im_chandave
Premium Member
join:2005-07-28
Cleveland, OH

im_chandave to trevi55

Premium Member

to trevi55

Re: [PAP2] New useful utility for UNLOCKED PAP2's

A bit difficult to do with just 1 MB of flash and 2MB of RAM. But still, there might be some takers...

See ya...

d.c.
Expand your moderator at work
piii3
join:2006-03-09
Durham, NC

piii3 to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial

Can the saved configuration files be applied back to a unlocked PAP2 with this utility? I'd like the save&load functions for configuration files but I can't find it in my FW 3.1.3(LS)
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

Assuming you haven't wiped out all of the Vonage settings from the adapter...

1) Go to the PROVISIONING TAB (admin login, advanced mode)
2) In Profile Rule C, change the text
[--key $K] tftp://ls.tftp.vonage.net:$P/$D/spaMMMMMMMMMMMM.xml
to:
tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:69/spaMMMMMMMMMMMM.xml

Where MMMMMMMMMMMM is the MAC address of your PAP2
And xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx w/ the IP address of a PC on your local network running a TFTP server

3) Place a copy of your PLAIN TEXT xml file config file (named as spaMMMMMMMMMMMM.xml) in your TFTP server's TFTP root

4) Power cycle or reboot your adapter. It should load the new XML file.

If in step #4 above it doesn't load the PLAIN TEXT xml file, put the "[--key $K]" back into Profile Rule C and re-encrypt your modified file using the GPP_K value stored in your adapter.

Rizzo

Sukru Bey
join:2005-09-17
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
Guys,

I need help with this cool stuff to play with.

I installed a .NET Frame program; but when I double click on "Setup," ikon for VuckFonage, it still says "This setup requires .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again....."

Where am I mistaken? I think, I have .NET Framework SDK v1.1. Is this the wrong version to use for VuckFonage?

One more question: I don't really understand how knowing admin PW for my locked PAP2 will help me unlock it? After PAP2 provisioned by Vonage, web access is disabled. You might think that you can enable the web access using IVR; but the admin PW in locked PAP2 is only letters. How can I enable web access using IVR? If I can't, simply my locked PAP2 is locked forever, unless I do factory reset using known user PW from the xml file.

So, I don't really understand how knowing admin PWs will unlock my locked PAP2.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

3 edits

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

said by Sukru Bey:

Guys,
I installed a .NET Frame program; but when I double click on "Setup," ikon for VuckFonage, it still says "This setup requires .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again....."

Where am I mistaken? I think, I have .NET Framework SDK v1.1. Is this the wrong version to use for VuckFonage?
The .NET Framework v1.1 is the correct version. Are you sure you didn't install .NET Framework 2.0 (which is now the current version)?

When you get the missing .NET Framework error message box, is there a hyperlink in that box (or a URL) which takes you to the correct version of the .NET Framework?

Finally, try installing the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
said by Sukru Bey:

One more question: I don't really understand how knowing admin PW for my locked PAP2 will help me unlock it? After PAP2 provisioned by Vonage, web access is disabled. You might think that you can enable the web access using IVR; but the admin PW in locked PAP2 is only letters. How can I enable web access using IVR? If I can't, simply my locked PAP2 is locked forever, unless I do factory reset using known user PW from the xml file.

So, I don't really understand how knowing admin PWs will unlock my locked PAP2.
You can enter ALPHA, NUMERIC, and SYMBOLS in IVR mode. From the PAP2 admin guide:
quote:
1. The PHONE ADAPTER IVR uses the following conventions: By factory default there is no password and no password authentication is prompted for all the IVR settings. If administrator password is set, password authentication will be prompted for certain IVR settings. See 3.4.2 for detailed information about administrator password.
To input the password using the phone keypad, the following translation convention applies:
o To input: A, B, C, a, b, c -- press ‘2
o To input: D, E, F, d, e, f -- press ‘3
o To input: G, H, I, g, h, i -- press ‘4
o To input: J, K, L, j, k, l -- press ‘5
o To input: M, N, O, m, n, o -- press ‘6
o To input: P, Q, R, S, p, q, r, s -- press ‘7
o To input: T, U, V, t, u, v -- press ‘8
o To input: W, X, Y, Z, w, x, y, z -- press ‘9
o To input all other characters in the administrator password, press ‘0'
The IVR command for toggling the WEB SERVER on/off is: 7932. It requires a password (and it should be the ADMIN pw).

Rizzo

Mod note: Edited at Rizzo's request.

Sukru Bey
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
Thanks Rizzo,

Your link worked perfect. I now have VuckFonage; but when I use FTFP server, I always get Connection Problem Error.

I disabled firewall but still got the same error. I finaly gave it a last try to use httpconfig.vonage.net and that worked perfect.

I enjoy the tool.

Thanks...
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

What was the specific fully qualified domain name TFTP server address you were trying to use?

Sukru Bey
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey

My local SolarWinds TFTP at 192.168.1.102 .
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

1 edit

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

Why would you try to use your local TFTP server? The encrypted files are hosted on the VoIP provider's TFTP server (unless of course you downloaded a copy and hosted on your local TFTP server -- which somewhat defeats the purpose of VuckFonage).
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to piii3

Premium Member

to piii3
First, what did you mean by the saved configuration file? Did you mean the XML file or the HTML file you save from a web browser pointing to your PAP2? For the HTML file, just load it to your web browser, then click the Save Settings button on any of your PAP2 page. For the XML file, it can only be uploaded to a PAP2 through a provision. If you want to do that, please read this post.

Sukru Bey
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
Mazilo,

That's a very usefull link. I am trying to control my PAP2 from an internet access point. We'll see if I can completely figure out how I'll do that.

Great tools Rizzo. THANKS
skypeuser
join:2005-03-08
United State

skypeuser to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
rizzo2 dial,

How do you distinquish from dialing a A and a #2
D and a #3
G and a #4
J and a #5
My Admin_Passwd has a 3 and a D.
so if I press 3 is this also a D? How
do I make that PAP2 Recognize the difference?
Thanks in Advance for your help. I did look through
the Sipura 2000 manual, but I could not find the
information.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

Numbers are entered as numbers.
Letters & symbols are entered using the translation chart quoted above.
So when there's a "3" and a "D" in your password, in both instances you enter a "3."

Rizzo
skypeuser
join:2005-03-08
United State

skypeuser

Thanks! for your reply.

This has not worked at this point, but I have
a few other things to try.

nozzer
join:2004-06-25
Winchester, MA

1 edit

nozzer to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
Thanks - I now have an unlocked PAP2 with that unamed VOIP company in NJ on Line 1 and another company on Line 2.

Some of the descriptions of how to provision a file on an already unlocked PAP2 are wrong or overly complicated in some of the links though. All I had to do was delete all rules, and in rule C enter tftp://{my ip}:69/mysavedplainxml.xml. I cleaned out GPP_K for good measure too. I edited the file I pulled from the provider using this app, and enabled the web services, and made sure it didn't disable the factory reset. I also disabled provisioning and upgrade (so it doesn't get nasty new locked firmware). Then I saved it as mysavedplainxml.xml in my tftp root. Reboot the adapter, watch it pull the file, and voila. It connected to my "unnamed voip company in NJ" ok, and I could happily configure my alternative provider on Line2.

What I wouldn't mind knowing is - has anyone yet successfully used this data to get X-Lite to connect to their account? Can X-Lite be hacked to provide the appropriate SIP User Agent setting during the connection?

noz

Sukru Bey
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey

said by nozzer:

All I had to do was delete all rules, and in rule C enter tftp://{my ip}:69/mysavedplainxml.xml. I cleaned out GPP_K for good measure too. I edited the file I pulled from the provider using this app, and enabled the web services, and made sure it didn't disable the factory reset. I also disabled provisioning and upgrade (so it doesn't get nasty new locked firmware). Then I saved it as mysavedplainxml.xml in my tftp root. Reboot the adapter, watch it pull the file, and voila. It connected to my "unnamed voip company in NJ" ok, and I could happily configure my alternative provider on Line2.
Nozzer,

Thanks for the info. After spending some time, I was finally able to see that my PAP2 got the xml file that I created with a provider's information. However, even though I feed the PAP2 with my own xml file, there is not a value changed in my PAP2.

Here is my xml file
<flat-profile>
<NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_>1</NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_>
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_>1</NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_>
<SIP_Port_1_>80</SIP_Port_1_>
<Proxy_1_>vbuzzer.com:80</Proxy_1_>
<Register_Expires_1_>80</Register_Expires_1_>
<Display_Name_1_>MY-NAME</Display_Name_1_>
<User_ID_1_>MY-USER-ID</User_ID_1_>
<Password_1_>MY-PW</Password_1_>
<Dial_Plan_1_>(*xx| [3469]11|0| 00 |<:1416>[2-9]xx xxxx |<:1> xxx xxx xxxx|<:0119>0xxx xxx xxxx|<:1416273> xxxx|xx xxx xxx xxxx. |*xx*xx.)</Dial_Plan_1_>
</flat-profile>

Am I mistaken something.
Sukru Bey

Sukru Bey to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
Finaly I did it.

I can provision my PAP2 now. Thanks to all.

My xml file as lollows
<flat-profile>

<NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_ ua="na">Yes</NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_>
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_ ua="na">Yes</NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_>
<SIP_Port_1_ ua="na">80</SIP_Port_1_>
<Proxy_1_ ua="na">vbuzzer.com:80</Proxy_1_>
<Register_Expires_1_ ua="na">120</Register_Expires_1_>
<Display_Name_1_ ua="na">MY_NAME</Display_Name_1_>
<User_ID_1_ ua="na">VBUZZER_USER_ID</User_ID_1_>
<Password_1_ ua="na">VBUZZER_PW</Password_1_>

<NAT_Mapping_Enable_2_ ua="na">Yes</NAT_Mapping_Enable_2_>
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_2_ ua="na">Yes</NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_2_>
<SIP_Port_2_ ua="na">5061</SIP_Port_2_>
<Proxy_2_ ua="na">sip.voipstunt.com</Proxy_2_>
<Register_Expires_2_ ua="na">120</Register_Expires_2_>
<Display_Name_2_ ua="na">MY_NAME</Display_Name_2_>
<User_ID_2_ ua="na">VOIPSTUNT_USER_ID</User_ID_2_>
<Password_2_ ua="na">VOIPSTUNT_PW</Password_2_>

</flat-profile>

Now, what I would like to learn is decoding my xml file with my own GPP_K value. Can anybody tell me how I can decode my xml file?

I wish VuckFonage could do that. :( :( :(
Sukru Bey

Sukru Bey to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
I know this is my 3rd post on and on; but I really do enjoy playing with provisioning, and have some questions to share.

As I said above, I can now provision my and others' PAP2s. I created my own xml file.

With the xml files, I can change evey settings in the PAP2s except the dial plan. I am not able to change the dial plan.

I looked into how Fonage does that. All I see is
<Dial_Plan_1_ ua="na">S0&lt;:666&gt;</Dial_Plan_1_>
<Dial_Plan_2_ ua="na">S0&lt;:666&gt;</Dial_Plan_2_>

Is there some one who successfully loaded his or her dial plan to the PAP2 through xml files?

meister_sd
Premium Member
join:2006-01-29
La Mesa, CA

meister_sd to Sukru Bey

Premium Member

to Sukru Bey
said by Sukru Bey:

Now, what I would like to learn is decoding my xml file with my own GPP_K value. Can anybody tell me how I can decode my xml file?
First you need to create your file, then encrypt it with your own made up key:

openssl aes-256-cbc -e -in plaintext.xml -out encryptedfile.xml -k 1234abcd

The plaintext.xml is your unencrypted xml file, encryptedfile.xml is the new encrypted file to be placed on your server and 1234abcd is your own "gpp_k" key. Then to decrypt it is to change the "-e" (encrypt) to "-d" (decrypt) and the files switched:

openssl aes-256-cbc -d -in encryptedfile.xml -out plaintext.xml -k 1234abcd
floriantet
join:2006-03-04
Rochester, MI

floriantet to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial

algoritm

Do we know the algorithm that from an encrypted configuration file and the encryption key we obtain the decrypted configuration file ?
If I have the encrypted and decrypted file how do I obtain the encryption key ?
I am asking this because in a case of PAP2 with the latest firmware version connected until yesterday to Vonage and who does no longer download a firmware upgrade so it can not be unlocked that way, we have the encrypted file, we do not know the encryption key, but we know a lot of the words that should be in the decrypted file like ... and I think that must be a way to find the GPP_K from that. Of course until I know exactly the algorithm this is just a speculation. So what is the algorithm ?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

As mentioned in the post above yours the encryption algorithm is AES 256 bit, see »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad ··· Standard

If you crack that you should be nominated for Nobel price or something

Sukru Bey
Toronto, ON

Sukru Bey to meister_sd

to meister_sd

said by meister_sd:
said by Sukru Bey:

First you need to create your file, then encrypt it with your own made up key:

openssl aes-256-cbc -e -in plaintext.xml -out encryptedfile.xml -k 1234abcd
Thanks for that info. It really helped me to make encrypted files with my own GPP_K value.

I now am able to provision my all PAP2s. With encrypted and plain-text xml files, I can change every value in my PAP2 without any problem. The only thing I can't change is my dial plan. As you know the default dial plan is
(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xx xxxxS0 |1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xx xxx xxx xxxx.)

The dial plan I want the PAP2 to get is
(*xx| [3469]11|0| 00 |<:1416>[2-9]xx xxxx |<:1> xxx xxx xxxx|<:0119>0xxx xxx xxxx|<:1416273> xxxx|<:14168082222>999 ||xx xxx xxx xxxx.|*xx*xx.)

You might think that adding bellow line
<Dial-Plan_1_ ua="na">(MY-OWN-Dial-Plan)</Dial_Plan_1_>
will solve the problem; but in fact, it doesn't. Actually, when I add above line to my xml file, PAP2 does get the file but the file changes nothing. That clerly means there are some caracters PAP2 doen't read.

Does any body have any idea how we can send our own dial plans into our unit?
im_chandave
Premium Member
join:2005-07-28
Cleveland, OH

im_chandave

Premium Member

Did you try changing the less-than and greater-than symbols to their entity or numerical equivalents?

<Dial-Plan_1_ ua="na">(*xx| [3469]11|0| 00 |&#60;:1416&#62;[2-9]xx xxxx |&#60;:1&#62; xxx xxx xxxx|&#60;:0119&#62;0xxx xxx xxxx|&#60;:1416273&#62; xxxx|&#60;:14168082222&#62;999 ||xx xxx xxx xxxx.|*xx*xx.)</Dial_Plan_1_>

See ya...

d.c.
gatzdon
join:2002-10-25
Lake Zurich, IL

gatzdon to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial
I don't know if this is too much of an off the wall request, but is it possible to ask the mods to delete all the posts in this thread, keeping all relevant information in rizzo's original post.

It's a nice post to refer people to, but it's starting to become very cluttered.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by gatzdon:

I don't know if this is too much of an off the wall request, but is it possible to ask the mods to delete all the posts in this thread, keeping all relevant information in rizzo's original post.

It's a nice post to refer people to, but it's starting to become very cluttered.
I concurred with your suggestion above. I hope the mods will not mind to clean this thread that only limits to VuckFonage posts only.

Rizzo: is it possible that you make a formal request to the mods through a PM?

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

1 edit

Macy to papuser

MVM,

to papuser

How to use openssl to make myown xml file

Moderator Action
Clean-up in progress.