join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

3 recommendations

ironweasel to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat

Re: [New Members] Introductions

Jarrod, 26, from Albuquerque, NM.
Mechanic & IT Support by trade (figure those two out;) ).
I personally don't know anyone affected by cancer, but that doesn't mean I can't donate a machine or two for a worthy cause anyway.
theteamaster
join:2006-06-05
Irvine, CA

4 recommendations

theteamaster to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Well, I'm still in high school and yeah thats all. Non of my family had cancer, but I just thought I could volunteer cuz my cpu is on most of the time idleing.

CRendon
Premium Member
join:2006-02-24
Mexico

3 recommendations

CRendon to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name is Chris Rendon. I'm 26 y/o. I work for AT&T HSI as Tier 1 Tech Support (I know some of you hate us, but I also know I'm an excellent agent ) for Spanish members. I'm the kind of person who is always willing to help no matter how. Ex-Red Cross member. I'm still looking to get a college degree (choose the wrong career some years ago) and I live in Mexico city.

I joined because it was the right thing to do. No one is save.
fun2live4
join:2001-11-10
Hendersonville, TN

4 recommendations

fun2live4 to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Hello.

My name is Tom.

Have an uncle who just finished his second chemotherapy for colon cancer. Looks like he'll be fine but we'll have to wait and see.

Wanted to join before but didn't have the computing power but now with a new laptop with a Core Duo, I'll devote one cpu towards fighting cancer!!!

apriluofa
join:2006-06-15
Northport, AL

5 recommendations

apriluofa to bbrcat

to bbrcat
I'm April. I'm 23 (almost 24) year old woman from Northport, AL. I'm agoraphobic so I'm at home a lot. I love computers, just built a new one back in May. I spend a lot of my free time gaming or reading.

I joined because pretty much everyone in my family dies from cancer. Young or old it doesn't really matter, although thankfully most have gone when they're older. In the past 2 years alone I've been in the room when my grandfather (May 2004 at the age of 65) and my aunt (Feb 2006 at the age of 31) died from cancer. Lung and non-Hodgkins lymphoma respectively. So you can definitely say that finding a cure is very important to me.

Old_Grouch
Don't just sit there silly DO something
Premium Member
join:2004-05-26
Greenwood, IN

1 recommendation

Old_Grouch to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat

Re: [OT] Introductions

Welcome, David.

Set out a line and pull up a seat. We're glad to have ya!

Mercurybird
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
Hooks, TX

1 recommendation

Mercurybird to Dersgniw

Premium Member

to Dersgniw
said by Dersgniw:

Normally I need no introduction, but....

My name is Brian. I grew up outside of Detroit. I've also lived in Philadelphia, Indiana and Cincinnati. I currently live in s.e. Ohio in the sticks and work up in Columbus developing software. Next stop, your town. Can't say why I joined, but I'm definitely glad I did.
My wife and I spent about a year and a half in McConnellsville and Malta. I can't remember how to spell them now. It would have been about '83. I think it was a bad winter that year. We never got over to Athens though. That's a beautiful part of the country.:)

dmlandsons
Team Member
Premium Member
join:2004-06-18
Hayward, CA

5 recommendations

dmlandsons to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat

Re: [New Members] Introductions

Hi All, To you new members Welcome aboard.
My name is Duke. I am 55 years old and I have been married to my wife and best friend, Marylou for 37 years. We have two sons, ages 28 and 23. We our expecting the arrival of our 1st grandchild around the 10th of November. Isn't life Great!
I enjoy watching NASCAR when I have the time, and most all Major sports. Also home computing,movies,music,really lots of stuff. My favorite website along with this one is »www.llangley.com/yoga/wi ··· w[2].htm
I do consulting and computer service and repair, Along with my favorite of all Classic Car Restoration.
Glad to be a member of Team Discovery a great Team.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

2 recommendations

David to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hmmm, the dark force compelled me to reply.

Well my name is David, I am 31yrs old (working on 32 and gray hair). I work for at&t/SBC as a network & data center technician working on anything from DSL and just about any form of internet questions that can be posted in the direct forum. I kind of feel like a "scoop to nuts" type of tech.

I went to college at ranken tech here in the STL area for electronic and telephone communications. Worked on all kinds of things from radio, to telephone equipment while in college. Worked for the FBI for a short amount of time working on conference room setups, cybercrime, and pedophile tracking. Worked for a parking equipment company for a short amount of time, as well as an audio-visual company.

A married man as of last year around this time, my wife Jamers See Profile puts up with me. How she does it is beyond me and truthfully I probably won't question it.

Been here on bbr for just about as long as it's been here. I think Justin probably knows who I am well before now. I work with many that hang out here including MrFixitCT See Profile, MrsFixitSC See Profile, Darren3 See Profile, MarkM See Profile, owlhooter See Profile, Matthew See Profile, kmac1 See Profile, SQiRL See Profile, invrtdpilot See Profile, core network See Profile, wolverine_99 See Profile, RazznCain See Profile, rovernet See Profile, Dennis See Profile, dslbrian, mik0r See Profile, Beatmeup See Profile, avatarjl See Profile, PondTech See Profile and many others too numerous to list.

I listen to a lot of trance music, at work and at home. Yes I am a trance junkie. The guys are trying to get me to play WoW (with MarkM See Profile leading the charge!)

I am more of a hardware/software geek than anything. I build some things and repair others.

danny9
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Premium Member
join:2002-07-14
Clinton Township, MI

3 recommendations

danny9 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi, my name is Dan.
Born and raised in Detroit.
Work in retail Mgt.
Looked for aliens out there, somewhere.
Decided I could help look here, for a cure and benefit some people here on earth.
DirtyCharmed
join:2002-01-17
Spokane, WA

2 recommendations

DirtyCharmed

Hello my name is Erin *hi Erin*
And I'm a...I mean, crap, wrong list!

*waves*
I'm 21 years old, from Montana originally but I live in Spokane (Eastern) Washington now, and I've had family members from ALL my families (I was adopted and am now married) die from cancer. I'm also a computer geek/forensic science major so just kind of interested in general. Kinda poor so I can't donate money, but CPU cycles I can donate.

Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium Member
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

6 recommendations

Owlbet to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hello fellow crunchers. My name is Debbie. I'm a transplanted Yankee (Pittsburgh, PA) now living for the past 25 years in Alaska. I lived in Anchorage for 18 years before finally purchasing a home in Palmer. I'm married (25 years) and childless by choice.

I'm a number cruncher (accountant) for a large Alaska retailer. I was in public accounting for six years and I got tired of income taxes and accounting for my time (being "billable") and went back to my first love which is retail accounting.

My Mom beat colon cancer and my Dad beat prostrate cancer, but lung cancer has shown up in my Dad. He's undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. He's adamant, he doesn't want to go the surgical route. Bone cancer claimed my beloved dog Rocky's life and I figure anything that can help humans can help our animal companions.

I'm crazy for ECHL Hockey. It's something to do during the long, dark, cold winters here. Soon, we will have an Arena Football team. I have lots of other interests as well, but they are too numerous to list here.

MarkM
Premium Member
join:2004-03-22
Saint Peters, MO

2 recommendations

MarkM

Premium Member

I am currently posting in here because lilhurricane told me to and Beach Boy gave me trouble about it.

lonls
Life is good
Premium Member
join:2006-03-20
Newark, DE

4 recommendations

lonls to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hey there... My name is John Greene, I'm 50 years old and I live in Newark Delaware. I've been married to my darling wife Susy for almost 26 years... We have two sons, Max is 23 and a second year law student at RWU in Rhode Island, Alex is 19 and an undeclared sophomore at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs NY.
I have work for a major office machine corporation for almost 27 years. I used to be a field tech working on production printers and copiers, and now I'm "rented out" to a financial institution to ride herd on all of their copiers, printers and fax machines. I basically come in, make sure everything is working and then wait for problems... I have a lot of time to browse the web... for now.
My hobbies are PCs, digital photography, music and reading. I walk... a lot, and family is the most important thing to me in the world.

Pictures here: »mysite.verizon.net/vze3jq4f/ this site is in serious need of updating...
lonls

1 edit

lonls to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
PS... My avatar is my cat Pete... he is 10 and has liver cancer (we and the vet think)... We give him steroids to make him hungry, he eats like a pig and he seems to be doing OK for now. He's a real sweetie.

Edit: avitar-avatar... learn to spell already...

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL
ARRIS TM1602

4 recommendations

Tursiops_G to bbrcat

MVM

to bbrcat
Hi!

I'm Tursiops_G See Profile and my name is John. I've been a member of BBR for almost 5 years.

I am 49, and I hail from from Norwalk, Connecticut.

I work in Electronics Engineering (25 Years now with my current company), and have been an Electronics Hobbyist ever since the age of 15.

I'm a US Navy Veteran (where I began my Career in Electronics), and the first real Computer system that I ever worked on was a DEC PDP-08/M (Yeesh, I'm REALLY dating myself now...)

Anyway, I had been interested in Distributed Computing ever since the start of SETI@Home, but I never actually got around to doing anything with it... (Until Today).

Why did I choose UD? - I figured that if I was going to do something involving DC, Cancer Research would be the most important thing to do.

-Tursiops_G.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
join:2005-06-29
Florence, SC

1 edit

3 recommendations

hayabusa3303 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Good day to you girls and guys.

Im Mike 33 for now till next year i hope . I work in the transportion business in south carolina.

Born here in south carolina but moved to north carolina and chicago and now back down here away from teh snow..lol

Joined to the fact that my mom has breast cancer and had the kids computer idling too much so its busy now.

Today is it first day of cruching and it will cruch till it dies or till i get some servers in here(soon).

Edit i should also say pic of me and the hayabusa is in the pic section if you dont know what a hayabusa is..

NicoleDiana
Unexpected
Premium Member
join:2003-10-10
australia

2 edits

4 recommendations

NicoleDiana to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
You mean I didn't already post here? I guess that is what happens when you spend more time lurking than you do posting.

For starters, I'm an old team member that fell off the grid, so to speak, but returned this year after being harshly reminded of what it is that we are fighting. Four people close to me battled cancer for the first or second time in 2006 alone and that feeling of helplessness is actually lessened when I hear my CPU fan buzzing all night because the client is running.

My name is Nicole, by the way. I am a 32 year old single (divorced) mom of two fuzzy children: Muffin and the new baby dane, Bailey.

Second only to my pets is my love for all things tech so when I do shed my loner skin and venture out, I'm usually at Best Buy (or PetSmart, of course), a bookstore or the library.

Anyway, that's my condensed story. It is nice to meet all of you!

fire100
Premium Member
join:2001-11-21
Twin Lake, MI

1 edit

4 recommendations

fire100 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
I am fire100 See Profile and my name is Mark. I have been around for some time on both the site and Team Discovery. I recently just had my fourth anniversary crunching in November.

I live in Twin Lake Michigan and my passion is teaching and my weather. I upload data to my site , Weather Underground, Michigan's Adventure as well as our local TV station and NOAA using the CWOP program. In addition I am an official weather watcher for our local TV station WZZM-13 as well as through ARES/RACES.

I enjoy life with my wife and two boys. We our season pass holders to the amusement park above and visit at least twice a week in the summer. I love to ride wooden rollarcoasters with my kids.

I work for a small to midsize company and perform many roles from Network Administration to Accounting, if it's a front office function, I can do it. I am also continuing my education going for my MBA with a concentration in Leadership Studies (only seven more classes to go!).

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to bbrcat

Numquam oblita

to bbrcat
~bump~

TheGeeze
Premium Member
join:2002-07-17
united state

6 recommendations

TheGeeze to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name is Mike and I'm a 56 year old native Houstonian. I'm a senoir R&D chemist in the drilling fluids division of "the company formally run by Dick Cheney".

My mother and several other friends have passed on because of cancer. Since I have a few computers I can dedicate to crunching, it seems like the right thing to do.

lotguru55
join:2002-02-06
Newburgh, NY

3 recommendations

lotguru55 to bbrcat

to bbrcat
Jeff G. here I have been a member for some time now I was doing UD but had software problems so I switched to TSC. I had almost 6000 and was in the roster until the other day when it removed me. Been doing have been home recovering from my seventh knee surgery and becoming a chacha search engine guide.

BBR name: lotguru55

TSC name: lotguru55

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA
·Charter
Hitron E31N2V1

4 recommendations

suprleg to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Whew, I almost missed this thread. I'm Kurt, I hail from the Syracuse, N.Y. area, however after attending Syracuse University my HS sweetie and I hit the road for parts unknown and ended up in Southern California where we’ve managed to make a living and two daughters as well as two Grandchildren. I’ll have 30 years in the Carpenter’s after ’07 and we plan on selling and moving to NC in ’08. Why did I join TD and FAH? I think its high time people universally started thinking of the earth and its inhabitants as one family and put “we” in front of “me”.

streetmedik
Just an Ole Streetmedik
join:2004-12-17
Henryetta, OK

4 recommendations

streetmedik

Howdy, I am Robert, a trauma junkie from Oklahoma. 47 single, and taking applications to fix that . I really would like to go to Hong Kong or Nakhodka, Russia for a year or 2. All I need is to find someone to sponsor my visa.

I have a emachine T6520 (an in not overclockable . My DSL provider is SBC/AT&T/Yahoo/whoever they are this week. I have 3000/512 connection with a 2wire 1000SW (that I am not thrilled with). want more speed (don't we all) but cant convince the powers that be to give it a try even at 4000 or 5000. So oh well, could be worse.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

3 edits

2 recommendations

signmeuptoo94 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
OOOOPS:

Forgot I already posted about myself, but what the hey, here's more (like you really want to be bored to death, huh?):

How DO!

I am signmeuptoo, aka bucky, aka my real name withheld (due to harassment concerns of some DSLR trolls who won't leave me alone).

I am a former Photonics/Semiconductors Industry Junior Engineer/Technologist and grad of the leading LEOT college in the USA. I am disabled due to a health issue but actively working on NOT continuing disabled. I have been getting rehabilitation and have been working towards starting an entire new career in truck driving hopefully, if my body proves it can take it. An attempt on my life years ago put my life in a tail spin.

I crunch both Team Discovery projects and participate with Team Helix too. I am regularly encouraging people in other forums to come join us over here; I don't know if any have joined because of this, but I try. I implore my fellow members to also do this: suggest to others to join when you can, there IS nothing wrong with some moderate "evangelism" for the cause!

I have a passion for physics, optics, science, fishing, music (I have an off center taste in music, loving Fusion and Progressive arts), a former semi-pro guitarist. Cooking is another hobby, and back in the old days I liked to rappel.

I have lived all over the USA and my wife is a Filipina, so all things Pinoy are of interest to me as well. I am a proud daddy (the single most important and treasured part of my life was raising two step daughters and now a son).

My heroes are Dr. W. Edwards Deming, R. Buckminster Fuller, Nikolai Tesla, Abraham Lincoln (who battled with mental illness while struggling to hold a wife and nation together), Larry Coryell (an innovator of Jazz Fusion) and countless other men and women who have proved to have greatness. I will never be such a man, but I like to dream anyways.

My thing of greatest value is LOVE. While it has many forms, LOVE is the glue that keeps the human race from destroying the planet, if we didn't love, we would all be dead by now.

I am VERY worried about global warming and have given up on my political party because of it.

BTW: I used to work at our labs and I can tell you from personal knowledge that our nation's most brilliant scientists are ***ALL*** GRAVELY concerned about the planet, for instance, the polar ice caps will be gone is just a few decades and billions will perish. Sorry to end on that note, but any of you driving planet killers should think about that. Cars are THE greatest polluter of the planet, by FAR.

I lost my mom from cancer and emphysema, and, worse, from progressive depression. I still ache inside over her loss at a way too young age, she inspired me in a number of ways as a boy and I am furious with the tobacco companies who killed her. Yes, she made the choices, but THEY got her hooked and kept her addicated, all the tobacco companies are is "legal" drug pushers, and just like the song says, "god dag the pusherman!"

Edit: I have to mention, like Aggie Dan and some other here, I am an Aggie, oh well, at least a semi Aggie (my techical college used to be an "extension" of A&M's long arm. The reason Aggie jokes are so popular is because Aggies can take a joke as good or better than anyone!

I applaud all my fellow cruchers and folders, may God and The Heavens bless all of you, and your loved ones!

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to bbrcat

Numquam oblita

to bbrcat
Bumping for our newest members

SeArChEr63
Searcher
Premium Member
join:2002-03-29
Dog House MI

3 recommendations

SeArChEr63 to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name is Rick, 58 I've been around here for quite some time. Charter member at HughesNet, Discovery, Helix. I was gone for a couple years and just returned to DISCO.
Diagnostic Eng. for OnStar, IT coordinator at Engineering group Renaissance Center 400 tower.
Live in SE Michigan, born Key West FL. Fighting Lupus for 25 years.
Lost Mom and Gramma to cancer, Sister to Nephritis, 2 aunts to breast cancer. So I crunch all I can.
Happy to be back here.

Gooiool
May God bless you.
Premium Member
join:2006-11-27
Fort Smith, AR

5 recommendations

Gooiool to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Well I thought I would join do to the fact I have juvenile diabetes. Type 1 and have had it for more than 17 years.
So I guess it's not juvenile anymore ,lol.

I have a few old computers laying around so I got out the hub and router and set one up .

More about me I'm disabled due to fact of diabetes. I have nerve damage in both legs. That why I'm on the keyboard a lot now.
Well glad to be on board .......

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

4 recommendations

kfsutops to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
My name is Ken. I am 38 (wow did I really say that). Currently employed as a Financial Analyst for a fortune 500 company. Which basically means I am involved with a lot of different stuff.

Originally from the Tampa area in Florida. I served four years in the US Navy from 86-90. Graduate from FSU in 96. Lived in So Florida (Boynton Beach area) for about eight years finally moving back to the Tampa are just over approximately two years ago.

Single with no kids and currently working on my Masters.

I feel like I just completed a singles ad.

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

5 recommendations

Akasha to bbrcat

Premium Member

to bbrcat
Hi Team Discovery!
Meet your newest member (as of about a half hour ago!)
I don't even think my spinner is showing up yet!

My name is Laura.

I'm located in Northeastern Ohio. Been here all my life.

I joined Team Discovery because I work for an Otolaryngologist (Ears, Nose and Throat doctor) and I see cancer patients everyday! I also lost my mother-in-law to cancer in 1994. My husbands side of the family has lost several members (Grandmother, Aunt, Uncle) to cancer so anything that I can do to help, I'm gonna do it!