spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Catch22007
join:2004-02-19
Danville, PA

Catch22007

Pennsylvania DSL petition?

I read on Verizon's website some time ago that Pennsylvania Residents could 'petition' for DSL installation in certain areas if enough Residents on that road would sign up for the service... Anyone have more information on this?I can not seem to find anything on their site now.

I am planning on moving again and I do NOT want to go back to dial up. I also asked this in the Verizon Tech Support area but of course got a canned response to check Verizon's site for Availability and that the forum was for current customers only blah blah blah.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

IS this what you are looking for?

»www22.verizon.com/foryou ··· me/bfrr/

The Pennsylvania legislature recently enacted a new law instructing Verizon and other telephone companies to give their Pennsylvania customers an opportunity to complete a Bona Fide Retail Request (BFRR) for DSL service. This program may speed DSL deployment to your immediate area, but it also requires that you commit to purchase DSL service for a year. Under this program, if 50 customers or 25% of the customers in your nearby community, whichever is less, commit to purchase DSL for a minimum of one year, Verizon will deploy DSL in that area within 12 months. Verizon will make up to 40 BFRR deployments each year

Ryno
The Wanderer
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Danielsville, PA

Ryno to Catch22007

Premium Member

to Catch22007
Now we need one for FIOS..hehe jk.

Does this have anything to do with the politicians letting Verizon off the hook for the tax breaks they got for all the broadnband they promised and didn't provide?

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Yes, this was the slap they received.
marine_3038
join:2006-03-28
Hartford City, IN

marine_3038 to Catch22007

to Catch22007
Anyone can have DSL if you bitch loud enough to the right people
Catch22007
join:2004-02-19
Danville, PA

Catch22007

And the right people would be? I really need this DSL installed at this location since I will be doing work from there, so all tips are welcome.
marine_3038
join:2006-03-28
Hartford City, IN

marine_3038 to Catch22007

to Catch22007
City hall, city council ph company, billing department, cooperate people at verizon