Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10006
Date: 1/21/2006
Time: 4:14:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AD-2
Description:
DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer %servername% when attempting to activate the server:
{D99E6E73-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3}

Does anyone know what causes these in the event viewer. I get quite a bit of these on my domain controllers. According to this article and other articles it can be ignored, but I don't have MOM or a situation the same as others that get the error. I just want to figure out why they are happening and what I can do to make them stop. Anyone have any experience with them. I have googled and I can not find a situation that is the same as mine. I hate to see a cluttered event viewer with a big red x.

fuzz
Fuzz
Premium Member
join:2000-06-05
FuzzLand

fuzz

Premium Member

See if this helps....

»support.microsoft.com/de ··· s;330341

boognish
Premium Member
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA

1 edit

boognish

Premium Member

I read that earlier. We do not have exchange 2000 or the conferencing pack. We do have exchange 2003, but only one server.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

1 recommendation

andyb to boognish

Premium Member

to boognish
maybe one of these posts will be an answer ?
»www.eventid.net/display. ··· &phase=1

boognish
Premium Member
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA

boognish

Premium Member

Thanks for that link.
quote:
Error "Class not registered" - This error can be generated when using Veritas Backup Exec to backup the system state on a remote computer. See Veritas Knowledgebase for Document 2029185 - "Selecting an ADV server in backup selections causes a DCOM error". The bottom line is that if Cert. Services aren't installed on the remote, this error will appear, but it can be ignored.

This seems to be the most likely cause off of that page. I will give it a shot and see what happens.
boognish

boognish to andyb

Premium Member

to andyb
»seer.support.veritas.com ··· 8513.htm

This does seem to be the most likely culprit. I will give it a try. Thank you for your help.