spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vidmag
join:2004-12-05
Little Rock, AR

vidmag

[CATV] Local NASCAR Blackout

Well, at least it FEELS like a local blackout of NASCAR. NBC just switched over to the Olympics from NASCAR qualifying (which I was watching off-air in HD since Charter doesn't offer HD here) and sent qualifying to SPEED channel (which Charter also doesn't offer here.) I've waited a year for Charter to get just basic cable channels, not to mention other services like HD, DVR, and HSI. I'm sick of it. I think it is finally time to cancel this service and move on to Dish or DTV. Hope everyone else has better luck with Charter than I have.

David
MrBeetle9
join:2004-02-01
Madison, WI

MrBeetle9

I'd place the blame with NBC, not Charter.
Expand your moderator at work
budone
join:2002-09-07
Coopersville, MI

budone to vidmag

to vidmag

Re: [CATV] Local NASCAR Blackout

Mr Beetle is correct, this was an NBC decision. But we had TNTHD to see the Bud Shootout
vidmag
join:2004-12-05
Little Rock, AR

vidmag

Maybe it was NBC's decision to break away to Speed channel, but I guess it is actually my fault for keeping a cable service for the last year that 1) lied to me about what was available before I signed up, 2) promised upgrades that have not happened, 3) and have generally not kept up with the rest of the industry (at least where I live). As for TNTHD, Charter has no HD in this area period. I'm glad Mr. Beetle and other folks are happy with Charter, because I am not.