uniqs
share rss forum feed

mike5026
Premium
join:2007-09-30
Rockford, IL

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

Re: [Team Discovery New Members Only] How did you hear of TD?

I found the website through my friend and I was really interested

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

Click for full size
I was supposed to receive a bribe...

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

2 recommendations

I was following one of lilhurricane See Profile's links. I decided to dedicate one machine for little green men, but my most powerful to (hopefully) help humanity.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

I've been a DSLR member for 9 years and always saw links to TD but never took the time to see what it's all about. I wish I would have a long time ago.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to babacher

^^^TTT^^^ for our new members

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was crunching for folding@home (stanford.edu) with another group. I logged on last month to find out I'm alone, not much fun. I'm in the process of switching all my crunchers over to this team and WCG. I've been around here since 1999 (lost my first ID, markz24), kinda hard not to hear about TD when you post here a few times
--
I can haz competition?

high_fall1
Premium
join:2006-08-13
Columbus, OH

4 recommendations

Wanted to put wasted CPU cycles towards something worthwhile. Anything to help kids or those that battle cancer seems about as noble a cause as one can be a part of...

george357
Premium
join:2009-09-18
Weaverville, NC
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I came across Team Discovery in the all forums section of BBR and liked the idea of helping out with cures and discoveries.
--
The wise man seeks everything in himself; the ignorant man tries to get everything from somebody else. ~Anonymous

amaiman
Abort, Retry, Fail?
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Trenton, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

It's been a while since I ran any distributed computing projects, but watching IBM's Watson win on Jeopardy this week (along with the big donation to WCG) reminded me about it, so I started up BOINC again.

MadHatr
Premium
join:2001-02-11
Windsor Locks, CT

5 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was here at DSLREPORTS on the All Forums page looking at Computing Clubs. I've been crunching on SETI for years now. Can't recall exactly but somehow I found the projects for WCG. Couldn't think of anything better than to crunch for WCG and then joined Discovery.
John

bjweric

join:2011-09-08
singapore

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

Via Team Helix. I think it was a post there...? Or is it?
Aargh, I seem to need my coffee now... :O

jonard

@omantel.net.om

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

from my friend GlennAxl

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I have seen the team listed for years here but never looked into it till I started crunching for Team Helix. I have 1 machine left doing nothing so I decided to put it to work.

Black_Mage
My backup spell is Warp
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
Reviews:
·Windstream

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was drawn to this site because of the All Things Apple forum, and I wandered around and stumbled to this forum where my first act was to ask Team Discovery about a project ran by Team Helix. Yeaaaaaaah. I'm as smooth as a train wreck. That wasn't directed at you, Santa Fe. But I digest.

It started with an interest in participating in distributed computer project again and I received a warm welcome, so I decided to stay.

MacBridger
Late to the party
Premium
join:2001-01-11
Morgantown, WV
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

Years ago I was crunching with Team Starfire. After some time I discovered both Team Helix and Discovery. Initially I started crunching with Helix, but came over here due to the single minded nature of our group. While I hadn't lost family or close friends to cancer at that point, I knew that was my target.

Now I continue for Charles and Bill. I continue for all those yet to do battle with the beast. All in hope of putting an end to the suffering we have all felt from losing someone before their time.
--
The Goober (Formerly Mac Bridger)
Fight Cancer! Join DSLR's Team Discovery