All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
LanLord
join:2003-01-13
Houston, TX

LanLord

Anyone else listening to Frank Sinatra??

What's the deal, I have a file server running at home and I need to remote desktop into my computer at home sometimes, but today I cant.

What's going on? I remember getting something a while back that said the IP would change, but I would be notified when it was changing and what it would change to.

I see the rest of you guys complaining about an "upgrade", am I now involved in the same problems that you all are having?

Im in Houston, and have had great service and support from Cyberonic in the past.. hope that doesnt change.

-LL
LanLord

LanLord

well, talked to bill with cyberonic support, he said my upgrade was scheduled for tomorrow!! and that I should have the new modem?? What the he!! I dont have a modem yet, and I dont have my new IP# yet.
HAL6664
join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA

HAL6664

The 25 day clock is running for you. You should read the big thread called "VIP upgrade". Cyberonic doesn't generally answer the phones, return email, or provide any meaningful support of any kind. The big picture has changed and the best advice would be to find another provider and "lose" your credit card to stop them from continuing to charge your credit card each month. Once the 25 days has expired, you are stuck with a 1 year contract. Period, end of story.
ross7
join:2000-08-16

ross7

said by HAL6664:

The 25 day clock is running for you. You should read the big thread called "VIP upgrade". Cyberonic doesn't generally answer the phones, return email, or provide any meaningful support of any kind. The big picture has changed and the best advice would be to find another provider and "lose" your credit card to stop them from continuing to charge your credit card each month. Once the 25 days has expired, you are stuck with a 1 year contract. Period, end of story. [emphasis added]
No he's not, he can cancel any time after the 25-day trial period and pay an Early Termination Fee of $250.00...muuhahahahahaha!!
bodysurf
join:2002-01-23
Placentia, CA

bodysurf to HAL6664

to HAL6664
said by HAL6664:

The 25 day clock is running for you. You should read the big thread called "VIP upgrade". Cyberonic doesn't generally answer the phones, return email, or provide any meaningful support of any kind. The big picture has changed and the best advice would be to find another provider and "lose" your credit card to stop them from continuing to charge your credit card each month. Once the 25 days has expired, you are stuck with a 1 year contract. Period, end of story.
I don't remember signing/agreeing to this new "1 year contract". I think it would be hard to enforce unless Cyberonic gets something in writing. However, I wouldn't intentionally test it.
HAL6664
join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA

HAL6664

Just vote with your wallet and cancel. It's a waste of time to be complaining to the Better Business Bureau or the California DCA. (if you actually live in Calif).. »www.dca.ca.gov/complaint ··· int.html
wwongma
join:2002-03-26
Westwood, MA

wwongma to LanLord

to LanLord
I do not get Frank S. I get directly to vmail. Can not connect since last night and the modem lights are on. think it is an upgrade or network is down. Have not received any packages and notification. Waiting for them to call back. Left a couple of messages to 2 different numbers, support number and vip number. Hopefully something will happen.

WW
wwongma

wwongma to LanLord

to LanLord
Just talked to them and confirmed the switch happend last night which explains the loss of service. They said the new modem will be shipped Tues but can still use the existing Efficient with the modifications from the website. Will give that a shot and see.

WW
Expand your moderator at work
wwongma

wwongma to LanLord

to LanLord

Re: Anyone else listening to Frank Sinatra??

After spending time with them on the phone (roughly 1 hr)was able to get up and running. had some problems initially specifically with the router i currently have (efficient)and the firmware on it is old so had to tweak some, it finally was up. Support was very helpful and patient.

tested my speeds and am getting 1281/550 which is fine for me. similar to what I got before switch. am going to let it ride some before deciding if I want to upgrade or even drop though my only option is cable...who knows, hopefully in the next couple of weeks connection will be solid and will base my decision on that.

only negative with this upgrade was I left vmail and no call back. I had to call in again to get assistance but once I did, it was great. to think in the 4 yrs I have had them, have had to call them something like 5 times and 3 of it was for this.

Things will need to investigate
1) upgrade price for speed, is that only for first yr or more? will efficient handle increase?
2) setting up a wireless, do I need to do anything on the router to get it to work? can I just plug wireless router/access point in one of the open slots or do I need to set it from efficient router to wireless router/access point? not too familair with wireless, may start separate thread.

good luck to all.

WW