Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

walliser

join:2002-01-27
Philadelphia, PA
reply to G_Poobah

Re: The beginning of the end proposed

Bit overly dramatic, don't you think? The original quote was quite different and way more troubling. banning books... as if people read anyway...

Reading up on the linked page, this is specifically related to video on demand, and not regular programming. Why would one want to record video on demand anyway?
Over the air or regular programming, now that is different. I have no problem with recording for personal (household anyone) use, but recording and then flooding the internet with it, that is something even I have to say is where I draw the line. One can argue about the effectiveness of what HBO intends to do or what it will later on lead to, but once again, what is the point in recording VOD content?

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

True, it is on demand and there when you want it so why should anyone need to record it to "view later"?

jimi419
Dadof4

join:2002-03-14
Round Lake, IL

not to play the devils advocate but the VOD chocies r always changing not like a month from now u can watch a movie that was there today at least on comcast

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY
kudos:4
reply to Skippy25

If I'm not mistaken. On Adelphia, you can't record any VOD on your DVR. Or at least on Adelphia's DVR's