spc
uniqs
i347i
join:2003-11-13
Bayside, NY

1 edit

i347i

Re: Wireless-B Router BEFW11S4 Constant DIsconnects

where would i disable these things, i dont run any media players at startup so that shouldnt be a problem but thanks for the heads up about it

edit
When I forward my ports I can't access my workgroup computers and that is when drops occur. (I just unforwarded my ports for a bit and I saw the differences)

ZOverLord
Premium Member
join:2003-10-20
Minneapolis, MN

ZOverLord

Premium Member

said by i347i:

where would i disable these things, i dont run any media players at startup so that shouldnt be a problem but thanks for the heads up about it

edit
When I forward my ports I can't access my workgroup computers and that is when drops occur. (I just unforwarded my ports for a bit and I saw the differences)
Not running any Media players at start-up does not mean anything. Here is a great example to prove this theory.

Go here:

»video.search.yahoo.com/s ··· =g&x=wrt

Try playing these file types;

.avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mov

Each media player has config options, you need to locate them and disable muti-casting and UDP in all of them and on all computers using your network both Wired and Wireless because this router will HANG and FREEZE when a computer on your network attempts to PLAY these file types.

Media Players are invoked AUTOMATICALLY so they are not required to be started at startup in all cases, if a web page senses that you are BROADBAND that web page may attempt to launch one of these media players based on what file extensions are assigned to it.