Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

Speakeasy Technical Support

During the past few months Speakeasy hold time has been slowly increasing to the point of 30 minutes per call. I been waiting for 12 minutes right now and I would like to know why is this going on? Now everytime I call it seems the tech are always busy. Any idea why?

This is also at anytime of the given day, I even called once at 4AM when I was experiencing some problems with my line that I gave them a call and hold time was over 25 minutes.

I am sorry but this is unacceptable and I will like an explanation.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

hnnn - I wonder if it is the bad weather the mid-west has experienced the last week or 2 from spring....

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

Would mid-west include Washington?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

I am talking about increased calls to the support center in Washington when stuff happens to lines in tehmid-West.
Fragmaster2
join:2001-03-05
Abingdon, MD

Fragmaster2 to Michieru2

to Michieru2
I called a couple of nights ago and my hold time was less than 3 minutes. Problem was a bad card in the dslam and was fixed in less than 4 hours. I would call that pretty good support. Perhaps they have just happened to have a high call volume the times you have called.

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

I just wanted an explanantion why so far the technical support agent in the ticket said the following:

"As of right now we are experiencing no hold times at all. We are making adjustments to staffing to account for the recent influx of new customers. Please be patient while we finish making these accommodations."

That's all I wanted to hear really and not some excuse.

I got just pissed because I call over my cellphone and well I lose minutes this way because I do not own a land line.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol

Premium Member

I know they are actively hiring new tech support staff. Anyone want a job??

NetEngineer9
join:2004-03-25
Kingston, WA

NetEngineer9 to Michieru2

to Michieru2
I know I'm really late on a reply to this whole thing but what the hell...

So, you have problems and when you call you experience high hold times? Maybe it's because everyone else is experiencing problems at the same time and are on the phone just like you.

As far as what you use to call in, that's hardly SE's fault. If you don't have a land line and that's your choice and you will have to live with the bill that comes every month. Didn't you analyze all of that before making the decision to use a cell phone for all of your calling?

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

"So, you have problems and when you call you experience high hold times? Maybe it's because everyone else is experiencing problems at the same time and are on the phone just like you."

There was no reported outages when I called and this was a reaccuring problem. Especially at 4AM where call times should be real low. As far as I can tell that is SE's fault and when I asked they will just give me "I don't really know why, the hold times are 3 minutes at max."

Until finally someone came out and told me that it was because of new customers. That's a wonderful explanation so I have no reason to complain.

Also I am aware it's not SE's fault that I do not have landline but at the same time hold times should not be that long and that eats up my minutes. I am not angry because of that just annoyed.

Plus yes I did analyze all that before using a cellphone as my main line but 30 minutes is just a big no no for technical support for any company.