uniqs

KiloDelta
KiloDelta - The Thin Blue Line-
join:2004-01-13
Ontario

1 recommendation

KiloDelta

BF2 Patch Soloution!

Ok people check this out. after surfing the net for hours i may have come up with a solution for the invisble buildings and realllll bad lagg problem.after isntalling the patch I got these problems and I tried this solution and it worked for me. Still said optimizing shaders but i let it go and it worked!I didnt use the demo technique just installed the game without any patches instead. It worked for me hopefully it works for you. Whoever thought of this solution is a god!!!

[This is meant for users who are experiencing the "invisible building problem"]
ok this time im pretty sure about this solution:
The problem: Game doesnt like rendering in 1.4 shaders anymore and the 9200 series only supports up to 1.4 shaders...

so here's what i did:
Goal: Use optimized shaders from previous versions of Bf2 that worked with the 9200 or other 1.4 pixel shader video cards. (copy and paste the shader files from older versions that worked and replace the new ones)
1) Download and install the Battlefield 2 demo. (You can use previous versions of Battlefield 2. I just find using the demo a lot easier and more organized.

2) Run the demo and set your video settings / other options to your liking.

3) Exit out of the demo and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and delete everything in there.

4) Go back into the demo and join a server and let the game optimize your shaders. If the game runs fine (ie to your liking) then continue to step 5. If not, repeat steps 2-4).

5) Afterwards, exit out of the game and go to
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
And delete everything in there. (this is not the demo folder)

6) Run the actual game and make sure the video settings / other options are exactly the same as the one as you had in the demo.

7) Join a server and you should see the game optimizing shaders. When you start playing..the buildings are going to be invisible / messed up and you will get massive lag. This is normal. Exit out of the game now.

Go into the demo folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and you shall see a folder with a really long name. Go inside the folder and you should see about 55 files. Select ALL of the files and copy. (crtl+c).

9) Now go into your BF2 directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and go inside the folder with the really long name. DELETE EVERYTHING IN THERe (leave none alive).

10) Now paste the files you had from the demo cache folder into this folder. Now run the game and hopefully you shouldn’t see a “optimizing shaders for best performance” when loading a server… Good luck and have fun

NOTE: I do not accept any responsibility for destruction (there should be none btw)
KiloDelta

KiloDelta

Well did it work for anyone else??
Post your results, if ya want?

dado2
@cpe.net.cable.rogers

dado2 to KiloDelta

Anon

to KiloDelta
I can only tell you; God bless you Aries,it works perfect for me.
All beer on me man
Thank you