Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
BrotherJPW0

join:2003-11-27
Glen Ellyn, IL

WHAA? MENS PACKAGE

All I watch is sports and movies.

I want a sports package and movie package.
I want the "MENS" package.

ESPN
ESPN2
NFL Network
SPEED
TNT
USA
TBS
WGN
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
HBO Networks
Showtime Networks
Comcast Sports Net Chicago

I would pay $40 to $45 for this.
I do not want shopping channels, music channels, CSPAN NETWORKS, GameSHOWs, Nickforkids, Disney channels, and BET
Joe123456789

join:2003-11-24
Des Plaines, IL

Re: WHAA? MENS PACKAGE

said by BrotherJPW0:

WGN
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
Are free over air where you live
BrotherJPW0

join:2003-11-27
Glen Ellyn, IL

1 edit

I will just go to HOOTERS instead. To watch sports and put up an off air antenna for home. The movie theater is better anyways.

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

said by BrotherJPW0:

I will just go to HOOTERS instead. To watch sports and put up an off air antenna for home. The movie theater is better anyways.
Movie theater is far worst than a good HT set in your nice living room. I hate those noisy @ssholes as well as those shitty thugs around me, not to mention those retarded parents who sometimes come with loud kids to 8PM movies...

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY
said by BrotherJPW0:

ESPN
ESPN2
NFL Network
SPEED
TNT
USA
TBS
WGN
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
HBO Networks
Showtime Networks

I do not want shopping channels, music channels, CSPAN NETWORKS, GameSHOWs, Nickforkids, Disney channels, and BET
I'm the opposite type, absolutely. F*ck ESPNs, NFL etc- give me some soccer but mainly movies and news.

I'd get movie channels (HBOs, Showtimes, Encores, Cinemax etc), Sundance and IFC, CNN, MSNBC, CSPANs and public stuff (NASA, PBS etc), CBS and ABC, Sci-Fi, USA and all the available HD channels incuding VOOMs and HDNets, Discovery etc. I'd pay around $60+ per month.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One
kudos:1
said by BrotherJPW0:

ESPN
ESPN2
NFL Network
SPEED
TNT
USA
TBS
WGN
ABC
CBS
NBC
FOX
HBO Networks
Showtime Networks

Ironically, you left out the "first network for men": SpikeTV.

You also might want to throw in Skinemax and/or the Spice Channel for those lonely Friday & Saturday nights.:D
--
Copyright infringement is illegal. Murder is illegal. Therefore, file sharing is murder.

marigolds
Gainfully employed, finally
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:2

1 edit
Here are my best guess based on C-Band packages, Canadian a la carte, and what little has been leaked out about industry pricing:
$10 ESPN & ESPN2
$3 NFL Network
$3 SPEED
$4 TNT & TBS
$1.5 USA
$1.5 WGN
$0 ABC
$0 CBS
$0 NBC
$0 FOX
$13 HBO Networks
$11 Showtime Networks
$3 Comcast Sports Net Chicago

$50

Plus you will still be required to get basic cable (though that might include some of the $1.50 channels), so your actual total is going to be well over $60. I assumed the broadcast channels would be included on basic. All of these are low end estimates that assume the Turner channels come in a bundle and the ESPN channels come in a bundle and you only want one channel each of HBO and Showtime.
--
ISCABBS - the oldest and largest BBS on the Internet
telnet://whip.isca.uiowa.edu
Member: American Association of Geographers, American Geophysical Union, American Water Resources Association

Fatal Vector

join:2005-11-26

Lets not forget that the Turner channels are owned by time warner...And, you listed tbs twice...
fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
You know, I like your thinking on the mens package. In turn of the so-called "family package" I wonder if I can buy everything BUT the family package channels. Afterall, I would never EVER watch them in the first place.

For the record,

TWC's 'family package' is going to include CNN Headline News, big surprise, however, I thought that the package was intended to remove violence. Last time I checked, news was pretty violent.

As for TWC's family package, by the way, ...

The “Family Choice” tier, to be rolled out across its service area in the first quarter of 2006, will cost $12.99 above the cost for the tier 1 service.

It will include kids’ services Boomerang, Discovery Kids, Disney Channel, Toon Disney and Nick Games & Sports. The other services are The Science Channel, DIY Network, Fit TV, Food Network, Home & Garden Television, La Familia, The Weather Channel, C-SPAN-2, C-SPAN 3 and Headline News.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One
kudos:1

Yeesh! C-SPAN2 and CSPAN-3? That's child abuse man!