Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

3 recommendations

sansri88 to lilhurricane

Premium Member

to lilhurricane

Re: [New Members Only] Introductions

Howdy, my name's Sriram and I'm a high school student and I just turned 16 last Sunday. I hail from the toxic waste dump of New Jersey =P Since I got a new quad core computer, and I leave it on overnight, I thought why not dedicated the CPU usage to good use.

RAMMIE
Premium Member
join:2000-10-23

2 recommendations

RAMMIE to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi everybody,my name is Mike.I am 48.Married to my lovely wife Donna for 24 yrs.2 children Ryan 22 Neil 17 and Skittles our canine child 14.We live in the St.Louis metro and I am a carpenter.I'm a DC gypsy and will be here for a couple of weeks before I move on.WCG name=RAMMIE.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane to bbrcat

Numquam oblita

to bbrcat
~bump~ for our newest members

av8r7
I'd Rather Be Flying
Premium Member
join:2002-06-14
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

2 recommendations

av8r7 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hello, all -

My name is Mark - I own a telecom company in So. Florida that has more CPU capacity than is absolutely needed, so I turned some of it over to crunch. I lost my sister to C 18 years ago, and my father earlier this month - so in order to help prevent others to have this type of loss...

Budo7
Budo7
Premium Member
join:2005-03-22
Edgewater, MD

2 recommendations

Budo7 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Names Patrick, from Maryland the place if you sit still long enough they will figure a way to tax you for it.:)
Lost my Dad to cancer and hope by doing this we can help prevent others from going through the same pain as he did.
ajeb
Premium Member
join:2002-04-18
Norristown, PA

1 recommendation

ajeb to lilhurricane

Premium Member

to lilhurricane
Andrew here from Pennsylvania. Been crunching for WCG for almost two years. Glad to see a more active team.

digdug
Premium Member
join:2008-02-01
Mount Vernon, WA
Google Wifi

1 edit

3 recommendations

digdug to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi, my name is Ray. I live in Mt Vernon, WA a few miles north of Seattle. I work as a vehicle dynamics engineer (in R&D) for a large truck manufacturer. Been following dslreports.com for a few years now & recently signed up.

I’m married with four teenage kids & have a few pc’s networked together for all to use. The majority of the time the pc’s do absolutely nothing, except of course a few hours a day (ok...with teenagers a bit more use than a few hrs/day!). Anyway, I found out about TSC on this website and simply thought why not?? as it's great way to help out & donate un-used processing power to a good cause!

Cam
Premium Member
join:2003-01-25
Luther, OK

3 recommendations

Cam to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Reintroduction...

I wanted to reintroduce myself. I was a active with crunching a few years back, but due to some changes in my life I was no longer able to be active. Now I'm really glad to be back.

I am Cam, I am in Oklahoma.

awmartin
join:2008-03-18
West Lafayette, IN

1 edit

3 recommendations

awmartin to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Hi everyone, my name is Andrew, I'm 21 and I go to Purdue University.

I am originally from San Francisco, although I don't plan on living there in the future (that place is just crazy). Anyways, I have been on WCG or a few years, and am happy to have found a group of people who really care about doing something good.

Slava
MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ

Slava to bbrcat

MVM

to bbrcat
Been a while,

"Bump"

madmax20005
Premium Member
join:2007-04-25
Lookout, KY

3 recommendations

madmax20005 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hello everyone, Im matt from lexington, ky and currently work at insight communications

I've been a member from dslr now for a while and decided to join a team, i plan on setting up a cluster of machines to do crunching or other assigned tasks at work and at home

Nanoprobe3
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula

1 edit

3 recommendations

Nanoprobe3 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat

Re: [Team Discovery New Members Only] Introductions

Hi all,

My name is David. I currently live in Orlando,Fl. Relocated here 3 years ago after 23 years in the keys. I currently work for Orange County Public Schools. Been at BBR since '03 and should have done this a long time ago. Lost my mom to cancer in 1986 and have had numerous skin cancers of my own surgically removed because of my prior line of work. This puter runs 24/7/365 so it was time to put it to work while I'm not face to face. Let's find a cure.
bsadlerjr
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Independence, MO

1 recommendation

bsadlerjr to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi everyone. I'm Bob, 46, from Missouri (Go Tigers).

Well, I guess I should give you some information about me here. Let's see, I'm currently waiting on the Gov., to give me a hearing date for my disability. I suffer with Chronic and excrutiating pain caused by Arnold-Chiari Malformation. The disease is when your Cerebral Tonsils to herniate (go down) into the Forum Magnum, where your brain-stem and spinal cord meet. When I turned 40, I began having issues with Migraines, back pain, etc. I went through the whole gamut of Doctors, none could tell me what was the problem, until I finally went out of Network (always works that way doesn't it?) Anyway, this doctor told me I suffered with this disease, and I should find a doctor that specializes in ACM Patients. So, I did some research and found a Neurosurgeon who did just that, only 2 hours away. It took 6 weeks to see him, all the while my workplace is getting a bit ansy about all my time off. In December of 03 my boss and I decided that I could work from home, until the time I go have surgery, then I would take medical leave. I finally got to see the Doctor, and he said I was a great candidate for surgery, but, he told me that there's no guarantee that my current symptoms would lessen.

So, I finally had surgery on March 15, 2004, one week after finding out my Father was dying from Small Cell Lung Cancer. It was pretty scary having surgery all by myself, but, I went thru with it (If someone hadn't actually driven me there I would have left). So, the staff took me to this room where I was told to undress and put on the surgery stuff. When I was doing this, my anaesthesologists (sp) came in to introduce himself, and I promptly threw-up on him Anyway, after getting myself all empty at the toilet, I apologized for the occurence, to which he laughed and said 9 out of 10 people do that, nothing personal. We talked about the drugs I would be given, and I told him morphine doesn't work on me, so we need something else in the pain pump. He was cool with this and we decided Fentanyl would be in the pain pump I got, and I would be given a dose of diladud every 6 hours. Then it was time to get on the table, get my pre-surgical shot and go off to dream land. I woke up in in ICU, searching for my pain button. I hit that little button 187 times in a 24 hour period Yes, it hurts when they put a whole in your head, open your Dura, and then poke around in your neck and brain Anyway, the pain in my back didn't lessen at all, although I stopped having migraines every other day

Anyway, that catches everyone up to this day, where like I said before, am waiting on the govt. I do live with my mother, because I made a promise to my father that I would watch over her until she goes to join him. It's been good and bad, I'm sure everyone understands that.

I did recently change my pain medicine. I was taking 360MG/Oxycodone a day, and it was not helping out as much as we needed, so I started taking Lyrica, and lo and behold, it worked. I had tried Nuerontin before and had no effect. I am pushing the limit on the Lyrica, taking 600MG a day, which they say is the upper-limit, but then again, they've never met me I have the same metabolism as my Father, I have a very high threshold for pain, so by the time I actually feel the pain, it's level 8 or higher. Not only that, but then some meds do nothing. Morphine is just like having water, and there have been others like that. So, I am very happy to be on Lyrica, but it does turn me dumb and uncoordinated. I've falled down more times in the last month, then in the past 7 years

Well, I hope that's enough from me, would love to hear from others in the group!

rockhounds_5
Premium Member
join:2004-07-29
Lewisville, TX

2 recommendations

rockhounds_5

Premium Member

Hi, I'm Malcolm from Texas, but not a native. South Carolina by birth, but grew up in Louisiana - both southern and northern.

I started my career as a geologist, then left in the late 90's to go to IT where I've been ever since. I work for a major telecom doing Microsoft server support on a large server farm.

My wife of 24 years and I have three children - two boys and a girl aged from 21 to 16.

My father died of brain cancer in 1990. My paternal grandmother lost a kidney to cancer. My wife lost her sister to a long battle with Hodgkin's. My mother was just diagnosed with inoperable cervical cancer (she's got Alzheimer's and is too weak for treatment). So, I've got some personal reasons among others to find new techniques or treatments for cancer. I leave my computer on 24x7, so it is chewing up power for nothing other that background processing. Time to use the electricity for some good other than to heat the house. Regards, Malcolm

z28kindaguy
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18
Brooklyn, MD

3 recommendations

z28kindaguy

Premium Member

I'm Joe. I've been in TD since 2003. I'm now a career fireman working in Virginia. I've was born, raised, and live in Maryland. I lost my grandmother to cancer when I was very young. Hopefully, we find the cure and get rid of it for good!
Doug135
join:2008-01-12
Laredo, TX

3 recommendations

Doug135 to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Hi everyone, my name is Doug, just like my screen name without the numbers, lol. I'm 19. I currently live in texas, originally born in North Carolina. Moved here because my dad went overseas. Even though I never had an experience, myself or my family, with cancer, I wanted to help since I know it is a bad disease and hopefully by help crunching, we can find a cure for it.
bess43
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
Richland, WA

4 recommendations

bess43

Premium Member

Sam here. Retired old fart. Hobbies are 4x4 wheeling and computers. Been crunching since seti started. TSC and rc5 are my main pursuits with bbr.

HFB1217
The Wizard Premium ExMod 2000-01

join:2000-06-26
Camelot SwFL

3 recommendations

HFB1217 to bbrcat

to bbrcat
I guess you can say I am part of the wood work here at BBR. If you do not know me I had been a Mod here for 2 years and the Host of three forums then as well.

I just go my way and try to continue to be of use and help here when I can.

Lost a Father and Younger Brother to Cancer and felt it was about to to try and help to make a difference.

waharper09
Premium Member
join:2009-01-23
Rocky Mount, NC

3 recommendations

waharper09 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
I am waharper, my name is Wade. I'm 33y/o. I'm a civil engineer. I was born in North Carolina, and is where I work. I'm crunching in memory of my dad.

TPS Reporter
Premium Member
join:2006-09-07
Goshen, IN

2 recommendations

TPS Reporter to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hey everybody. My name is Bill and I'm 39 y/o married and have a little boy who's 3. I'm in Hoosier country (Indiana) but originally from Arizona. I work in technical service (machinery). I just want to do my part and help out. Thanks.
Em Pugh
Premium Member
join:2000-06-23
North Richland Hills, TX

3 recommendations

Em Pugh to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name in Emlyn Pugh and am a new member to Team Discovery WCG. I have been crunching for a very long time in TSC, UD,and others. I just changed to WCG and got recognized as a new member.

I found out about about Team Discovery as a BBR member. I like to have my computers on all the time so why not put then to good use when I am not using them. I think that this is a worth while project to do.

I have not been very active in contributing to the forms but now that I have retired I will have more time. I used to have a lot of free time at work to browse the forms.

I retired from a community college where I was the media manager for 29 years. I installed high tech classrooms and maintained the equipment as well as taught teachers how to use it. Prior to this I worked for 17 years as a broadcast engineer.

mike5026
Premium Member
join:2007-09-30
Rockford, IL

2 recommendations

mike5026 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi I am mike5026 and my name is Mike. I am 22 and I currently work at home taking calls for several call centers. I currently live in Rockford, IL about 90 miles from Chicago, IL. I have two wonderful boys and they're age is 3 yrs old and the other one is about 19 months.

Siggurd
Premium Member
join:2009-05-05

1 edit

2 recommendations

Siggurd to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Howdy everyone!

I just joined Team Discovery, and am happy to use my computer to hopefully make a difference.

I'm 22, have been doing freelance (web development / design / graphic design) work for around 8 years now. I play lead guitar/mandolin in a rock/country band, work full time night audit at a hotel, part time web design / marketing, and taking full time classes starting the 27th this month.

Overall pretty busy, but I always try to make some time to help out if I can.

technovert
Premium Member
join:2007-06-14
Canada

2 recommendations

technovert to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
I'm not a new member, but I'm an old member coming back into the grid

eviLution
has left the building.
Premium Member
join:2002-01-03
Fall River, MA

1 recommendation

eviLution to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hey everyone!

My name's Thou and I'm new to the team.

I decided to join because I lost a really good friend a little over a year ago to cancer. I'd like to help as much as I could because it feels like I'm still helping her even though she is gone.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

1 recommendation

tmpchaos to bbrcat

Numquam oblitus

to bbrcat
I'm the shy, retiring one over in the corner.

royhandy9
Panem et circenses
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Yesterday

4 recommendations

royhandy9 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Joined the project. Was crunching for SETI but their servers are slow and I'm not getting any work right now. I read a post about one of your team members who passed and I though maybe rather than only looking for alien signals I could add WCG to my project list and maybe help do some good "locally".

Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

2 edits

2 recommendations

Gunga Din to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi all, I have been a supporter for some time though I was slacking and didn't actually join until 07/01/09.
I was thinking of joining several causes but decided that picking one team and gearing up for up for such would be for the best. I have a mom who died from Alzheimer's an uncle who died from cancer and a sister that I live with who has RSD. I am happy to become part of this team and just upgraded my CPU today from a Duo core2 to a Quad. So as of today I am running 24/7:

MB: Asus - P5NE-SLI
CPU: Quad Core - Q9550
Ram: 4G of ram
Video: GForce 8500GT 512MB

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

2 recommendations

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Good afternoon all!

I'm Joey and I'm 26 years old living in Florida. I own my own computer repair company and have been a BBR member for several years. I decided to join simply because too many people suffer from cancer year in and year out. A close friend of mine's father has been diagnosed with liver cancer recently and is not doing too well.

ronnieg56
A Survivor
Premium Member
join:2003-03-13
Gotham City

1 recommendation

ronnieg56 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
ronnieg56 (BBR) = ronnieg56 (WCG)