join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

2 edits

anthrorules to Wildcatboy

Premium Member

to Wildcatboy

Re: New Forum: "Security Cleanup"...

"
...the Security forum has been cluttered with Hijackthis topics,...
Cluttered? Hate to pick on you but the average number of HJT threads per day in this forum has been 3-5. Considering the number of posters we have, 5 HJT threads a day is hardly considered a clutter."

Yes, the number of these types of posts has decreased, but my point is that the Security forum SHOULD NOT be the place to assist people with cleaning up their computers. Again, I commend having this other forum available for doing that! Geez!

Also, I don't know where you're getting YOUR average, but doing a search on the Security forum for hijackthis during the month of December 2005, I come up with over 400 Topics related that have hijackthis logs posted.

»/nsear ··· d=1&18=1

That increases the number to close to 15 a day, which in my opinion is clutter.

You say Potatato, I say Potatoe.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

My thought is that when they were in the REAL security forum, I looked at them many times. I won't go this new forum though just as I very seldom go to the Vendors forum. Why? Two reasons: I won't think to do it and I won't have time. I think everything should have stayed in ONE security forum. I was opposed to the Vendors forum, Kerio and now this. The malware one I can see having that separate.

If there was a lot of clutter then maybe this was needed....but I only recall a very short period when there was a lot of clutter and I entertained the thought of a separate forum then and was soundly rebuffed by WCB. So, I have no idea why this forum was approved NOW when the clutter has been so little for so long. The time for it, if ever, is LONG PAST. DSLr is apt to get known as the last place to adopt a trend....:(

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

I think one of the main reasons in creating the new "cleanup" forum was to avoid 'those' threads from being drowned into the archives, as many of them were, since the Security Forum is the busiest forum on BBR. I think I'll benefit from the new forum since I found myself bumping my own "cleanup" thread(s) in the past.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Mele20

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

You can't get back from that forum to this one easily. There needs to be link at the top... not the bar which is all messed up anyhow. But above that.
It's a bug and is being looked at so it can be fixed and the new forum can link properly in tabs to the other security forums.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

1 recommendation

Kalford

MVM

said by fatness:
said by Mele20:

You can't get back from that forum to this one easily. There needs to be link at the top... not the bar which is all messed up anyhow. But above that.
It's a bug and is being looked at so it can be fixed and the new forum can link properly in tabs to the other security forums.
Translation. . . Fatness is having someone else look at whatever it is he broke.
astirusty
Premium Member
join:2000-12-23
Henderson, NV

astirusty to gwion

Premium Member

to gwion
Yeah baby!

Kanebrake
Island Time
Premium Member
join:2002-03-12

1 recommendation

Kanebrake to gwion

Premium Member

to gwion
Congratulations Lil ... She runs a tight ship with an even hand.

antiserious
The Future ain't what it used to be
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Scranton, PA

1 recommendation

antiserious to gwion

Premium Member

to gwion

... geez, I'm slippin' in my old age ... congrats to Lil and her new forum, those poor lost souls will be in good hands ...

... actual image of Hurricane Lisa - if you misbehave you might see that on yer tail ...

fatness
subtle

fishing

2 recommendations

fatness

said by fatness:

EFT (estimated fix time) = this weekend
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

jabarnut to gwion

Premium Member

to gwion
Wow! I'm slipping in my old age. (Heck, my footing wasn't that great when I was younger either).
Don't know how I missed this thread!

Anyway, excellent idea for a new forum and congratulations to lilhurricane See Profile!

Excellent choice not only as a Moderator, but as a person we have all come to know and admire a great deal.

As mentioned earlier, the only way I can figure you handle all of this, is that you just don't ever sleep!

fatness
subtle

fishing

1 recommendation

fatness to Mele20

to Mele20
The tabs are fixed.

mew6977
We Never Shut Down.
Premium Member
join:2002-09-09
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

mew6977 to gwion

Premium Member

to gwion
Congrats Lisa.
I know you will do a great job with the new forum.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20 to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
Why can't the tab for this forum be seen without having to click on the forward icon? There is plenty of room to have all forums display across the top without having to click on that >>. When I do that, then wireless appears twice and I finally see this forum. Then when I want to go to the main forum there STILL is no easy way to get there. I have to go backwards on the back icon and then click on the main security forum link. There are not too many forums to display all on ONE horizontal line at the top. There is wasted space there now necessitating in the extra clicking. Plus, someone mentioned putting Kerio at the end of the list so it is the one that is hidden until you click on the forward icon. I think that is a good idea. But better than doing that, get rid of the second wireless icon at the top and put this forum's icon in the empty space so there no need for the forward and backwards icons.

BTW way, I really like the forum logo!!:)

Edit: I forgot to spell check.
Px
join:2005-04-30

Px to fatness

to fatness
It works great just is a little funny looking since its not 100% smooth but hey its works great and who said that it has to look perfect every single time. Thanks for the work.