Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

join:2005-09-02
Brick, NJ

Hallmark Channel package?

Does anybody know what package Hallmark Channel will be in, when it launches next month in NJ? I've heard that its supposed to launch on December 1, but I couldn't find out whether it would be in expanded basic or in the digital package.

Also has anybody received or found any information in their bills or in the local newspaper? I checked this months bill but there was no news.
--
BBR Member since August 2003Previously as tvfanatic/comcastfan1

pplchamp1
Great One
Premium
join:2002-01-25
East Hartford, CT
It's on analog in Ct.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
I got an e-card regarding it... j/k..

Lol...

--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

BobMagee5

join:2002-01-30
Cherry Hill, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
In Camden County, we're getting it part time split with the Sneak Peek channel.

anoninnj

@aol.com
reply to comcastnj15
I was surprised that no one posted this info sooner as it was advertised in the Star-Ledger a few weeks back.

On December 1, Hallmark is being added to channel 115 at the digital classic level on Comcast of Monmouth, Ocean, Central NJ, NJ (Union), Plainfield, NW, Jersey City, and Meadowlands.

AZN will be on digital classic channel 108 in Monmouth, Ocean, Central NJ, NJ (Union), and Jersey City.

Zee TV will be available as a premium on ch. 666 on NJ (Union).

Other international channels being added to Monmouth, Ocean, Central NJ, NJ (Union), Plainfield, Jersey City, and the Meadowlands are Supercanal Caribe (620), TV Colombia (630), Canal Sur (628), and WAPA America (650). There are part of the Selecto service level.

Also, the west feeds of the Encores, Starz, Sundance, Flix, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and the Movie Channel are being deleted because, according to the ad, most of the material is now available to subscribers on demand.

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ

1 edit
Thanks for the information. Are you sure Hallmark Channel is going on ch. 115 b/c The Biography Channel is currently on that channel.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
Is there a Hallmark channel and a Hallmark Movie channel? If so, what are we getting?
--
Comcast NJ - Union/Verona

anoninnj

@aol.com
reply to comcastnj15
Sorry for the error. The Hallmark Channel will be on channel 137 on December 1.

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ
reply to nascar
Yeah there is a Hallmark Channel & a Hallmark Movie Channel. I'm pretty sure we're getting the main Hallmark Channel which has shows like Matlock, The Waltons etc. on it.

The only service that I know of that carries Hallmark Movie Channel is SkyAngel which is a religious satellite service.
--

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ
reply to anoninnj
said by anoninnj :

Sorry for the error. The Hallmark Channel will be on channel 137 on December 1.
No problem. Thanks for correcting that.
--

willw

join:2005-11-01
Kendall Park, NJ
So they are adding 7 digital channels on Dec 1 and how many (number) west coast movie digital channels are they removing? Does that leave any room for TNT-HD?

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
Looks like they are adding 7 channels I couldn't care less about. I know I must be in the minority with my opinion.

Why does everyone want TNT-HD so badly? NASCAR? What is so good on that channel that one needs it in HD?

What happened to us getting Boomerang! Now that's TV! I could learn a lot from that channel!

I have to wonder what research Comcast does to determine what channels to add. I have to think that what gets on is the one that greased Comcast the most.
--

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
said by nascar:

Looks like they are adding 7 channels I couldn't care less about. I know I must be in the minority with my opinion.

Why does everyone want TNT-HD so badly? NASCAR? What is so good on that channel that one needs it in HD?

What happened to us getting Boomerang! Now that's TV! I could learn a lot from that channel!

I have to wonder what research Comcast does to determine what channels to add. I have to think that what gets on is the one that greased Comcast the most.
I believe it is the NBA that is why people want it. Personally, I would rather have Boomerang (and a few other channels) over TNT-HD but that's just me.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
reply to nascar
said by nascar:

Why does everyone want TNT-HD so badly?
Because once you experience really great HD TV you never want to go back to standard definition channels. Comcast already carries TNT-HD in some markets so it seems like it ought to be a relatively easy addition to the present HD channel lineup, which is only adequate at best. Also, if I'm not mistaken, TNT carries NBA playoff games. Like most sports, basketball in HD is terrific.

I'm with you on Boomerang. I'd trade about 30 basically worthless other channels to get that one!

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ
said by Steely:

Because once you experience really great HD TV you never want to go back to standard definition channels. Comcast already carries TNT-HD in some markets so it seems like it ought to be a relatively easy addition to the present HD channel lineup, which is only adequate at best. Also, if I'm not mistaken, TNT carries NBA playoff games. Like most sports, basketball in HD is terrific.
With the exception of the NBA, what does TNT really have to offer in HD? They seem to show mostly older tv series and movies that were not shot in HD to begin with. As I stated in a previous post, until the programming catches up, there is really no compelling reason to have some of the basic channels like Sci-Fi, USA or Spike to be in HD. I do not see their respective management making the investment in HD until they know they will have the programming and the distribution to support it. I believe we are still at least 2 years out for it to happen.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
Well, the NBA in HD is reason enough to want TNT-HD for many people. Otherwise, I don't know about your situation, but on MY Samsung DLP, even material not shot in HD looks (and usually sounds) much better on an HD channel than on the SD channel counterpart. And the fact that the SD counterpart channel might be digital does not necessarily make it look as good as even the analog simulcast version of that channel.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
I found myself watching Hallmark from time to time. Basically for M*A*S*H. I think it kind of stinks that you're losing the west coast feeds of the premiums though. I like the idea that I can catch a show 3 hours later if I can't TiVo it when it is originally on.
--
Comcast BBQ

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Believe me kids, since getting TNT-HD this month, you aren't missing ANYTHING.

All it is is stretched out garbage. Yeah, the NBA games look sharp - but hell, there on twice a week.
--

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ
reply to nascar
The only channel I'm looking forward to is Hallmark Channel for their movies and original series.
--

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ
reply to mbernste
said by mbernste:

I think it kind of stinks that you're losing the west coast feeds of the premiums though. I like the idea that I can catch a show 3 hours later if I can't TiVo it when it is originally on.
Its though probably the only way that they could add any more channels. As for losing them, people could always just record or DVR the programming if they miss it or watch it ondemand. I mean I would hope that they would at least keep the main channels western feed, but nothing is guaranteed.
--

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
The way I see it... The more lame channels they add without recouping useless Analog... We will keep losing premium multiplex channels. What's next? The 24 hour all frog network in place of CBS?
--

patspub

join:2005-02-10
Philadelphia, PA
reply to anoninnj
Hi all, Does anyone know if these changes are coming to the Philly area. We already have the "Hallmark" but I was wondering about the losing of the "HBO" West Coast feeds???

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Yeah, keep us posted on the HBO west coast feeds you NJ'ers!

We lost the majority of the West coast feeds last month, but still have 5 HBO West feeds and 1 Cinemax.

I say AXE them all!
--

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital

join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ
reply to nascar
"Why does everyone want TNT-HD so badly? NASCAR?"

Well, considering that your nickname is Nascar, that should be reason strong enough for you

So, we are loosing a ton of West Coast channels to get Hallmark plus a ton of useless Int'l channels? And the Comcrap employees get mad at us when we complain about the Comcast in NJ - They think we'd rather have those int's channels to The Travel Channel and Boomerang??? Pathetic!

nascar

Verona, NJ
said by Travelfan1:

"Why does everyone want TNT-HD so badly? NASCAR?"

Well, considering that your nickname is Nascar, that should be reason strong enough for you
I was waiting for someone to pick up on that
--

kubus

join:2000-12-22
Irwin, PA
reply to comcastnj15
Interesting.
Comcast is one of the interested parties in purchasing Hallmark from Crown Media Holdings.
In Pittsburgh area Hallmark been, until recently, on the basic line up, channel 5 I think.

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ
reply to nascar
Hallmark Channel isn't lame Nascar. In fact, I think its been requested as much as channels like Travel Channel & Boomerang. Also, even though I could care less about receiving the new International channels since I don't subscribe to Selecto, people are interested in them and do request them. If there wasn't an audience then Dish Network wouldn't bother being the #1 carrier of them.
--

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to BobMagee5
OMG they still split channels! Thats so lame.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital

join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ
reply to comcastnj15
No wonder AZN channel is being added to Comcast line up:

"About AZN TELEVISION

AZN TelevisionSM is the network for Asian America. A wholly-owned company of Comcast Corporation,"

comcastnj15
Robin Meade Rules

Brick, NJ

3 edits
Hallmark Channel & AZN Television were added to the lineup here as well as three internationals on ch. 620,628 & 650 around 2:30 am. Also all the west coast premium feeds with the exception of HBO west and Cinemax west were deleted. Even the Encore west coast premium feeds were deleted. A total of 21 west coast premium channels were deleted I believe.

Edit: I'd still like to see Boomerang be added, since it has a lot of the classic cartoons that I've grown to love. Hopefully Marketing can work out a deal for carriage.
--
BBR Member since August 2003

Previously as tvfanatic/comcastfan1