spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gstephens5
join:2002-06-22
Sacramento, CA

gstephens5

Starstream Broadband Internet

I'm currently a satisfied Comcast Broadband Internet customer in Sacramento, CA. However I'll soon be moving to Lincoln, CA who is serviced by Starstream.

Anyone from that area specifically have any comments about the service?

If not from that area and general comments about Starstream Broadband Internet? I called them and they say their service provides 600-1000KB/sec.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa

Mod

I don't know anything about Starstream but I did find some reviews on them:

»User reviews - Wave Broadband Rocklin

Hope this helps.

sash

Gizy
Have you thanked a soldier today?
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
Midwest

1 recommendation

Gizy to gstephens5

Premium Member

to gstephens5
Thanks sash for pointing me over here.
I've got Starstream in Rocklin. I've had them over 3.5 years and had maybe 2 outages in all that time for internet and 1 additional for email. The email lasted a bit, during one of the worm problems...but once fixed, I haven't had an issue since. I also have them for cable TV and love them for that. Their idea of basic cable is anything except premium channels.

No caps, no throttling.
This was my latest test (and this was actually on the slower end for me):
2005-12-27 20:24:38 EST: 1957 / 543
Your download speed : 1957 kbps or 244.7 KB/sec.
Your upload speed : 543 kbps or 67.9 KB/sec.

They courage VPN use, etc., so working from home is never an issue for me, even if returning files to the work server.

I haven't had to deal with tech support since the install, which went smoothly, so I can't answer on that. They have on-line bill paying, which for me is a plus.

I came from Comcast in the Natomas area, where on Friday evenings you were lucky to get 400k downloads.....too many people on in one area. From what I can tell, Starstream is a small company that services a relatively small area, they have a good backbone that they keep maintained (and they tell you when monthly maintenance is going to happen), and they aren't eager to grow too quickly. They seem to want to keep their customers happy. I'm sure they have the usual no servers, etc, policies, but for the average internet/email user, you should have no problems at all. They also have static IP's available for a nominal monthly charge. I don't recommend buying in to their Webmail; just check email on the web with a pop account if you need to.

I've been so happy with them, if I move in this area, I'm making sure I stay with them.

Hope this helps and welcome to the neighborhood.
ssctv
join:2003-08-04
Rocklin, CA

ssctv to gstephens5

to gstephens5
Hello gstephens,

Thank you for your inquiry into Starstream Communications for your broadband service needs. If you have any questions or troubles regarding service, please feel free to email us at starstream@starstream.net. You may also send a dslreports.com instant message to username "ssctv" if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Starstream NOC Department