join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Netgear CM1150V
Netgear R7800

mb6 to Insder

to Insder

Re: Introducing... Verizon Direct... our new forum

said by Insder:

I assume you have computer knowledgeable techs who will try and fix it instead of placing blame.
If your assumption is correct, it is a worthwhile venture. The last issue that I had that required high level technical intervention to resolve was dealt with by an individual who was part of a very small group of techs. He explained that there were a dozen or so people in his group and they were ultimately responsible for millions of customers. Consequently, they were not easy to get access to. He had direct access to an MCO engineer who manually programmed my card in the ASAM at the CO in real time and rectified the issue. In this case the card was mis-configured for ADSL2+ and that caused the automated system that completes the install to repeatedly reject the job. Bottom line is that it is a good thing to have access to higher level techs!
Insder
There never was a second I in my name
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Salem, MA

Insder

Premium Member

Let's hope some of these techs are computer saavy then.
bevross
join:2004-09-10
College Park, MD

bevross to mb6

to mb6
said by Insder:
... The last issue that I had that required high level technical intervention to resolve was dealt with by an individual who was part of a very small group of techs ...
Doesn't mean VZ Direct people have that level of knowledge? I still think it's a waste not to let other people see responses (with provisions to let some info be private).
Insder
There never was a second I in my name
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Salem, MA

Insder

Premium Member

For some reason your quote came out wrong, I believe mb6 See Profile said that. The reason is that numbers are exchanged often, and it's for the user's privacy.