Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to DeeC

Premium Member

to DeeC

Re: my ipod photo won't turn off!

I know that. But, friend, those programs often don't work right. For some reason, I can't get Ephpod to work right with my iPod. Wouldn't it be nicer if you just didn't need such programs?

Also, I have had problems getting the programs that work in Linux to work right. Sometimes I have to totally redo the iPod by rebuilding it. And I can't use Ephpod in Windows and gtkpod in Linux at the same time (I don't mean simultaniously, but that I can't use Ephpod without it making gtkpod not work for some reason, some issue with the iPod database.

All your statements are true, but so are mine. That is our middle ground, neither of us are wrong. I just find that using the iPod to be a PITA. It will be quite a while before I can afford it, but I will get a Cowon.

In any event, now that I have XM radio, I use my iPod less.

Stewart D
@cox.net

Stewart D

Anon

I also just noticed that now that I'm having this problem the iPod also isn't playing correctly in my Bose Sound Dock. Only the left speaker is working while the right speaker makes a squeking sound.

I know that it's not the Bose doc because my girlfriend's iPod works fine in it.

I'm gonna let the battery drain down all the way. Hopefully, all will be well when I bring it back up.

DeeC
Premium Member
join:2000-09-01
the world

DeeC to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
The ipod wasn't designed for Linux..... anytime you take a product and try to make it into something it wasn't designed for, EXPECT PROBLEMS....... just don't complain when they happen .....

Like buying a car and expecting it to fly .......

Weird, I have a 3G ipod, older than your mini..... use with it iTunes and Copypod ....no issues. The only time I even remotely had a problem was when I didn't update the firmware on the 3G or update iTunes..... no other time (knock, knock on wood) ....:)

I'll wait until Sirius is intergrated into the ipod ...instead of having yet another portable something to carry around....:p