All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chrishesketh
join:2006-02-22

chrishesketh

3Com Router issues??

I have a 3com 3CRWE754G72-A wireless router. I have a desktop connected via ethernet, and a laptop via wireless, and a PDA also connected via wireless. All systems get their IP via DHCP. Both pcs run XP Pro SP2. I have noticed occ, mainly when the router has been on a while, that I cannot access HTTP web pages, but I can update antivirus, and get E-Mail. I check the ipconfig, with IPCONFIG /ALL, and everything seems OK, I access the routers setup, and it tells me Im connected to the internet. I have upgraded to the latest firmware from the 3com site (V1.27). I have even told the router which DNS servers to use, rather than get them from the ISP, as per the ISP website, but this still happens. Also if the router is left on a while, I lose wireless connectivity. All things return to normal if I reboot the router. I suspect the HTTP issue to be a DNS problem with the router, but not sure how to cure this.

Anyone any ideas at all, as its becoming a pain, to reboot the router if I am in the middle of something.

Rgrds

Chris
chrishesketh

chrishesketh

BTW, I have had a reply from 3COM. They say the hardware may be faulty and I should buy a new one!!!!!! Find this hard to believe from the manufacturer.