uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xela19115

join:2000-10-06
Richboro, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

HBO Petitions FCC To Prevent DVR Recording

As far as I know Comcast does not let its customers to time-shift any VOD content (SVOD including) at all. Neither to the DVR or through a IEEE-1394 to PC's or D-VHS recorders. It's already hosted on VOD server so there is really no need to time-shift or record it (their opinion, not mine). A user is allowed to record it via analog ports to a regular VCR or TiVO but that's it, nothing else. No digital copies.

AreSee

join:2000-09-20
Atlanta, GA
True. I've had situations where I've ordered a new release from Comcast VOD, recorded it using MCE, and it expires 48hrs later.
--
Formerly DSLWho

Gelroos
Mad Mage
Premium
join:2003-05-23
Washington, DC
reply to Xela19115
Wrong, I regularly stream SVOD from my Comcast DVR to a 1394 capture and record it. Here in SJ where I live, the 1394 port on my box simply mimics whatever is on the screen, minus the menu overlay. I just start the SVOD, pause it at the beginning, then start the capture on the PC, then hit play... No biggie, I do it with a lot of stuff I want to archive, either from DVR, VOD, or SVOD, in either HD or standard.
--
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure.The "Tree of Liberty" letter From Thomas Jefferson to William Smith

Gunner56

join:2004-01-29
Carmel, IN
reply to Xela19115
said by Xela19115:

As far as I know Comcast does not let its customers to time-shift any VOD content (SVOD including) at all. Neither to the DVR or through a IEEE-1394 to PC's or D-VHS recorders. It's already hosted on VOD server so there is really no need to time-shift or record it (their opinion, not mine). A user is allowed to record it via analog ports to a regular VCR or TiVO but that's it, nothing else. No digital copies.
Hmmm, well not sure I agree. While at my buddies place for the Superbowl, we DVR'd the 'Lingerie Bowl' (which starts at halftime and is a 2 hour long $20 PPV show) so we could watch the rest of it after the Superbowl was over. Worked out nicely. Got to enjoy the 'uniform malfunctions' during the L.Bowl. We just ordered it up, hit record, and went back to the Superbowl for the 2nd half; no problems.