Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TelecomJunky2
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Kansas City, MO

Right hand vs Left hand

Yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Time Warner cable and HBO are part of the same company. Time Warner Cable is pushing DVRs to get and retain customers. HBO is trying to block DVRs.

Aside from the fact Time Warner needs to get its ducks in a row. Why does HBO just tell Time Warner Cable to add the simple code to their DVR to not allow recording on the PPV and On-Demand channels.

Yes, people could still get a 3rd party DVR or they could record those channels on other cable systems, but at least they would accomplish their goal to a very large portion of the cable market. And it would be completely legal, no different than the macro recording blocks that already exist in many video formats. But I guess you would actually have to have a brain to think of something so obvious.

This new evidence of miscommunication combined with the AOL/Time Warner Cable flubs of the last 5 years, it would seem Mr. Icahn is making more sense every day with his calls to break up Time Warner in to 4 companies.
--
-----»hotcarl.diaryland.com

lgkahn
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Londonderry, NH

well if I buy a vod and watch I sure as hell don't want to pay again so my wife can watch it.. I already paid.. that is bull

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to TelecomJunky2

It may be old fashion.....

Get a good S-VHS tape, put it in your VCR set the timer for the show desired, then plug your cables into your video capture card on your desktop and convert it to the format of your choice. Of course if your VCR has always flashed 12:00, 12:00, 12:00, 12:00, 12:00, 12:00, 12:00
you may be out of luck;)
--
Low voltage Tech's are wimps, Real tech's use 45 pound filament transformers, plate voltages no less then 2400 volts with at least 10 amp's lighting 8877 triodes...BPL I'm coming to get you.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL
reply to TelecomJunky2

Re: Right hand vs Left hand

said by kcnetinc :
Yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Time Warner cable and HBO are part of the same company. Time Warner Cable is pushing DVRs to get and retain customers. HBO is trying to block DVRs.
They know exactly what they are doing. It is like Sony selling the vcr, being able to record shows and movies. Then when Sony buys Columbia Pictures everything changed. No longer was copying a show or movie a good thing. Still Sony sold vcr's to be able to record shows and movies. The same goes with selling blank DVD's.

brooklynman4

join:2004-09-07
Brewster, NY
reply to Transmaster

Re: It may be old fashion.....

They can Just download it to the ipod video and post it on the net thats also why they riffing