-F2 Gateway & Beam Map

Gateway & Beam Map for Wildblue-1
Spice300

Spice300 to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester
Updated list of Doppler radar maps for all of the gateways including the two new ones for Wildblue-1:

Cheyenne, WY

Duluth, MN

Laredo, TX

Riverside, CA

Seattle, WA

Syracuse, NY

Vancouver, Canada

Winnipeg, Canada
matott1
join:2002-04-23
Poplar Bluff, MO

matott1 to jlester

to jlester
Click for full size
Google Earth has finally updated their images of the Syracuse area. Here is an image of the Syracuse NOC.
Spice300
Premium Member

2 edits

Spice300 to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester
Since Wildblue Uncensored is no longer responding, I am posting the spot beam map for Wildblue-1 here.

Here is a Doppler radar map for the Phoenix Gateway
Spice300

Spice300 to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester

Doppler Radar Maps for Viasat-1's U.S. Gateways

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Amarillo, Texas
Anchorage, Alaska, Doppler Radar 1,200 Mile ... Anchorage Weather Map
Boise, Idaho
Bozeman, Montana
Englewood, Colorado (near intersection of I-25 & highway 470)
Ellis, Kansas`(half way between Colby & Salina along I-70)
Green River, Wyoming
Juneau, Alaska, Doppler Radar 1,200 Mile ... Juneau Weather Map
Kapolei, Honolulu, Hawaii
Lovelock, Nevada
Milford, Utah
Sanderson, Texas
Summerset, South Dakota (~10 miles north of Rapid City along I-90)
Tornillo, Texas
Tucson, Arizona

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester

Here's the Riverside NOC location: »maps.google.com/maps?q=r ··· nia&z=18
Spice300
Premium Member

Spice300 to jlester

Premium Member

to jlester
Here are some spot beam maps for the Exede-12 service provided by the satellite Viasat-1 and the Exede-5 service provided by the satellites Anik-F2 and Wildblue-1.

Anik-F2: spot beams numbered between 1 and 99
Wildblue-1: spot beams numbered between 100 and 199
Viasat-1: spot beams numbered between 300 and 399