uniqs

BBR_InsUW
WT or CoH thats my Game

join:2000-04-22
La Mesa, CA

1 recommendation

BBR_InsUW

Censorship and ME

Gosh are you talking about me here »Re: I jumped Ship!!! ?

I am the MOD here and I KNOW what is going on.

Lets get the record clear
said by ross7:

HAL666 comments are being censored by the Mods of this forum...
That statement is a total falsehood.

If any post is edited it not only leave the postmark that moderation was done, you will also see a comment by me as to the edit like [MOD EDIT link removed] or something like that, or the entire post would be removed.

In the past 30 days only 1 post has been removed and it deserved to be removed as it was nothing more than an attempt to flame.

If you feel I am censoring members Please go now and PM fatness or Justin and tell them about it.

I have had many complaints over the use of the "Cybermoronic" in posts and not once has it been edited or removed. That is a users personal opinion and as such can be used in that manner.

I will let you know a secret, this forum and a few others that I am the mod for get very little business from me.
For the most part you take care of it yourself and that is good.

I would like it to continue that way, and I hope it will.

There is a strong division in this forum and certain folks like to toe that line, well fine but don't cross it, because you may not see me but I am here and aware.

Lastly I will address the one issue that is relevant and that is "astroturfing" or "Reverse astroturfing" if I see it happening I will address the issue, End of story.
marcoesc
join:2000-07-10
Scotts Valley, CA

marcoesc

Yet threads disappear...

I appreciate your claim that threads/posts are not being moderated here on the forum. Yet I wonder what happened to the thread titled: "Cancelling after 3+years"

It's showing as having been removed due to moderator action. This was a legit thread discussing the company's policies, their recent decision to unilaterally apply new contracts to customers, and the decisions of some of us to move on to another company.

I'm quite concerned that free discussion of Cyberonic is being silenced. Remember, many if not most of us became Cyberonic customers due to discussion and organizing on these very forums. It was the DSLReports.com forums that guided many of us to choose Cyberonic. It's only fair and appropriate that we be able to share our experiences, both positive and negative, in this appropriate forum.

There seems to be some serious funny business going on. Sure, there is a user or three with an axe to grind, but a smart reader will figure that out for himself. Then there's the "company shill", popping up to say how great everything has been for him. Plus the very telling periodic posts from "Neil" the company man, offering a Cyberonic presence, but few answers of value.

Please, continue to let the conversation flow. If customers (or former customers) are angry with how Cyberonic has treated them, they should be allowed to freely express that here.

Remember: it was the dslreports.com forums that led us to become Cyberonic customers. It is a great disservice to now censor that conversation without explanation.

So where did the "Cancelling after 3+years " thread go, anyway?

BBR_InsUW
WT or CoH thats my Game

join:2000-04-22
La Mesa, CA

BBR_InsUW

I answered you via IM, and the reason it was moved so everyone know is that the orginal post was lost in the flame feat that followed betweeen Hall and Don

Neither was helping the OP and that is why it is gone.

I wont silence a reasonable discussion but flame wars are another matter
marcoesc
join:2000-07-10
Scotts Valley, CA

marcoesc to BBR_InsUW

to BBR_InsUW

Re: Censorship and ME

Thank you for returning the thread and just deleting the flame war at the end. In this reader's opinion, a far more appropriate action.
ross7
join:2000-08-16

ross7 to BBR_InsUW

to BBR_InsUW

Re: Yet threads disappear...

said by BBR_InsUW:

I answered you via IM, and the reason it was moved so everyone know is that the orginal post was lost in the flame feat that followed betweeen Hall and Don

Neither was helping the OP and that is why it is gone.

I wont silence a reasonable discussion but flame wars are another matter
Complete, self-serving bullshit rationalization! You do it because you think you owe some allegiance to Cybermoronic because you are the Mod of this forum. You have decided that gives you the right to intercede when they're getting kicked in the ass by the people they have wronged. I gotta side with marcoesc one this one; leave the dialogue alone.

Personally, I don't give a good goddamn if any representative from Cyberonic EVER shows his weasling face in this forum. I have repeatedly requested information and/or technical advice in this forum, to NO AVAIL! Never a meaningful reply, if indeed a reply was ever obtained at all. There isn't a soul here who thinks Cyberonic gives a damn about them either, period...except Neil (who works for them, doing god knows what???), and maybe you! Experience teaches us that Cyberonic is uninterested in fixing their mail servers, maintaining uptime on the DSL connection, marketing their wares at competitive rates, or dealing fairly, efficiently, apologetically and respectully with their oft-abused clients. Their bad attitude and shitty service should at least come with a low price tag; which it does not. Otherwise, it is much cheaper to be abused by the Telcos directly.

Your suppression of peoples gripes, in the only forum where it is relevant, is uncalled for, and is a disservice to the existing, and potential, customers of Cyberonic, IMHO.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

Very few mods will talk publicly about how they mod a forum. You're lucky enough to have one in Cyberonic. But your post just got this thread locked. Good going.