uniqs
share rss forum feed

BIG b
Premium
join:2002-11-23
Connersville, IN

1 edit
reply to BIG b

Re: [Connectivity] What router and modem ?

OK a couple more questions before I venture out and pick up the modem and router today .. If I have to order it online how can I tell it is version 4 ?

Also can the version 3 modems display the provisioned rate ? I am very intrested in this !

If for some reason I decide to get the Motorola will they display the provisioned rate?

KNow any good source where I can get a Linksys Version 4 router and modem online ?

I am going to Wal Mart in the next town over this afternoon. I have called and checked. They have them there I am just not sure if it is the Version 4 or not.

»www.walmart.com/catalog/product.···=1711518

Also look at this link it looks like it is only 2.4 GHz ? Is this wrong ?

»www.walmart.com/catalog/product.···=2470125

DOES THE LINKSYS MODEM LOOK LIKE IT IS DOCSIS 2.0 ? It only says 1 is that right ?

Thanks
--
Visit my site @ www.n9dvd.com

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

4 edits

1 recommendation

"If I have to order it online how can I tell it is version 4 ?"
You can't. The pics online are often not updated.

"Also can the version 3 modems display the provisioned rate ?"
I don't believe they can. I will ask a friend who has one and confirm.

"If for some reason I decide to get the Motorola will they display the provisioned rate?"
No, they do not.

"Know any good source where I can get a Linksys Version 4 router and modem online ?"
Newegg is a good source but dicey which version. If you decide to order online, call and talk to a rep. and ask about their return policy if it's not a v4.

The pic. of the modem from Walmart is a v3. This doesn't mean they will ship you a v3, only that they may not have updated the picture.

The pic of the WRT54G router is an older version.

Some ref:

You can differentiate the befcmu10 version 3 from befcmu10 version 4 through the lights on the front panel of the device. With the version 3 under the Internet you have 2 LED lights labeled cable and activity. With the befcmu10 version 4 under the Internet you have 3 LED lights indicator (DS, US and Online).

You are supposed to be able to see this light configuration on the picture of modem on the box.
»Re: Linksys BEFCMU10 Modem

Here is a link on how to identify different WRT54G versions: »Re: WRT54G - Wireless-G Broadband Router V5.0
--
Write me up for 125.......I Can't Drive 55 »redrocker.com/ »cabowabo.com/