spc
Search similar:

uniqs
johnwohl
join:2006-01-17
Fargo, ND

johnwohl

SciAtlanta DPC2100 supported?

Hey, I could pick up a DPC2100 for real cheap and get rid of this 5 year old Bestdata modem, cableone says they support the DPX2100 but the DPC2100 shouldn't be much different right? Anyone know if they have firmware for this modem?

InClarksdale
@cableone.net

InClarksdale

Anon

»help.cableone.net/cable/cm/
Lists the Cableone certified cable modems, so it is not supported. It may work, of course, but I would not pay money for a modem you knew you could never get support from CableOne for while it was on your line. From my brief visit to the SciAtlanta site, you will not get any support there either.

Aramis604
I Represent Nobody But Myself.
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
Poway, CA

Aramis604 to johnwohl

Premium Member

to johnwohl
That modem is not supported by Cableone. Your better off getting a Motorola SB5100, SB5120, or a Linksys.

apathetic
@cox.net

apathetic

Anon

Easy rule of thumb - if it is not on the list of approved cable modems, they will *NOT* support it in any way, shape, or form - there are many reasons for this (too many to go into) Suffice it to say that the modems on the approved list have been tested on their network.

And chances are good that the modem won't be allowed on the network anyway, and if it is, don't count on it lasting.