Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
First, you recruited one of the best as moderator! Second, it'll be nice to have the infected stuff in one place. This is a good idea, but will take a bit of getting used to for posters who come here through Google, and lilhurricane See Profile and Wildcatboy See Profile may be quite busy moving topics.

I recommend putting the tab for the new forum where it will be sure to be seen on the security main page. Right now it doesn't show there for me. I have to click the ">>" tab to find it.

Since Malware archive is a limited interest/access forum, it could be moved to the end. Kerio-Tiny, being a specialty forum that's been around long enough for people to know it's there, could also be moved to the right.

HTH and thanks!

EG
--
In Memoriam -NRK 1 FEB 1918 - 6 NOV 2005B-17 pilot -50 missions over Europe and North Africa - 347th Squadron, 99th Bomb Group - Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather, friend --- A knight and gentleman gone to peace

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
Finally!!! What a great idea!!

Congrats to lilhurricane See Profile!! I'm sure she'll do a wonderful job as always.
--
~~~...and I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain...~~~

Spy
Premium
join:2001-09-22
NE

1 recommendation

reply to gwion
Congrats to lilhurricane, this is a good idea.:)

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
Fantastic news, super moderess for the forum, and it's about time...all in one breath! This separate forum was needed a long time ago, and I can't think of a better person to help take care of it than our little Florida bombshell with her back covered by CJ. What a combo that is!
--
JKKAge is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature! »www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to Alwill
said by Alwill:

Golllee! Lisa, what next?. With the Software forum now Security Cleanup, you're a real terror for work.

Well done and warmest congratulations.

In my opinion a special forum for the cleanup of malware infections was long overdue.

She is taking over!

DaHen
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Brockton, MA

1 recommendation

reply to gwion
Congratulations Lil,

This new forum is a welcome addition. I just hope I won't require any assistance.

DaHen

Lex Luthor
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

2 recommendations

Great idea. Should be a very valuable forum.

Have fun lilhurricane See Profile

gracie7
Geek Goddess
Premium
join:2003-07-15
confusion

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
a HUGE thumbs up for the little dynamo, lilhurricane!!! a super, very needed forum hosted by a super, very valuable member . can you hear the big YAY all the way from here to there?

Px

join:2005-04-30
reply to gwion
Ahh that should make it much easier for WCB and having to look over the HJT logs to see if people are following the FAQ and posting rules.

CajunTek
Insane Cajun
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-08
Arlington, TX

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
Comgrats to the Hurricane.. Glad to see this.. and we all know you'll do a great job !!!

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-10
Baldwin, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to gwion
Great idea.

Now, perhaps the security-related forums should be gathered into it's own category, sortof like the setup now with the Verizon and SBC forums.

Yes?
No?
Maybe so?

Wake2

join:2005-04-30

2 recommendations

reply to gwion
Congratulations to lilhurricane, and to BBR on the
new forum, but sure hope I never have to come visit !

Wildcatboy
Invisible
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-30
Toronto, ON

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to gwion
Sorry I wasn't here yesterday to help you move, lilhurricane See Profile. Obviously you are an excellent choice for the new forum. How can you not be? I was one of the people who nominated you.:) and I always make excellent choices.

Good luck with the new forum.
--
You can catch the Devil, but you can't hold him long.

TeMerc6

join:2004-01-22
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to gwion
Good to see DSLR catch up with the rest of the many forums offering specific forum for users to seek assistance in clean up.

Good job!!

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

3 recommendations

reply to gwion
Congrats lilhurricane See Profile! Great choice WCB. This should organize things much better.
~*peeks head in the office*~

Oh, you got an office with a window too. Nice
--
Tardis Express: When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Get There Before You Send It.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast

7 recommendations

reply to gwion
Thanks all for the good wishes...

I believe this will serve us all well, both here in Security's main "home" forum, and to those requiring additional help in Security Cleanup.

We have high goals of providing assistance, while teaching, learning...within the same structure of requirements as you are all familiar with already.

Thanks to Wildcatboy See Profile for the vote of confidence & thank you CalamityJane See Profile for lookin' out

...and to kudos to each & every one of you who participate and contribute here every day.

You guys are the "heartbeat" of Security...and the beat goes on....
--
~Cancer will not win~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~

Sunsetstrip
Go Kings
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-08
West Hollywood, CA

2 recommendations

reply to gwion

If anyone can handle the extra load it's lilhurricane See Profile congrats !

Michael
Premium
join:2001-05-06
Canada

3 recommendations

reply to gwion

It's about time!

Great idea to create a new dedicated forum and a fantastic choice in lilhurricane See Profile to make sure this forum accomplishes it's goals. Congrats Lisa.

Digibits
Premium
join:2000-09-02
The Hilltop
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to gwion

Re: New Forum: "Security Cleanup"...

We have needed a separate "Security Cleanup" forum for some time.

Glad to see that it's time has come and even happier to see that lilhurricane will serve as moderator.

Looks like a win, win situation for us all.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to gwion
Glad to see it finally happened:)

Wow! Checked lilhurricane's profile and I have 1 question. When do you sleep?
--
Prevent Malware

mers2
Premium,MVM
join:2004-03-20
USA

1 recommendation

said by dolphins:

Glad to see it finally happened:)

Wow! Checked lilhurricane's profile and I have 1 question. When do you sleep?
She doesn't.
--
God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will never die.

novaflare
The Dragon Was Here
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Barberton, OH

1 recommendation

All i can say is awesome. And congrats to the host lilhurricane as well.

anthrorules
Premium
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO
reply to gwion
thank goodness...so that the Security forum will no longer be wasted space full of Hijackthis logs and such.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to Riss_Centaur
said by Riss_Centaur:

Congrats lilhurricane! Have at!

»/r0/download/9···uter.gif
Cleaning a computer...
Um, why clean a CRT monitor? :P CRTs don't get infected.

Good idea on the forum!
--
Ant @ The Ant Farm: »antfarm.ma.cx ... Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use the forum (I check almost daily)! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

CalamityJane
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-27
Eustis, FL

4 recommendations

reply to anthrorules
said by anthrorules:

thank goodness...so that the Security forum will no longer be wasted space full of Hijackthis logs and such.
You may view helping infected users as wasted space, we view it as an opportunity to help, educate and promote PC security
--
It takes a disaster to make a woman out of a female
Microsoft MVP/Windows Security 2003-2006
Proud Member of ASAP (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)

anthrorules
Premium
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

1 edit
"thank goodness...so that the Security forum will no longer be wasted space full of Hijackthis logs and such.

You may view helping infected users as wasted space, we view it as an opportunity to help, educate and promote PC security"

Ummm...that was not my implication...there is a place to help people and should be a separate forum...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics, which needs to be in another forum, than Security forum, a Security Cleanup forum is perfect.

Please do not put words into my mouth and hands.
--
ionSKY Wireless ISP - 2.4GHz - 802.11b - 1.0MB/384kbps | Dell Dimension 4550/WinXP Pro/SP2/768MB Ram -- Dell Inspiron 5150/WinXP Pro/SP2/1024MB Ram |Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 | NAT Router/Firewall | D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router/Firewall |MSAS Sucks!

Khaine

join:2003-03-03
Australia
reply to gwion
This is a great idea, as it seperates the posts into a more logical and organised way. It stops the security forum from being overloaded with HJT logs, and it means those who need help / want to help don't need to sift through so many posts

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to gwion
You can't get back from that forum to this one easily. There needs to be link at the top... not the bar which is all messed up anyhow. But above that.
--
"If you want to do DRM on a PC then you need to treat the user as the enemy." Ross Anderson in "`Trusted Computing' Frequently Asked Questions"

Wildcatboy
Invisible
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-30
Toronto, ON
reply to anthrorules
said by anthrorules:

...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics,...
Cluttered? Hate to pick on you but the average number of HJT threads per day in this forum has been 3-5. Considering the number of posters we have, 5 HJT threads a day is hardly considered a clutter.
--
You can catch the Devil, but you can't hold him long.