Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20 to MorWired

Premium Member

to MorWired

Re: New Way To View Pictures

This browser has that feature. I have never looked at it before or used it. Why would I want to? I don't want to have to go all the way up to the top of my browser to the back button. I want to right click on the part of the page I am presently on and choose "back" from the right click menu. That should take me back to the thread instead it takes me back to the previous photo. This is a bad idea. It is like so many changes here recently. It creates extra work for the user. It doesn't make anything better.

If the "topic" button worked in Fx and didn't take me to a "forum doesn't exist page" in IE then that would be a good solution and I would be happy. I haven't tried any other threads with multiple photos yet so maybe the "topic" button works on other threads? Maybe it just doesn't on this example thread? Or, maybe in Fx it won't ever work if you use TBE or another tabbed browsing extension?

Also, I frequently use mouse gesture for back. How can I do that now? It won't work. Bummer.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

By Fx do you mean firefox?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Yes. (Fx is the official abbreviation according to MoFo).

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

Well I tested it in 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 logged in and not and the topic link works with each of them.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Hmmm. Clicking on "topic" works for me on Safari, Firefox (both PC and Mac), and IE and Opera on PC. there must be something wrong with your system.

Although, I did notice that it doesn't work if you're not logged in. Not sure if that's intentional or not.