nxl5150
Premium Member
join:2001-09-20
Bensalem, PA

3 recommendations

nxl5150 to babacher

Premium Member

to babacher

Re: [OT] New Members: How did you hear about TD?

I humbly suggest that all members share their stories as well if babacher See Profile doesn't mind.

A close friend informed me of the concept behind SETI and I thought it was absolutely intriguing. A few months later, I found that DSLR had a SETI team. When I looked further, I was surprised to find that there were other DSLR DC projects out there as well.

Soon I found Team Discovery, and decided to join because I supported and respected its goal. That was almost four years ago, and I certainly haven't decided to give up!

Dersgniw
Disco Crunchin
MVM
join:2001-08-10
behind you

3 recommendations

Dersgniw

MVM

That means I have to think waaayyy back to when I was just a lad... hmmmm...

I crunched for Team USA with UD at first because I couldn't find a more appropriate team for myself since I didn't really do much "chatting" online... I think I was just looking through the forums here because I had just hooked up with DSL and found these "Clubs"... sounded fun and the people were nice.

Never thought I'd end up making friends, building stats, and becoming addicted to crunching for the cause!

babacher
sleep apnea sucks
MVM
join:2001-02-28
Greenwood, IN

1 edit

4 recommendations

babacher to nxl5150

MVM

to nxl5150
said by nxl5150:

I humbly suggest that all members share their stories as well if babacher See Profile doesn't mind.
Not at all!

I was crunching SETI@Home about six years ago. After some months, I read that there was a cancer DC project (UD) that offered cash prizes to the best participants - I think it was $50/month. Shortly thereafter, they stopped giving away cash, but I kept doing it anyway because it was a good cause.

About a year later I was looking to get broadband internet, and found DSLReports.com. After a few months of hanging out at DSLR, I stumbled across the Team Discovery forum. That was the first time I knew there were DC TEAMS! At first I was confused by the team concept, but after reading in the TD forum for a while I signed up.

I think that was October of 2001. I've never looked back, and I'm glad to be here.