join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to ZOverLord

Premium Member

to ZOverLord

Re: Wireless-B Router BEFW11S4 Constant DIsconnect

said by ZOverLord:
said by Tokidoki:

As good as a fix that could be, there should be no need for it Zoverlord. Really appreaciated the idea of this as it helped out for a few days before it crapped out again.
Did you try the different Media types, and did you Lock up? Because if you did it proves that it is a Media Player on one of your computers causing the problem.

Yes I agree there SHOULD be no need for doing this, but the only other solution is to buy a new router, for the moment this seems like a cheaper solution.
What router would you recommend? the WRT54G?

Moody_Blue
join:2004-01-21
Portugal

Moody_Blue

Go to linksys site at install firmware 1.52.02. I had 1.50 and the router was extremely unstable at the time. I don't remember my experience with 1.50.14, I remember that it was better than 1.50.

Also disabling DHCP and setting MTU at 768 (the same for fragmentation and RTS thresholds) kept it very stable for 3 concurrent wireless computers.

ZOverLord
Premium Member
join:2003-10-20
Minneapolis, MN

ZOverLord

Premium Member

said by Moody_Blue:

Go to linksys site at install firmware 1.52.02. I had 1.50 and the router was extremely unstable at the time. I don't remember my experience with 1.50.14, I remember that it was better than 1.50.

Also disabling DHCP and setting MTU at 768 (the same for fragmentation and RTS thresholds) kept it very stable for 3 concurrent wireless computers.
After changing the Media Players and the MTU size to 1,500 this router has been ROCK SOLID for months. With 2 wired and 3 wireless computers.
ZOverLord

ZOverLord to Tokidoki

Premium Member

to Tokidoki
said by Tokidoki:
said by ZOverLord:
said by Tokidoki:

As good as a fix that could be, there should be no need for it Zoverlord. Really appreaciated the idea of this as it helped out for a few days before it crapped out again.
Did you try the different Media types, and did you Lock up? Because if you did it proves that it is a Media Player on one of your computers causing the problem.

Yes I agree there SHOULD be no need for doing this, but the only other solution is to buy a new router, for the moment this seems like a cheaper solution.
What router would you recommend? the WRT54G?
I would recommend keeping this one, and just doing the changes, unless you need more speed as in 802.11g