royphil345
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
Lakewood, OH

3 recommendations

royphil345

Premium Member

Hi,

Yes... My name is Roy. I love BBR. Found this club while surfing around the site. I chose this club because it rocks. How could you go wrong? I've just gone from feeling guilty about leaving my desktop on all the time to being proud of it... LOL Hope we help some people!!!

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

3 recommendations

Merak75 to bbrcat

MVM

to bbrcat
Hello all.

My name is Mladen and I live in Shaker Heights, OH. I am 32 years old and make a living as a CNC Machinist. I joined because I wanted to doing something worthwile with my pc.

cwy1980
Premium Member
join:2004-08-10
Monmouth Junction, NJ

4 recommendations

cwy1980 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Somehow I have managed to not reply to this thread since joining

Anyways, hi y'all...my real name is Chris...I am 26 years old. I live in New Jersey now but was born in Colorado. I have lived up and down the east coast over the past 7 years due to moving duty stations a few times. As my avatar picture suggests, I used to be in the Navy and served aboard submarines. Now though I am a clinical engineer for Beckman Coulter. I use cwy1980 as a handle just about every website I am a part of...less confusing that way for me

I have been crunching off and on for TD for...well quite a while going back to late 2004/early 2005 when we were still crunching for UD...due to military commitments/injury sustained in the military there were times when my crunchers were offline because I was gone on an extended absence...

But now I am out of the Navy after six years with injuries somewhat healed and crunching more than ever!

I have many reasons for crunching for a cure to Cancer (and with the WCG project I can crunch alternately for another personal passion for cures for HIV as well! )...I have lost a few close friends and family to the ravages of cancer. It is such a devastating disease to not only the mind but the body...as well as mentally devastating to friends and family. This is something that at least in doing and being a part of I can have hope that with a collective effort like this we will find a cure.

wanabegeek
1917-1987
Premium Member
join:2007-06-11
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

4 recommendations

wanabegeek

Premium Member

Hi Everyone, I'm Sally, 55 yrs young, born, raised and still in Atlanta. Travel all over the great USA for my company. Previously in the clinical setting of health care now employed with a great company dedicated to specialized radiology equipment.
My Father died 20 years ago of lung cancer, my Mom is a breast cancer survivor. I have lost many family members and friends to cancer. Other passions of mine are cures for HIV, HCV as well as educational information to create a positive environment so those affected are treated with compassion.
You will never know how honored I am to be involved with such a terrific team working for the cure!
tmbeem
join:2001-06-14
Las Vegas, NV

3 recommendations

tmbeem to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Hi Everyone!

My nick is tmbeem, and my name is Tom. I'm 37, live in Las Vegas, NV and have Spina Bifida. I'm crunching in the name of my two Uncles. One who died of brain cancer and one who died of cancer of the lymph nodes. I'm a brand new member.
bronc0fan
Boogie
Premium Member
join:2002-02-26
Colorado Springs, CO

3 recommendations

bronc0fan to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name is Bob and I'm rejoining Team Discovery. I used to be a member with my old BBR name FatTireMan (using UD). Three of my grandparents died of cancer which is motivating me to rejoin.

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

4 recommendations

Michieru2 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
I am Michieru, (japanese for Michael) I am 18 y/o and a U.S Marine. I come from El Portal, FL and have been crunching since 07/22/07. Reasons for joining are private.
Expand your moderator at work

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

Re: [New Members] Introductions

^^^bump for our newer members^^

jerry666
Premium Member
join:2002-12-12
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

2 recommendations

jerry666

Premium Member

not a "new" member , just returning . 50 years old retired and crunching for all the Friends and family lost to cancer .
hope a cure is found soon .

NicoleDiana
Unexpected
Premium Member
join:2003-10-10
australia

3 recommendations

NicoleDiana to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Also not new...also returning.

Cancer took another family member in April of this year and that harsh reminder sent me back to Team Discovery.

My paternal grandfather died of colon cancer, my maternal grandfather died from Leukemia, an uncle died from Pancreatic cancer in '01 and his wife followed April of '07 (same disease), an uncle has bladder cancer, another uncle has colon cancer....it just doesn't seem to end. Also, like most of you here, MgKnight is a treasured friend of mine and his battle has brought me both tears and pride in the strength of survivors.

I crunch for my family, my friends and the strangers who might be spared this disease one day because of what we all do.

TSC is running on my main work computer and installed on three others (still can't login to activate them though). In the end, I expect 5-6 to be alternating between TSC and Folding.

Glad to be back amongst the good folks here. Crunch on!

echohype
love my life
join:2003-07-16
Camp Hill, PA

3 recommendations

echohype to bbrcat

to bbrcat

Re: [New Members Only] Introductions

Hello everyone! I'm Jimmy, 20, and a pre-med student. Wanted to join up because I have much interest in anything related to medicine and my father barely survived malignant melanoma. Hoping to help in any way I can to contribute towards the ultimate goal of finding a cure!

Vtblues
if you can't get out of it, get in to it
Premium Member
join:2006-05-29
Brookfield, VT

2 recommendations

Vtblues to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi, My name is Jeff, 48, from Vermont

AhnHEL
Angel
Premium Member
join:2000-09-11
Orlando, FL

2 recommendations

AhnHEL to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi all, my name is Angel from NYC. I'm a public servant by profession, always interested in helping others.

I had a spare box sitting around, and another computer that runs 24/7 as a syslog server (not very cpu intensive) so I figured I'd help out and am currently using the spare box for WCG, and the Syslog system for Team Helix Folding.

Nice to see so many others trying to help others.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

2 recommendations

JoelC707 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Lets see here. My name is Joel and I'm 22. I'm a system admin for my friends company but the title "system admin" hardly encompasses everything I do. Basically if it plugs into the wall in some fashion or runs on batteries I handle it. But it doesn't end there, I do budgets and planning as well. I'm an entire IT department all rolled into one neat package LOL.

I've wanted to join for a while but for a while I couldn't leave my computers alone long enough for it to be worth it. I still do to some extent but I don't have as much free time as I used to (read the first paragraph for why). Various illnesses have happened to my family (breast cancer, MS and Emphysema mainly) so I figured this is just one more way I can help out. I'm bringing about 8 computers into the task.

chris231989
join:2006-02-12
Joplin, MO

2 recommendations

chris231989 to bbrcat

to bbrcat
hi, i'm chris i'm 28 living in joplin,mo i'm a cust serivce rep for comcast for the next week till they comletly drop this location. will be workign with some prescription medicaid plan thingy after that. found this place when i was doin tech support for 1st.net(R.I.P.) out in ohio a few years ago. i love this place give me somthing stimulating to read allday and is almost the only contact with tech svvy people i have these days. i joined team discovery because i was already looking into seting up a bewolf cluster (just for fun really havn't figured out what app i would run on it)and the fact that they jerks that have hijacked a good portion of the worlds computers and have insane computer powers through there botnets, i figured i use my compting power for good not evil. figured if i'm gonna run 4 pc's 24/7 might as well do something rightous with em.
well sorry if this reads like a broken record, years of just im'ing and never acually writing normal things has ruined my grammar skills.
time for me to get back to work
-peace-

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

4 recommendations

La Luna to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Well, I've already introduced myself once in this thread, so I won't bore with the same details now that I'm able to crunch again.

However, I would like to add that one of my best friends has been diagnosed with a recurrence of cancer, she had been cancer free for 12 years! I'm glad to be able to be crunching again, at least I feel like I'm doing something for her and everyone else who suffers from this terrible disease.

Lizzie, you GO girl!!

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to bbrcat

Numquam oblita

to bbrcat
^^^Up to the top^^ for our newer members

Belinrahs
I have an ego the size of a small planet
Premium Member
join:2007-09-07
Nashville, MI

2 recommendations

Belinrahs to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hello, my name is Garret. I am crunching for Team Discovery / WCG because I know many people, plus my closest friend has Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I hope to help find a cure for this, and other diseases.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

3 recommendations

sansri88 to lilhurricane

Premium Member

to lilhurricane
Howdy, my name's Sriram and I'm a high school student and I just turned 16 last Sunday. I hail from the toxic waste dump of New Jersey =P Since I got a new quad core computer, and I leave it on overnight, I thought why not dedicated the CPU usage to good use.

RAMMIE
Premium Member
join:2000-10-23

2 recommendations

RAMMIE to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi everybody,my name is Mike.I am 48.Married to my lovely wife Donna for 24 yrs.2 children Ryan 22 Neil 17 and Skittles our canine child 14.We live in the St.Louis metro and I am a carpenter.I'm a DC gypsy and will be here for a couple of weeks before I move on.WCG name=RAMMIE.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane to bbrcat

Numquam oblita

to bbrcat
~bump~ for our newest members

av8r7
I'd Rather Be Flying
Premium Member
join:2002-06-14
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

2 recommendations

av8r7 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hello, all -

My name is Mark - I own a telecom company in So. Florida that has more CPU capacity than is absolutely needed, so I turned some of it over to crunch. I lost my sister to C 18 years ago, and my father earlier this month - so in order to help prevent others to have this type of loss...

Budo7
Budo7
Premium Member
join:2005-03-22
Edgewater, MD

2 recommendations

Budo7 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Names Patrick, from Maryland the place if you sit still long enough they will figure a way to tax you for it.:)
Lost my Dad to cancer and hope by doing this we can help prevent others from going through the same pain as he did.
ajeb
Premium Member
join:2002-04-18
Norristown, PA

1 recommendation

ajeb to lilhurricane

Premium Member

to lilhurricane
Andrew here from Pennsylvania. Been crunching for WCG for almost two years. Glad to see a more active team.

digdug
Premium Member
join:2008-02-01
Mount Vernon, WA
Google Wifi

1 edit

3 recommendations

digdug to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi, my name is Ray. I live in Mt Vernon, WA a few miles north of Seattle. I work as a vehicle dynamics engineer (in R&D) for a large truck manufacturer. Been following dslreports.com for a few years now & recently signed up.

I’m married with four teenage kids & have a few pc’s networked together for all to use. The majority of the time the pc’s do absolutely nothing, except of course a few hours a day (ok...with teenagers a bit more use than a few hrs/day!). Anyway, I found out about TSC on this website and simply thought why not?? as it's great way to help out & donate un-used processing power to a good cause!

Cam
Premium Member
join:2003-01-25
Luther, OK

3 recommendations

Cam to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Reintroduction...

I wanted to reintroduce myself. I was a active with crunching a few years back, but due to some changes in my life I was no longer able to be active. Now I'm really glad to be back.

I am Cam, I am in Oklahoma.

awmartin
join:2008-03-18
West Lafayette, IN

1 edit

3 recommendations

awmartin to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Hi everyone, my name is Andrew, I'm 21 and I go to Purdue University.

I am originally from San Francisco, although I don't plan on living there in the future (that place is just crazy). Anyways, I have been on WCG or a few years, and am happy to have found a group of people who really care about doing something good.

Slava
MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ

Slava to bbrcat

MVM

to bbrcat
Been a while,

"Bump"