The Chick
Gnomes Are Not Food.
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
London, ON

The Chick

Premium Member

[WGR614 v6] Port Forwarding not working

I just hooked up the WRG614, and upgraded the firmware. We only have on PC and the XBOX on the router, both hard wired, and wireless disabled. I am trying to get port forwarding working, but although it appears to be enabled, from looking at the program it clearly is not.

Is this a recognized bug, or am I missing something?
wongnog
join:2005-12-20
Markham, ON

wongnog

same question, same issue. I have port forwarded TCP/UDP port 1720 for using with Azureus/uTorrent but both report NAT error. So do port scanning sites like ShieldsUp!. I have upgraded router to the latest firmware and am currently a bit confused...

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to The Chick

Premium Member

to The Chick
Have you got DMZ selected by any chance??
Anav

Anav to The Chick

Premium Member

to The Chick
For P2Pers etc, I recommend three routers.

a. zyxel x-550 (with mimo wifi and USB port for windows quick connect via XP - d/l router wifi settings and then upload to all PCs) on special at JRMusic $69.
b. trendnet tew611brp(with mimo wifi) on special newegg $48.
c. dlink dgl 4300 (with gigabit ports) - who cares.

All have the ubicom streaming engine/chipset. Seems to work great for users thus far.
wongnog
join:2005-12-20
Markham, ON

wongnog

I didn't have DMZ selected, but I figured out a workaround. I had to disable the SPI firewall otherwise apps like uTorrent and Azureus would report NAT error. Also if I tried a port scan on the port I had forwarded, they would appear to be in stealth mode or closed; I used these sites:
»www.grc.com/x/portprobe=1720
»www.utorrent.com/testpor ··· ort=1720
These require your bittorrent app to be running and a torrent active. Can anyone else confirm they must disable SPI firewall in order for port forwarding to work correctly?