spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mtothe12
join:2004-12-29
Finchville, KY

mtothe12

launchmodem not working

i have no idea why, but for some reason the launchmodem command does not work. Acts like a page that doesn't exist. it has worked in the past for me. Any help?

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI

MVM

Use the modem's address instead. It's probably 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

Westell's setup software adds an entry into your Windows HOSTS file so "launchmodem" is equivalent to the modem's address. Perhaps this fact will reveal why it's not working now (ever run Westell setup software on that computer? Ever modify your HOSTS file?)
mtothe12
join:2004-12-29
Finchville, KY

mtothe12

Neither of those work. I have read elsewhere to try 192.168.1.254 but that takes me to my router.

I haven't changed any host files and do not even know where they are located (besides, I have 3 computers and can't get to the modem page from any of them).

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI

MVM

If you've placed a router between your PCs and the modem it's not easy to get to the modem page at all and virtually impossible if the modem and router are in the same subnet (like 192.168.1.x). I suspect this is your problem.

Hook up directly to the modem or get very creative (I used to bypass a router with a 2nd router to do exactly this).