jaceg
Keep'In An Eye Out For Ya
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Revere, MA

jaceg

Premium Member

New Sound Card Installation Question

I'm going to be replacing my current Creative PCI Sound card with a M-Audio Revolution PCI card.

Do I have to uninstall any drivers for the current card (like replacing a video card) or can I simply remove the existing card and replace it with the new one?

Also, the installation instructions of the new card suggest that the drivers be installed BEFORE installing the new hardware (card). Does this seem correct?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

It is always best to remove the old drivers - always. Procedures for new hardware depends on the company that makles the hardware - it is not unheard of to install the drivers first then add in the card.

jaceg
Premium Member
Revere, MA

jaceg

Premium Member

Thanks CylonRed.

I can't find any notation to the sound drivers in the Add/Remove programs list.

Am I missing something?

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid to jaceg

to jaceg
Creative and 3com drivers are uninstallable... Yes, you can unistall and yes you can del .dll files and yes you can remove some regs. But you shall have missing dlls warnings...

I love the cards but hate the software...

jaceg
Premium Member
Revere, MA

jaceg

Premium Member

Sorry, I did find the Creative drivers in the Add/Remove programs list.

So correct me if I'm wrong.

I should uninstall the Creative drivers. Shut down the computer. Remove the Creative sound card.

Restart the computer with NO sound card. Install the M-Audio drivers. Shut down the computer. Install the M-Audio sound card and restart?

Thanks.