uniqs
david_gruenb
join:2004-01-27
Los Angeles, CA

2 edits

david_gruenb to rizzo2dial

to rizzo2dial

Re: [PAP2] New useful utility for UNLOCKED PAP2's

I think it would be useful to me and I am grateful that you have written it, but I have yet to find detailed, step by step instructions on how to use it, save these, »voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-vie ··· 639.html. Maybe I need too much handholding or I am not the target audience for this software, but when I start fooling around with code and firmware, I like to have links to everything rather than hoping I located the right file only to find out later it was the wrong one. The PAP2 unlocking guide is 55 pages for example.

I'm sure this is real easy once you know what to do and I'm just dumb or scared, but for example, where do I find the XML provision encrypted file for Vonage (ie. what is the link)? Where is the GPP_K value located? How many characters is it supposed to have?

I am assuming someone will write the Dummies Guide to VuckFonage. Until then I will lurk. Thanks again for writing this. I wish I could use it.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by david_gruenb:

... where do I find the XML provision encrypted file for Vonage (ie. what is the link)?
Look at the back of your PAP2 unit and there is a MAC #. The way Vonage composes the XML provision file is by prefixing spa to the MAC # and ending it with a .xml. Thus, the XML provision file of your PAP2 unit is spa$MAC.xml. If your PAP2 MAC # is 001234567890, then its XML provision file name is spa001234567890.xml. You can retrieve the XML provision file of your Vonage PAP2 unit from its TFTP server as follows (assuming your PAP2's MAC # is 001234567890):
tftp -i ls.tftp.vonage.net -c get spa001234567890.xml

Perhaps, you should use this VuckFonage utility to retrieve the file by just entering your PAP2 MAC #, Vonage TFTP server, etc.
Where is the GPP_K value located? How many characters is it supposed to have?
The link you provided explains this very well. AFAIC, the steps mentioned in the link are very logical, simple, and very delicate, but they don't necessarily mean easy. You may need to go back to read it again and again until you understand the process and know where to find the GPP_K values as well as its length. If you can't comprehend the process, please don't even attempt to proceed to perform such a provision mainly because you may end up rendering your PAP2 unit(s) provisioned and locked by their previous (or factory default) VoSP. BTW, if you do a search in this forum, I believe you will be able to find the Admin Guide that was at least once posted here, perhaps in one of the posts on the PAP2 Unlocking Guide thread.

Good luck.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

rizzo2dial to david_gruenb

Premium Member

to david_gruenb
said by david_gruenb:

I'm sure this is real easy once you know what to do and I'm just dumb or scared, but for example, where do I find the XML provision encrypted file for Vonage (ie. what is the link)? Where is the GPP_K value located? How many characters is it supposed to have?
Did you take a look at the documentation included w/ the program? See STEP #4 in the OP for the location of the documentation.

As for the location of the XML provision encrypted file of your VoSP, that's what this program grabs (and decrypts) once you've populated the various REQUIRED input boxes.

Rizzo

P.S. The GPP_K value is located inside your unlocked PAP2. See the "Provisioning Tab" (under "Advanced Settings").
david_gruenb
join:2004-01-27
Los Angeles, CA

david_gruenb

Thanks for the reply. I am using a unit from Staples originally designed to be used with Vonage. I unlocked it and now use Broadvoice and Callpacket.

I got your program to download a file from tftp.vonage.net port 69, but it says "decryption failed". I am using the GPP_K value from the Provisioning page and the MAC address from the Info page located inside my unlocked PAP2. I tried "Decrypt Last File Received" too. I saw something about editing the downloaded file and trying decryption again, but how? Thanks.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

3 edits

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

I'd be curious to know where you saw something about editing the ENCRYPTED FILE to attempt re-decrypting. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

At any rate, if you're using the MAC ADDRESS located within your PAP2's Info Page (i.e. the web page which appears when you go into your PAP2's web interface), and if you haven't populated a TFTP Directory (i.e. GPP_D) value, then you may have mis-typed the GPP_K key (or didn't COPY/PASTE it in its entirety).

To make sure you grab the GPP_K passphrase IN FULL, do it as follows:

1) Within your PAP2's web-interface, click the mouse inside the GPP K input box so that you have a flashing cursor inside that box
2) On your keyboard, Press and release the Home key (to bring the cursor to the beginning of the box)
3) Press and hold the Shift key
4) Press and release the End key
5) This will SELECT the entire GPP K value. (You can now let go of the SHIFT KEY)
6) Hit CTRL+C (i.e. hold down CTRL then press and release 'C') to COPY the selected value to the Windows Clipboard.
7) Go into the VuckFonage GPP_K passphrase box (so that there's a flashing cursor in that box) and hit CTRL+V (i.e. hold down CTRL then press and release 'V'). This will PASTE the copied value.

Try re-decrypting again. If it doesn't work, IM me w/ your e-mail address so we can discuss this a bit more w/ the ability to send file attachments to one another.

Rizzo
Umbyboy
join:2006-09-25

Umbyboy

I get this message: unable to resolve host when I'm using vuckvonage. Anyway know how to force a sipura 1001 firmware into my unlocked pap2?
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

1) What host are you using?
2) Have you tested the command line TFTP utility using the same host?

Try:
quote:
tftp -i host get file

where:
host is the host name you're trying to connect to
file is the name of the remote file to grab (i.e. spa[MAC].xml)

Umbyboy

Umbyboy

I tried to ping ls.tftp.vonage.net and it's working. where should I put tftp -i ls.tftp.vonage.net get spa[MAC].xml ?
I also opened port upd but I still get this message:
unable to resolve host ls.tftp.vonage.net
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

said by rizzo2dial:

2) Have you tested the command line TFTP utility using the same host?
said by Umbyboy:

where should I put tftp -i ls.tftp.vonage.net get spa[MAC].xml ?
In my original suggestion, the statement "command line TFTP utility" means that you need to type this in a COMMAND PROMPT window.
said by Umbyboy:

I also opened port upd but I still get this message:
unable to resolve host ls.tftp.vonage.net
Is "port udp" another application, or did you mean you opened the specific UDP port in your firewall?
Umbyboy

Umbyboy

Putting the command line I found an xml file in c: is it useful to let VuckVonage work?Yè I opened a specific UDP port but it's still not working!
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

said by Umbyboy:

I opened a specific UDP port but it's still not working!
I take it that means you've opened the specific UDP port (for TFTP purposes) in your firewall. If all other internet connectivity has been blocked to the program, that means DNS resolution has been block as well. According to searches on Google, DNS uses UDP port 53 (although some posts claim it can use TCP port 53 as well). Open up that port too and try again.
Umbyboy

Umbyboy

I opened both ports but when I try to Download&Decrypt I still get this message: "unable to resolve host ls.tftp.vonage.net".I disabled all firwalls
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

1 edit

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

If you're certain ALL FIREWALLS have been disabled, I guess try the following:

1) Uninstall the program
2) Uninstall the .NET Framework 1.1
3) Re-install the .NET Framework 1.1
4) Re-install the program.

If you have access to another computer, try installing it on there to see if it works ok as you're the only person who's reported this issue.
Umbyboy

Umbyboy

Tnx for the answer:)I'll try and let u know!

platty99
@rogers.com

platty99

Anon

I was gettiing the "unable to resolve.." error too.

I realized I had added info to my windows "hosts" file which was forwarding all requests for ls.tftp.vonage.net to my local server.

Once I deleted those new entries, Vuckfonage was able to download and decrypt the file without any problems.

The windows "hosts" file is located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc\hosts

Hope this helps someone.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member

rizzo2dial

Premium Member

That's good information. In Umbyboy's case, the command line TFTP and ping utilities resolved the ls.tftp... domain name, so the hosts file was not the issue. I still don't know if the issue was resolved for Umbyboy.