Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to anthrorules

Premium Member

to anthrorules

Re: New Forum: "Security Cleanup"...

My thought is that when they were in the REAL security forum, I looked at them many times. I won't go this new forum though just as I very seldom go to the Vendors forum. Why? Two reasons: I won't think to do it and I won't have time. I think everything should have stayed in ONE security forum. I was opposed to the Vendors forum, Kerio and now this. The malware one I can see having that separate.

If there was a lot of clutter then maybe this was needed....but I only recall a very short period when there was a lot of clutter and I entertained the thought of a separate forum then and was soundly rebuffed by WCB. So, I have no idea why this forum was approved NOW when the clutter has been so little for so long. The time for it, if ever, is LONG PAST. DSLr is apt to get known as the last place to adopt a trend....:(

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

I think one of the main reasons in creating the new "cleanup" forum was to avoid 'those' threads from being drowned into the archives, as many of them were, since the Security Forum is the busiest forum on BBR. I think I'll benefit from the new forum since I found myself bumping my own "cleanup" thread(s) in the past.