wanabegeek
1917-1987
Premium
join:2007-06-11
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:8

2 recommendations

reply to vukodlak75

Re: [New Members] How did you hear about TD?

I noticed the spinners on many of the profiles of the members that just jumped in and came to my rescue when I first joined. Being nosey and curious my detective work led me to the answer. What an easy way to help find a cure. No sweating, no physical effort. The bottom line the good people guided me here and didn't even know they had made a difference in my life. Thank you all
Sally

tmbeem

join:2001-06-14
Las Vegas, NV

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I found this page through the Members Welcome page and clicking on the Computing Clubs link. I thought it was a wonderful idea so I decided to join up.

bronc0fan
Boogie
Premium
join:2002-02-26
Colorado Springs, CO

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I am rejoining Team Discovery. I used to be a member under my old BBR name FatTireMan. I might as well put my dual core AMD 64 4200 processor to good use. I used to crunch with an Intel Celeron 1.2 processor LOL!
--
"Long live rock, be it dead or alive" --The Who. Americans are getting stronger. 20 years ago, it took 2 people to carry $10 worth of groceries; now a 5 year old can do it.

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

scanning dslr.

Vtblues
if you can't get out of it, get in to it
Premium
join:2006-05-29
Brookfield, VT

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

Re: [New Members Only] How did you hear about TD?

I found out about Team Discovery by lurking about DSLR

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

4 recommendations

reply to babacher

I wanted a spinner lol. Actually I have several computers around the house that don't do much during the day (or night) so I figured it was time to put them to use. I don't have them all setup to run BOINC just yet but I plan to have it running on about 8 computers, give or take a few.

chris231989

join:2006-02-12
Joplin, MO

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

i found out about it here. i think a freind of mine might have said something about it to me a few weeks ago also but i'm almost sure he read about it here also

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to babacher

^^^TTT^^^ for our newer members

Belinrahs
I have an ego the size of a small planet
Premium
join:2007-09-07
Nashville, MI

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

Saw Team Discovery on multiple persons "clubs:" and saw the forum. Gave in and decided to join in. (I've been doing World Community Grid for a long time now. Had I known you were doing that I would have been in this for a long time!)

sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Knew about it all along when I was a member here, just didn't have the PC power (or my parents permission) to run it, now I do and here I am!

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
reply to babacher

~bump~a~roo for our newer members

awmartin

join:2008-03-18
West Lafayette, IN

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was looking at the WCG forum, and saw your posting. I was happy to find a group that is really interested in WCG.

Old_Grouch
Don't just sit there silly DO something
Premium
join:2004-05-26
Greenwood, IN

2 recommendations

said by awmartin:

I was looking at the WCG forum, and saw your posting. I was happy to find a group that is really interested in WCG.
I knew somebody would read those danged posts. Thanks for both reading AND clicking.

OK, off-topic, thread-stealing, interruption over---please resume normal posting.
--
At Team Discovery we know how to get more outta that danged 'puter of yours!
If you paid taxes it's a rebate. If you didn't, it's welfare.

Nanoprobe
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

Re: [Team Discovery New Members Only] How did you hear of TD?

Saw all the funny little spinning thingys.

bsadlerjr
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Independence, MO

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

I was just looking around the different forums of DSLR and decided it would be a great group to be a part of.

Doug135

join:2008-01-12
Laredo, TX

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

I too saw the little spinning thing and check what it was. Saw that it was for something good and joined.

HFB1217
The Wizard
Premium,ExMod 2000-01
join:2000-06-26
Camelot
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I have been here for a very long time and started as a founding member of the Seti team but i have known about all of the teams here as they were born and flourished.

I have lost a Father and Younger Brother to Lung Cancer and with the gentle encouragement from a Wonderful Purple Loving Lady I decided it was time for me to take up the torch to help in finding a cure for the major bane of many families and man kind.
--
****aka The WIZARD *** A Founding member of Seti BBR Team Starfire***

waharper
Premium
join:2009-01-23
Rocky Mount, NC
reply to babacher

I found out on the site FAQ

TPS Reporter
Premium
join:2006-09-07
Goshen, IN

1 recommendation

reply to babacher

I just starting searching one day to see what all this site offered. So it was under members header that I found it.

tmm0804
Premium
join:2009-01-23
Haskell, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

I saw this posted somewhere on the site, can't remember where. I am involved in two other projects and thought the kids cancer research project would be a good one to join. Thanks for posting it!

EDIT: Ah, now I see where I found it. It's under the Spare CPU section of the members page. Since I was already involved with similar projects, yours was a natural fit!

mike5026
Premium
join:2007-09-30
Rockford, IL

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I found the website through my friend and I was really interested

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

Click for full size
I was supposed to receive a bribe...

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

2 recommendations

I was following one of lilhurricane See Profile's links. I decided to dedicate one machine for little green men, but my most powerful to (hopefully) help humanity.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL

3 recommendations

reply to babacher

I've been a DSLR member for 9 years and always saw links to TD but never took the time to see what it's all about. I wish I would have a long time ago.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
Purple Zone
reply to babacher

^^^TTT^^^ for our new members

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5

4 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was crunching for folding@home (stanford.edu) with another group. I logged on last month to find out I'm alone, not much fun. I'm in the process of switching all my crunchers over to this team and WCG. I've been around here since 1999 (lost my first ID, markz24), kinda hard not to hear about TD when you post here a few times
--
I can haz competition?

high_fall1
Premium
join:2006-08-13
Columbus, OH

4 recommendations

Wanted to put wasted CPU cycles towards something worthwhile. Anything to help kids or those that battle cancer seems about as noble a cause as one can be a part of...

george357
Premium
join:2009-09-18
Weaverville, NC
Reviews:
·Charter

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

I came across Team Discovery in the all forums section of BBR and liked the idea of helping out with cures and discoveries.
--
The wise man seeks everything in himself; the ignorant man tries to get everything from somebody else. ~Anonymous

amaiman
Abort, Retry, Fail?
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Trenton, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to babacher

It's been a while since I ran any distributed computing projects, but watching IBM's Watson win on Jeopardy this week (along with the big donation to WCG) reminded me about it, so I started up BOINC again.

MadHatr
Premium
join:2001-02-11
Windsor Locks, CT

5 recommendations

reply to babacher

I was here at DSLREPORTS on the All Forums page looking at Computing Clubs. I've been crunching on SETI for years now. Can't recall exactly but somehow I found the projects for WCG. Couldn't think of anything better than to crunch for WCG and then joined Discovery.
John