spc
uniqs

nathancrom
@cpe.net.cable.rogers

nathancrom to Bender_2k

Anon

to Bender_2k

Re: Does Rogers enforce bandwidth cap?

when i first got rogers extreme i was told there was no limit..... so they better not charge me anything
KyeU
join:2003-12-31
Canada

KyeU

said by nathancrom :

when i first got rogers extreme i was told there was no limit..... so they better not charge me anything
False Advertisement? Breaking the Consumer Protection Rights.

»lookup.bbb.org/
quote:
The Better Business Bureau is a system of over 120 independent, local BBBs working with businesses and consumers to resolve complaints and keep the public informed.

mordin
42 inches of 1080p
Premium Member
join:2005-05-28
Moncton, NB

mordin to nathancrom

Premium Member

to nathancrom
said by nathancrom :

Better read your agreement with them.... They can change the service anytime & anyway they want and your only recourse if you don't like it is to cancel.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

There certainly was a limit just defined by Rogers as "to not impact the use of the service by others" and "not cause an excessive load on the system".

Now in addition to those limits which still exist, there's also the "Hard limit" which they aren't enforcing.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to nathancrom

Premium Member

to nathancrom
well far as I know like most terms of survive stuff rogers said at the bottom we can change anything we like. Also good luck taking them to court and trying to win. That will cost you a good bit.

Also I download and upload allot and I've yet to get near the cap.

nonamerogerscom
@cpe.net.cable.rogers

nonamerogerscom to mordin

Anon

to mordin
However, the issue of false advertisement still remains.

If you have a cap of 60G per month, what the hell remains "unlimited" to call their service "unlimited". I would have no problem if the service would be called 60G HighSpeed Internet. I do have a problem if the service is called "Unlimited" HighSpeed Internet.
nonamerogerscom

nonamerogerscom to TOPDAWG

Anon

to TOPDAWG
Actually taking Rogers to court should not cost you that much. Since the value of your claim will likely be bellow $10,000 dollars, you can sue them in the Small Claims Court. For that, you do not need the services of a lawyer, you can do it yourself. Or you can hire a paralegal to do it for you.

At the end of the day, if you win, you will be able to recoup part of your costs. If they win, you will have to pay them costs. Small Claim costs are not that terrible, they are around $300-400 dollars.

So, as you see, not that terrible.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

$300 to $400 to recoup how much ? A couple hundred?