uniqs

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

[General] DNS changes...

The AT&T DSLReports team has received notification that the company is switching DNS to an any cast DNS plan using only two DNS IP's across the network. The volume of DNS clusters is not going down, but their addresses are. The group working the change is slated to complete turning down the legacy DNS IP's by year's end, and regionally one by one.

I have been asked to get the word out on this site that this change is going on, as someone who is working the change noticed discussion on this site around hard coding some of the legacy DNS addresses that will be turned down.

If you are either a static customer or have other wise hard coded your DNS entries to the legacy DNS IP's, please start using 68.94.156.1 and 68.94.157.1 instead of the old IP's at your earliest convenience. Keep in mind that we probably will not get a list of when any particular legacy DNS IP will be turned down, so the sooner you make the change the better.

Any questions, please feel free to reply to this post and I will be sending this thread to the person who let me know about the up and coming changes..
Matthew
Premium Member
join:2001-08-03
Emmett, ID

Matthew

Premium Member

Please direct all questions and comments about the change to the original thread.