rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA

rideboarder

Premium Member

[Rant] UPS 3-Day-Select Shipping & Newegg

What the heck is up with UPS? Isn't 3 day select shipping supposed to be delivered on the 3rd day after its shipped? Then why the heck is my package going to be delivered on the 28th? While I agree that thursday is a holiday, I ordered on Sunday, and UPS had it by monday. That means that it should be delivered by friday even with the holiday in-between....Does UPS not delivery on friday after thanksgiving or something?

....I knew I should have taken Fedex over newegg for a couple of dollars more, at least I would have it by tomorrow...UPS sucks and that's that, and I hate newegg for using it as the standard shipper now!
c P Q a I M
Perfect
join:2002-11-24
San Francisco, CA

c P Q a I M

Technically, it wasn't physically received by UPS until the 21st.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to rideboarder

Premium Member

to rideboarder
said by rideboarder:

What the heck is up with UPS? Isn't 3 day select shipping supposed to be delivered on the 3rd day after its shipped?
Correct so technically 22nd is the first business day, 23rd the second business day. 24th would have been the 3rd but since it is a holiday no go, according to UPS site »www.ups.com/holiday/ no friday either unless it is "sonic air " delivery. Of course no Saturday unless you paid extra. Sunday again "Sonic Air" only. Finally Monday the 28th regular schedual so it is on time.

Delivery options for all available services for the following shipment:

Ship From: BALDWIN PARK, CA 91706 UNITED STATES
Ship To: SNOHOMISH, WA 98290 UNITED STATES
Shipment Date: Monday, November 21, 2005

UPS 3 Day Select
Guaranteed by: By End of Day
Monday, November 28, 2005 3

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
join:2002-05-31
AZ

nightdesigns to rideboarder

Premium Member

to rideboarder
There's a good chance you'll get it in two days. I had 3 day delivery arrive next day (although I do live near the newegg distribution center).

I wasn't too happy with newegg when they decided to start using UPS

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA

rideboarder

Premium Member

I didn't think UPS wouldn't deliver on friday, but I guess they don't....I should have just gone with Fedex...

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to rideboarder

MVM

to rideboarder
Newegg says they billed/shipped it on the 20th. That's a Sunday. I had an order like that recently too... Since when do they work on Sundays ?? They haven't in the past.

As far as UPS is concerned, the clock starts ticking on the 21st. Three day shipping means they get it to you by the 24th. The 24th is Thanksgiving Day. UPS isn't "open" on the 25th except for air and international and weekends NEVER count with them unless you pay substantially extra for Saturday delivery. That makes the 28th the scheduled day. Just like they say...

UPS has been doing this for a long time and they do take their delivery "promise" dates seriously.
JonIrenicas
join:2002-06-22

2 edits

JonIrenicas

I always pay the extra couple bucks for Fedex screw UPS. I ordered headphones from bestbuy and ups ground shipping was the only cheap dispatch method ( 5 bucks) what they did was gave me a promiss date 8 days from then no holidays no anything and they let the little bugger sit in Ohio for 3 days before finally moving it.

One thing you can say about them is they do take delivering ontime seriously.

Irun Man
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18
Millsboro, DE

Irun Man to rideboarder

Premium Member

to rideboarder

Newegg is a strange bird

Actually something completely different happened to me recently. In the past I've had three day FedEx delivery orders from Newegg's distro center in Edison, NJ take the full three days to get delivered here, even though ground service takes only ONE DAY. WTF?

My last order gave me the option to select UPS Ground and save a buck or so; I said "GREAT! Maybe I'll get it overnight this time!"... NOT SO, it's shipping from California and will take SIX days this time! AARGH!!!
JonIrenicas

JonIrenicas

said by Irun Man:

In the past I've had three day FedEx delivery orders from Newegg's distro center in Edison, NJ take the full three days to get delivered here, even though ground service takes only ONE DAY. WTF?
Suprised Fedex does that to you. They always deliver a day early (2 days) shipping from LA to Northern Utah.

eXodus5
Premium Member
join:2005-08-04
Rockaway, NJ

eXodus5

Premium Member

I am about 45 minutes away from a Newegg shipping location. The Edison one in NJ. I always select ground and get it overnight. I have to say I love UPS. Is it their fault you ordered and didn't think of the holiday shipping schedule and you got mad at them?
JonIrenicas

1 edit

JonIrenicas to rideboarder

to rideboarder

Re: [Rant] UPS 3-Day-Select Shipping & Newegg

Hehe ordered a burner monday for my nephews birthday tonight (friday), spent the extra 2 bucks for Fedex super saver per usual, shipped Tuesday. Wasn't sure if Thanksgiving was going to screw up the usual 2 days to delivery but sure enough it did come today.

Nother reason why I don't prefer UPS is because I have no idea what time they're going to deliver. Sometimes 6 pm sometimes 10 AM, it's a grabhat usually later then early though. Fedex is always here between 12 and 3, usually around 2. Of course this is probably different for everyone.

Azz4
join:2000-09-19
Lynn, MA

3 edits

Azz4

I'll add one more about UPS...

I placed an order for some items from Newegg via UPS 3-day on November 11th. The package was being shipped from their New Jersey warehouse in Edison. I made sure to tick the 'rush processing' option while I was ordering, so Newegg would ship it that day (friday). And they did.

(The only reason why I chose UPS was to save a few $$$. Never again...)

All was good until the delivery date of 11/15 (1 day late, mind you!) then I get this

11/15/2005 17:42:00 THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.[X]

I give them a call, and apparently the driver could not find my house. I wondered how could that happen since I ordered some items a few weeks back and received them with no problem at all.

So what does UPS do? Yup, you guessed it. UPS sends it back to Newegg:

11/15/2005 20:38:45 SERVICE DELAY OR RETURN TO SHIPPER, SERVICE DISRUPTION;PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER[X]

What boggles my mind is, why did they send it back to their California warehouse, when the package came from New Jersey?

And also why couldn't UPS keep the package at the location and try to deliver again the next day???

So I call UPS again and they say it is impossible to stop the package. They tell me to contact the retailer to obtain more information. So I call Newegg and they tell me when the package gets to their warehouse, it becomes void so I have to place a new order.

The package is now in Austin, TX and sits there for a day with no activity. It finally gets moving and gets delivered to the Newegg warehouse in California(?) on 11/18

Nov 18, 2005
10:13 A.M.
CERRITOS, CA, US
DELIVERY

Of course, Newegg will do a full refund, and I did not want to place a new order until I saw the refund reflected on my online banking statement.
That did not happen until 11/25

So I place an order again, and this time I choose FEDEX Express Saver. I received the package one day early.

And I agree with you JonIrenicas about UPS delivery times. The order before this one came at 6:30PM
jesse18
join:2003-12-05
Milton, FL

jesse18 to rideboarder

to rideboarder
Fedex is great and I wont be going through ups again ever. Unless I really have to....

Waiting on my surround sound package right now from newegg.

Its not neweggs fault at all, its all UPS. 60 pound package 2 day I spend quite abit and its been 4 days. They say it wont get here until tomorrow.

UPS = United Punching Syndicate -because when you get your package it looks like all of the ups people that have been in contact with the box just punched it many times. - I came up with that one, but its true.

Fedex is great.